You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Little Room

Real Ghost Stories

Little Room

 

I would like to start by giving some history on the home. In 1998 I bought a 96 model double wide that was bought new by an elderly couple. The sales agent said that they lived in it for a few months and one of them died and the other was placed in a nursing home. I do not know if they died in the house. The following is my account of some strange happenings.

Our home has three bedrooms and my wife and I decided to make the smallest bedroom into a playroom for our two year old. All was fine for a few months. My wife and I were in the kitchen when we heard our son talking to someone. We went and asked him who he was talking to. He replied that it was Tom and we laughed and said it is an imaginary friend. Day after day he continued to talk and play with Tom. When he would get in trouble and asked why did you do that he would say Tom did it. We decided to move his toys into his bedroom that is right next to the living room to keep a better eye on him. Things improved over the months and Tom was forgotten. The room was used for storage a long time until I decided to make a bedroom/gamer room out of it.

The little room was the warmest in the house so on a cold winter night we decided to start sleeping there. One night we stayed up talking most of the night. When we turned off the lights and laid down it was pitch black. I was dead tired and couldn't go to sleep because something was bumping my back under the bed. I finally asked my wife if she was moving. No, why? Because something is bumping my back under the bed. She said me too. As we start to get up we both see these red eyes look up at us and then turn away like it was walking slowly to the end of the bed. We jump up and turn on the light but nothing is there. I even picked up the bed to look underneath. We were freaked out to say the least. The eyes reminded me of an opossum but even animal eyes do not glow in the dark unless reflecting light and it was pitch black.

Things were fine for awhile but when I was alone I could sense a presence in the room emanating from the closet. I tacked a small nail in the door frame and took off my sterling silver cross necklace and hung it from the nail. Not long after the silver cross turned gold. I have not had any problems since. I had a friend over recently and was telling him this story and he suggested that maybe the cross or the silver itself absorbed whatever was in there. I will never take it down and I also have a keyed doorknob with the key part inside the closet and keep it locked. I have had other instances in the house such as my other story guard ghost if anyone wishes to read. Thanks for reading and please feel free to comment and ask questions

Other hauntings by champion

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, champion, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Hi everyone! Just wanted to update. I said I would never take the cross down. Well I did a few months ago and the home is more peaceful than ever! Was some dark energy trapped inside and when released left for good? I don't know but everyone seems more relaxed since. I'm sure others that have been around dark energy will understand what I'm talking about when I say that it feels like you are breathing toxic air and when its gone its like a cool breath of winter air when you step out of a stuffy house. Love you guys, love the comments and God bless you all!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-30)
Someonesomewhere: Our site administrator has been contacted about this. Sadly, this isn't the first time this crap has popped up, nor will it be the last. Thanks for the head's up! In this day and age, we all need to be diligent of our material that has been published on-line. It's nice to know others are looking out for us:)
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-30)
Someonesomewhere, I checked it out and I really try to avoid negativity and to pursue such things is not worth the bad feelings and anger it would cause. I don't agree with what they did but the bright side is more people get to enjoy the stories. I have put that stuff behind me and my life has greatly improved by counting my blessings each day instead of everything that has went wrong. I appreciate you contacting me but I don't wish to get involved.
Thank you,
Champion
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-29)
Mellybar- we got up and turned on the lights. Expected a big opossum to start hissing at me baring its teeth as they are common here. The only thing worse is nothing being there. Notjustme- I don't remember the details but it was a boy around his age. He was 2 or three years old and now he is 18 so I would advise anyone who is looking at events in life to keep a journal as reference material as details as simple as eye hair clothing colors smells etc. So they can remember.
mellybarr (4 stories) (46 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-29)
I'm wondering what you and your wife were expecting to see under the bed if, as you mentioned, it was pitch black.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-29)
Hello! I agree with Elnoraemily that silver does indeed tarnish and turn a yellowy colour. Not saying I don't believe the story, since both of you felt the bumping and saw the eyes. I do not have any clue what that could be. Have you ever asked your son what Tom looks like?
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-28)
Elenoraemily-never looked up the original owners names but a title search could probably be done just never wanted to really know the truth enough if you know what I mean.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-27)
As elnoraemily say about animals eyes sample a cats its does glow and been like a car light. Wow glows eyes under the bed I would have run out the room.
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-26)
Thanks for your comments. It seems that a lot of things can be explained away and not every incident is paranormal but after a lot of things that have happened in my life one can't help but wonder.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-26)
champion, it does make one go 'hmmmm'. You and your wife both saw those eyes, that pretty much rules out imagination. Very, very odd indeed!
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-26)
champion- Creepy indeed. I bet there wasn't much sleep that night. And something to be said about those imagination friends.

Thanks for sharing
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-26)
I will say that animals eyes can glow in incredibly low light. Most animals, especially nocturnal, can see in very low levels because of how their eyes pick up light.
The fact that nothing was there when the light was turned on is odd. If it was an animal, it could have found a clever hiding place, but you likely would have heard to scurry away (opossums are not graceful creatures in the least, as I am sure you know being Tennessee- I am originally from Indiana 😜). Definitely not a fun thing to see in the middle of the night.

Silver tarnishes if not cleaned. Exposure to air makes this inevitable. It will appear to turn gold/yellow a lot of the time. I, personally, don't think that it absorbed anything other than natural chemicals that caused a color change. That's not to say that the cross did not help your situation, because it very well could have.

I always get a bit creeped out by children who talk to things no one else can see. It could be imagination or it could be something else. Did you look up the name Tom to see if it belonged to an original owner?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: