You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: The Room Upstairs

Real Ghost Stories

The Room Upstairs

 

I wouldn't want to disclose my name, take no offense please.

I have had many ghostly encounters since my family moved to our new house. I would be writing about those soon. But it (ghostly experiences) had not bothered me until some weeks ago, because I thought it was only my imagination. Well, I haven't been in good terms with the almighty, but I didn't believe in ghosts/spirits either.

This happened to me two weeks ago. I study in a boarding school. There are four boys hostel. The one I am currently appointed to has only one room upstairs. There are four of us.

One weekend night, I was all alone in our room, the last time someone entered was 8:50 pm. After sometime, I wanted to know what time is was, so I went to my friends cupboard (he had an alarm clock). It was in the far end corner. I closed his cupboard after I checked the time. 9:20 pm. And then I was done with my psycho project at about 9:40 pm. Now, as soon as I finished my project, the power went off (I know, cliche) and I felt very strange as if someone was watching me. And so I laid down on my bed. Even then, I felt someone's presence beside my bed, watching over me. Not long after, the power came back on and I felt relieved. I went to the washroom to wash my face. Then when I came out. The cupboard which I closed by myself sometime back (9:20), it opened itself. I mean, I saw it opening.

Now, I wouldn't be writing this if it had only been me. But my friend who uses that cupboard had the same experience two days ago. Him and myself bunked a school program and stayed back. He went to the restroom so I was really getting bored myself. So I told him that I would be going downstairs to see if any authority is around. After sometime, he came downstairs and when he saw me, or rather when I saw him, he hurried past me with bloodshot eyes. I found him in the ornamental garden. I thought he was dead, but fortunately, he was just unconscious. Later when I asked him what had happened, he said that when he was in the washroom (me downstairs), he could hear the sound of cupboards opening and closing and also the noise when someone rolls over in an old rusty bed. After he was done and out he came, the cupboard next to his closed on its own. He claims to not remember anything after that moment until I found him in the ornamental garden.

We chose not to disclose any information to the authorities.

If I could get a heads up on what's going on, I'd be glad.

Thank You.

Other hauntings by zom

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-16)
find professional guys who deal with this - deal with it soon if you are living near the affected place... Trust me its worth it
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-18)
Dear zom, sometime people gets effected from the surrounding and being religious didn't guarantees that it will protect someone from the paranormal entities.
I myself believe in god, but I had lots of paranormal experiences in my life so far.
Though, thanks for the reply.

With best regards
zom (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-18)
Thanks for your words aggers and sushantkar. Sorry for the late reply. As you said sushantkar, to get my terms a little better with the almighty. Okay... Accepted. But why has it happened to my friend too? He is a religious guy. From the bottom of his heart.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-06)
Hello zom! Welcome to YGS. I would suggest you to get your terms little better with almighty and put anything related to your religion inside that cupboard and see if that brings anything good for you.

With regards
Aggers (2 stories) (30 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-06)
I believe you're having some frisky ghosts running around in your room!
It's okay don't be scared! They're only playing around. They won't harm you.
I think they just want to make themselves known to you. Honestly don't worry about it, it's 99% likely that this will last a whole while so just get use to it.
Either be humoured by it, laugh it off, give it a name and have a blast with it, or just get angry and ask for it not to bother you, as you're not bothering them.

If it gets bad and out of control then just bless your room, get rid of any negative energy. It it carries on then you'll know it's good energy so instead of being frightened by the unknown, embrace it! (Just don't do ouija boards lol)
Much love!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: