You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Indian, The Ancient, And The Junkie

Real Ghost Stories

The Indian, The Ancient, And The Junkie

 

Mine story is from when me and my family were living in a trailer park off of highway 81 and 19-41, in Hampton, Georgia. My first experience with apparitions was when I was five or six. I am currently 17. (Note that, since it's a commercial residential property, my old landlady doesn't want to confirm these. Had to track down original or copies of death certificates, police reports, and all that.)

Anyway, I was in trailer 8/8, and the trailers are arranged in an oval with the numbers going clockwise. At about 3 am, I woke up to the black mass standing outside of my bedroom door that I shared with my sisters. There is a streetlight that is observable through the window directly with nothing but empty space to shine light. The black mass was obstructing the light, and was standing a good amount taller than my parents. I remember seeing it casting a shadow of almost an Indian headdress. I, of course, jumped off the bunk bed and ran across the room to knock on the wall to my parents' room to wake them up. My father jumped up, grabbed a pistol and chased it to the living room at the end of the trailer. It wouldn't leave, so he fired. It melted away, leaving nothing but a bullet trapped in the bulletproof glass. There are new tenants, but as far as I know the glass is still there, with the same bullet.

The next encounter was with a character in jeans in the landlady's 100 year or more house. Not much happened besides seeing it and then it leaving.

But the third incident got us to move in with my father's father. Trailer 5/8 sits under an old tree, abandoned. My family and I were riding our bikes around the dirt road that holds a traffic circle holding the streetlight. We stopped because my older sister pointed out that the curtains in the abandoned trailer were moving, and by the time we all looked at it, there was a pale figure standing in there. There's only one door in and out, and it's blocked by the decaying porch. According to the 3/8 resident who is in her nineties by now, there was a raid by the police in the 80s, and the junkie tried to defend himself with a gun and was subsequently shot dead in the living room.

After that we moved to Locust Grove.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vicarious, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Whodat (42 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-15)
Hi I just happened on your story while reading scary stuff since it's almost Halloween. I looked up the trailer park in Hampton where your story takes place on Google maps. I used Street View to look at what I believe is trailer 5/8. When I went past the clothes line attached to the utlity pole, I saw what appears to be a huge, creepy face in the glass of the storm door of the back door (which is ajar) of the trailer. It looks like half a man's face and covers almost the entire top pane of the storm door. It's pretty weird. You should check it out. Even if I was looking at the wrong trailer, it's still scary.
elnoraemily (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2014-10-15)
I was also a bit lost on how jeans can be construed as ancient... They have technically been around since like turn of the century, but that's not really ancient.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-15)
I think "The Ancient" comes into play in the 3rd paragraph... The two sentences about the landlady's "100 year old house" and a "character in jeans". I'm only speculating due to the mention of the 100 year old house, assuming the jeans character is "the ancient" would make sense 😳
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-14)
Hello Vicarious! In your whole story you wrote about the Indian and the junkie but as figured out by elnoraemily, the ancient part is lost somewhere.

With regards
elnoraemily (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2014-10-13)
Where does the Ancient come to play? It is in the title, but I seem to have lost it in the story.

It would make sense that the addict would still be around if his life was taken in such a tragic way.

I find it odd that the trailer had bullet proof glass. Is that a normal thing?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: