You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: 2nd Generation Paranormal Issues?

Real Ghost Stories

2nd Generation Paranormal Issues?

 

First let me start my story when I was a child, I'm sorry this may get kind of long...lol. I grew up in a very active house, not an old house by any means but still VERY active. We bought the house in about 1987 or so when I was 4-5. The house was built in 1984 and was in a nice neighborhood.

I didn't start having experiences for a couple of years, but they started pretty early with my mother. She would hear voices, see shadows, etc. She also said that every night their bed would move across the room and turn sideways and they had to move it back into place, and it did NOT have wheels on it.

I remember me being 6-8 having an imaginary friend I used to talk to, that would tell me to do strange things, things that would get me hurt/get me into trouble. I remember one instance where I was talking to my friend and my mother was in the basement doing laundry, I was 8 or so. He told me to jump down the stairs and I could fly, so I did, 14 stairs to the concrete floor. I am surprised I did not get hurt, my mother thought I was being a dumb kid for jumping down the stairs.

Things seemed pretty normal until I was 12 or so. I found out that my friend 2 doors down had a very active house with a not so nice spirit in it. I was invited over to a sleepover and we were told that we had to stay in his room after the parents went to sleep. Being a room full of 12 year olds we thought it was plain funny. I remember falling asleep on the floor next to one of my friends, and I remember being awoken to the sound of a cat screeching, which I KNEW the cat was locked out of the room when we went to sleep. I managed to look over and see my friend wide awake like me, and both of us unable to move. BOTH of us were unable to get up, we were pinned to the floor. We heard an audible laugh and then a huge crash and the sound of broken glass and things falling over.

It has been nearly 20 years and I can still see this now. We were able to get up and turned on the bathroom light in the room to find the medicine cabinet COMPLETELY ripped from the wall and thrown into the tub putting a hole in the wall... Totally serious... No joke, like I said nearly 20 years later I can still picture this.

Things soon started to ramp up at home, I started seeing things, people, kids and adults in our house. I saw a full child in the front door window in the middle of the night staring at me and I made eye contact. He was bright white and I could see through him. I jumped up and opened the door, and no one was outside. A little while later I saw a full body man standing in our hallway wearing a flannel shirt and he had a beard, looked like none of my family. A month or so later I saw the child again in the bathroom mirror behind me in the living room.

I started hearing footsteps, saw things start to move around my room. I knew I had NOT put them there, but most creepy of all, is whatever was there loved to play tricks when you were alone/sleeping. I would wake up to someone screaming my name/hearing FIRE in my sleep and jumped up to see no one home and everything fine. I would have the blanket ripped off me, and when I would take a shower and had shampoo in my hair I would hear voices when my ears were plugged up/feel the shower curtain rubbing on me when standing still/feeling cold breaths on my neck.

I feel the basement was the worst part. You always felt like you were being watched, and if no one was home you could hear people walking above you. And the worst was if it was at night and you only had one light on that light would ALWAYS burn out especially if you were a long way from it, so it would be pitch black. Two-three times the bulb literally exploded.

I got to the point around 17 I couldn't stand being there anymore. I didn't sleep, I was depressed, and was scared to go home at night, so I started sleeping in my car. Soon after that my parents got divorced and I moved into my dad's apartment and the issues subsided.

It wasn't until much later that I found out my mom despised being there. She had lots of issues from day 1, and so did my brother and his ex-wife when they lived in the basement when they lived there for a short time. I didn't have a single experience until I was 29. I had to go back to house after parent was out of town, it was broad daylight probably 3 PM. I had to go into the basement to pick something up from the weird room that always gave us the heebie jeebies. I was sitting in a chair going through boxes when I heard something moving behind me. I turned to look and saw a full black mass that was NOT see through... I figured I was older so I stood up and said HEY and moved towards it, and honest, it went HEH like a hiss, and shot off into the wall. When it went through the entertainment center, it knocked off the VHS tapes and alarm clock that was sitting up there, shattering it on the floor. I said I'm out of here, and haven't been back in there by myself to this day.

Now, after I went through this long story, people who stuck it out deserve a cookie...lol. I ended up getting married, moving into an apartment, and having a daughter. We moved into our current house 3 years ago, and I had the weird thing happen every so often. I figured it was my brain being weird. But all of a sudden my daughter now has a friend, she has to have a full light on at night, not just a night light, wakes up with random bruises, does things like climb on her bed and jump off in the middle of the night crashing into the floor hurting herself. In the last few weeks, she can NOT keep her door closed, even if she is dead asleep. If I close her door, she wakes up crying saying I can't close her door, because she is scared, yet she never says why... She always says "nothing" when I ask her what's wrong. Even my skeptical wife has to have a nightlight at 31 as she gets a funny feeling at night now. I have seen doors swinging and lights starting to flicker here, I have tried to debunk it, but no luck. I have NOT have ANY experiences in years, why now? Am I going crazy?

Last thing, we had to put all 3 of our dogs to sleep over a year period. All of them got an inoperable tumor/health issue almost immediately and had to be put down within a month of finding out. They went from ok to dead like a snap of the fingers. Plants don't stay alive in the house, sometimes it has a funny smell, but NONE of this started here until like a year ago, and the adults don't see 90% of it.

I just want to know I am not going crazy. I have written some paranormal places/psychics and none of them ever got back to me. One of them said it sounds like old house had a poltergeist in it but not much they could do.

If anyone actually reads this/gives me their opinion, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, metvelle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

gstories (4 stories) (22 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-13)
I would ask your other family member that lived in the house you were talking about first to see if they had. Any ghostly experiences before and/or after living in that haunted house. Maybe ask some grand parents or aunts and uncles too, just to see if it's just you or if it's. A "family haunting" type of thing.

I would definitely have your house or apartment blessed by a priest (or someone like that) if you're religious or have someone or a a team come and cleanse the house and your family.

I swear that there's a ghost that followed, my mom, sister, and I.
gstories (4 stories) (22 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-13)
I would ask your other family member that lived in the house you were talking about first to see if they had. Any ghostly experiences before and/or after living in that haunted house. Maybe ask some grand parents or aunts and uncles too, just to see if it's just you or if it's. A "family haunting" type of thing.

I would definitely have your house or apartment blessed by a priest (or someone like that) if you're religious or have someone or a a team come and cleanse the house and your family.
Julesylou (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-27)
Yikes! This is incredible! My belief on this matter is this: some of us have an excess of psychic energy that draws entities to us. They require that energy to move through the veil. Focusing your energy will help you. This can be done with meditation and yoga (free info on internet and public library). It is important to know and understand that it is YOUR ENERGY and if you do not wish to share it you must make that clear. You can also focus your energy using religion and ask God for assistance with this.
It has been my practice, so I know it works. Control your energy output and control the manifestations.
I am worried for your daughter. Right now it seems like she is easy pickings for whatever is in your home. Perhaps taking her go a park (away from home) and asking her for the truth will give you insight on her situation. Then together with her help her focus her energy, be it with prayer or yoga.
I hope this helps you in some way.
Good luck
Jules
frangelica1 (40 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
If you think it is paranormal, it may be worthwhile to try Rook's 3 day home cleansing method since others on this site have used it with a lot of success. I would definitely look up Rookdygin's home cleansing method and follow it exactly as he describes. I am sorry you had to go through all these experiences and now your daughter is experiencing something also. Maybe this cleansing method will help!
metvelle (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-08)
also to avoid further confusion, the apartment was my dads as well, when my parents got divorced I had issues with my mother at the time, and moved into his apartment, I was a junior in high school at the time. Mother got crazy house, she soon realized she hated it still, and put it up for sale, father REPURCHASED house, and still lives there to this day
metvelle (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-08)
sorry for the confusion, I wrote this when I was up late at night when I could not sleep. The house I lived in before was my parents house, we moved in there when I was 4, I moved out at age 18 my father still to this day lives in the house. I came back to clean out his basement and had my last experience at 29. My current house, mold has been ruled out, over the last year we have had new floors, roof, furnace etc, and more than one home inspection, so I know there isn't mold... It actually was a thought that crossed my mind when it started happening. The dogs were three different breeds, three different ages, and came from different places, one had a brain tumor, one had cancer that was inoperable, and one went into liver failure, vet had no reason for it, we had after death checks done, no poison etc. My daughter has started off slow, she started when dogs were alive, but it was small stuff like I need a night light, can you stay in here until I sleep... You know 4 year old stuff. As time went by it became I have to leave the full light on, I have to leave her door wide open, I had to remove her closet doors, she got a 3 foot teddy bear from grandma that she used to love, that now makes her scream and cry if its in her room, she tells me it talks to her at night and keeps her awake, I have found it stuffed in multiple places it does not fit, where she is trying to hide it from her. She keeps telling me that if I close her door, the bad people will get her, and they don't like me at all. I ask her to describe them, and she says no or nothing when I ask about them. She seems more and more terrified as time goes on, and just some of the things she say are creeping me out, and make me think of me growing up. I still feel nothing in this house though, like I said I just want to feel like I'm not going off the deep end
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
I would have to agree with valkricry and BJJ on this one. Please check anything that may be hazardous to everyone's health first. Even mold can cause hallucinations and stuff like that. Also I agree that the loss of all 3 dogs could make a child come up with an imaginary friend to replace them with.
It is creepy how similar the stories are from those of your childhood to the ones you're experiencing now. Hopefully it's nothing that follows a family blood line.
Please keep us updated!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-30)
metvelle,
You say that most of the new activity began within the past year. It's very sad and odd about your dogs. Did they all come from the same person/place? Was there a common thread between them, like being related? Did you house them in a particular area? Did the vet offer any explanation?
Confine in your daughter's pediatrician about her recent behavior, and the loss of your pets. It could be linked in a very non-paranormal way. She could be grieving over her furry friends. And grief can manifest in all kinds of ways. From sleep disorders to imaginary friends.
If you've had flooding in your area at any time or a leaky roof, having the place checked out for molds would be sensible. As would having an electrician in to check the wiring.
If you don't already, start keeping a journal about the stuff that happens. Note things like the weather, time of day, and the emotional status of you and family matters.
I'm also curious as to whether, away from the house, if your wife and daughter could sleep without the light on. Perhaps a weekend away might help?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-09-30)
Glad I could help, elnora 😊 Sometimes it takes me a few minutes when editing to figure out if it really says what I think it says. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong 😆
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-30)
That would make sense, Miracles!

I stared at that for a minute and was a bit lost, but reading it that way makes quite a bit more sense.

😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-09-30)
elnora - I think I can help you with that. I was confused too LOL. I believe, but could be wrong, that the o/p didn't have any experiences in his dad's apartment until he was 29. The other experiences took place in a different home, before he moved in with his dad.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-30)
I am going to point out something odd here. Maybe I read wrong, but you were talking about all of the things you saw and felt as a child, and then went on to say you never had an experience there until you were 29?
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-30)
metvelle- Seems that's a whole life time of activity to have to deal with. I really think one needs to separate the past with the now. I with BJJ on eliminating the mundane. BJJ has a point on looking for the natural causes. Mold can be a serious issue to everyone present in your home. Sorry for the loss of your dogs. Seems to me a vet would have some type of explanation for all three happening so quickly.

I would like to touch on the black mass that you experienced. I too have seen one of these. Creepy they are. And QUICK.

Thanks for sharing. Eliminate what you can. We (YGS) will help with what is left.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-09-30)
Well, I always say rule out the mundane first. It strikes me as suspicious that all the dogs got tumors, and that the house occasionally smells bad. Get a professional in right away to check for mold, gas leaks, any sort of contamination that could cause illness, hallucinations, etc. Make 100% sure that everything harmful on the practical level can be ruled out. The solutions for practical, mundane issues are different than for paranormal issues, so you don't want to address a "ghost" only to find out later down the road you were dealing with black mold or something along those lines.
If you can rule out physical issues with certainty, then and only then can you move on to considering paranormal causes. There are several ways to deal with paranormal issues, but honestly, I'm hesitant to recommend anything unless you've fully ruled out the mundane. I would recommend moving your daughter into your room for the time being to try to make certain she stays safe. And taking her to her doctor to make sure she isn't suffering from some type of sleep disorder wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Also, I don't believe you're going crazy. Put that thought out of your mind. Sometimes, crazy things happen to perfectly sane people. It's life, and we deal with it the best we can.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: