You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Dad's House

Real Ghost Stories

My Dad's House

 

When I was about 4 I went to look at a house with my dad that ended being the house we bought and lived in until about 2 years ago when my dad sold it (I'm now 23). It was a normal, one story family home. When we were touring the home I walked down the hall to what ended up being my room and saw kids that lived there playing, and also saw a girl about 6 or 7 just sitting in the middle of the room staring at me.

When we moved in I can remember frequently playing with this girl, I was under the impression that she lived down the street. One day me and the girl were playing in the toy room as we called it and I wouldn't share my toys with her (I distinctly remember this because I always felt bad about not sharing) she got very mad and got up and stormed out of my house. That was the last time I ever saw her, I'll finish that story at the end. When I was 5 I was taking a bath with the door open and I saw an older man walk by the door. I can still remember he had on a plaid shirt and was tall and thin. I should say none of this really made any sense until I was older.

Nothing really happened after that that I can remember. Then when I was between the ages of 13-16 I always felt as if someone was standing behind me looking at the side of my face but only in my room. It felt like a man. It made me uneasy but I just brushed it off. One day I just all of a sudden woke up out of a dead sleep at probably 10 AM and looked at my dog who was sitting at the end of my bed completely alert and moving her head back and forth very slowly watching something in my room as if someone was walking. It freaked me out so bad I jumped up, swung open my door and just made myself forget about it. I never liked to believe in that stuff.

My parents divorced some time after we moved into that house so we would go back and forth from my dad's to my mom's and when we would get back from my mom's, my dad (a firm believer in freaking everything) would always say, "I hear noises in your room and I think it's Paw Paw." Paw Paw was my grandpa that had previously died, but I never told my dad what happened because I never really put everything together until recently when I asked my mom if I had any friends when I was younger that would come over and play, specifically the girl who lived down the street. She told me that I never had any friends at all in the neighborhood. So I'm pretty sure my dad's house was just very paranormally active, but I'll never forget that house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Savannah2719, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-06)
Thanks for the read. Firstly, I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're chinese! Becaus eyou call her paw paw hehe forgive me if I'm wrong. I'm guessing you were pretty close your mother's mom, since your dad thinks she follows you home. LOL... Were you very close to her? I'm sorry for your loss. Have you ever met your "gong gong?" (mother's dad) maybe he was the old man walking by when you were bathing. Thanks again!
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-06)
Since the girl was there playing with the other kids during the home tour, it is reasonable to conclude that she did, in fact, live in the neighborhood.

Since you were so young and this incident was almost two decades ago, it is possible your mother may not remember the little girl, since by the time you were 5, she was gone. That is just my theory on the little girl.

The man seems to have stuck around for a while and your father could be correct. Did anything happen once you left the house, or was the house the source of the feelings/activity?
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-06)
Hi Savannah2719! Welcome to YGS! You remember the incident when you were at the age of 4-5yrs that's impressive. Although very nice story. Thanks for sharing with us.

With regards &❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: