You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost In My Kitchen

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In My Kitchen

 

I was about 8 years old when I witnessed my first spirit or ghost. I had always been afraid of the house I lived in with my parents for some reason. I always felt there was a presence there that just made me scared to be alone.

One night my sister, who I never slept without, was staying the night at our cousin's house. I decided to sleep on the couch. My mother and father did not like me to leave the TV on at night so I turned the TV off and tried my best to go to sleep without my sister or at least a radio playing so I didn't hear any creepy noises like doors opening ETC, but this night I didn't want to get into trouble so I turned the TV off and was drifting off to sleep.

All of a sudden I heard my parent's back room door open and it was pretty late, I'd say 11 or 12 midnight, and I heard windbreaker pants coming through the kitchen and the footsteps on the tile floors in our kitchen to the living room. I kept my eyes closed hoping it my father getting up to go to use the restroom. I decided to open my eyes and I saw a black man. He stopped and stood there for a minute. I was completely frozen and couldn't scream, I couldn't do anything. We just looked at each other for roughly 3 minutes. He seemed shocked I had seen him. After he turned around and walked back into my parent's room it took me about 10 minutes to get back up. I finally ran into their room and turned on the light because it was pitch black in there and there was no one there except my parents who were sleeping.

I woke my mom up in a panic and told her what I had seen, she brushed it off as I was sleeping and made sure the windows were locked and she went back to bed. As for me I went into my room turned the radio on and a light and went back to sleep. I will never forget that incident. Ever since then I do believe in ghosts and have had a few strange encounters but not ever seen a full blown spirit. He was so vivid that I remember his clothes, his face and the moment I opened my eyes and we were just staring at each other. I will never forget this experience. I don't know how or why I could see him but to this day my mother still thinks I was dreaming and I know it was a spirit. There is no other explanation.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sarafl89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

tazmanian (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-13)
That was freaking scary. I suggest you pray a lot. I don't want to see the same thing just like figures on famous MGB episodes back when I was still a kid.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
LOL everyone had the same question popped into their heads as they read the story.

I will assume, for now, you meant in skin colour. Well that's a pretty cool experience in my opinion. I've always wanted to see a spirit but in a way that you did and not a scary one.

I do agree with Griff84 that he is probably an earth bound spirit who is attached to your house or land. At least you scared him just as badly hehe. If you see him again, may I suggest you send him a little prayer and tell him to move on, maybe he doesn't know where to go.

With love, notjustme
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
Same question as below, because the skin or the shadow would play into my theories on this.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
Hi sarafl89, welcome to YGS.

Miracles beat me to my first question, was he black in skin colour, or like a shadow?

Can you describe the type of clothes he was wearing? I am initially thinking if he was a coloured fellow, then perhaps he used to 'work' at the house / on the land back in the days of slavery or before, or even after. Just a thought.

Thanks for posting 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
sarafl89 - you said you saw a black man. Just to be clear, was he black as in skin color, or black like a shadow?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: