You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Grandparents' House is Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandparents' House is Haunted

 

Once my mom and her then boyfriend split, we went to move in with my grandparents, in Redlands, California. I lived there a few years before and had noticed weird things going on in the house. Of course nobody believed me. So I basically just kept it to myself.

There would be times when I would be alone watching TV and I would hear footsteps upstairs in my grandparents room. Just walking back and forth. After a while It was annoying so I called out "Who's there?" And of course the footsteps would stop. I just brushed it off.

Another time I was in the kitchen making something to eat when I saw someone run into the office. Thinking it was my grandma, I called out for her, but when I got no response I decided to check it out. Nobody was there. At night I will usually hear someone walking up and down the stairs. The footsteps won't stop unless you say something out loud.

Another time I when I was younger, I was in one of the rooms playing Nintendo, and from the corner of my eye I saw a lady in a white dress on the balcony just staring at me. After I saw that I ran like a fat kid running to a buffet line. I told my mom but she just ignored me and said it was my imagination. So I shrugged my shoulders and resumed playing my game. Only after a few minutes I saw her again. After that, I never slept in that room again.

One of my scariest experiences was 3 years ago. I had come home late, around 2 in the morning, from hanging out with some friends. I walked up the stairs and went into my room. My dog Madison was waiting for me and I played with him for a few minutes. All of a sudden I heard the sliding door open from the room next door and then some footsteps. My dog then started to bark at the wall leading to the other room. I figured it was my grandma closing the balcony door so I went to say hi to her. But once I opened the door the room was pitch black and the sliding door was shut and locked.

I ran back to my room and turned on the radio, TV, and slept with the lights on. The next morning I had asked my grandma if she was in the room next to mine and she told me she hadn't gone in that room all day. I was pretty freaked out after that.

I now live in another city but I still work in Redlands so when I'm too tired to drive home I'll just sleep at my grandparents house. A few weeks ago I went there and slept on the couch and I woke up about 4 times because I kept hearing footsteps when it was just me in the house.

That's pretty much it, sorry if my story was as long as a novel.

Other hauntings by vickifigueroa

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vickifigueroa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
Hi v,
It is very interesting to read your story thanks for sharing. Not many people do so since they think that people might think they are crazy. So thanks for that.
It's funny that you mentioned that your grandparents would not want to get rid of what ever haunts their house. Becuase of your name I see you are hispanic and in many hispanic families there is always a believe of the after life or the souls that did not pass thru. Especialy if they are catholic. Our family's grew up and we did as well always with the idea that there always existed something other than the "alive" ones. Although you mentioned that they would be living with what ever it is I would be intrested in the history or background of the house or town or even neighborhood it is in.

Just a thought.
Take care
Natalin ❤
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-11)
Dear vickifigueroa,

You may want to do some research into the home's history and find out if the hauntings may be caused by previous, deceased owner or owners.

That is as always each one's choice to allow ghosts or spirits to stay within a place or come by to visit or pass through onto other spirit travels.

I myself, personally believe that any trapped earthbound ghosts should be helped to cross over to the other side in unconditional love. I say if you wish to have the entity removed or sent on, then try everything you can and within your power to help another cross over.

I cannot believe that any one of us would wish to spend our life outside of our 3D physical body after we die being stuck in between earth and limbo land. Most of all, I do not think we would wish our loved ones to be in the same predicament. If anyone has a belief no matter what it is, I hope that they have it within themselves to believe in the best for all of us after we die and not being caught in limbo is in my belief not the best thing for anyone, even an enemy.

I also wish to say that since you speak of your geographical area as being a haunted area, it is quite possible there is like a door or open portal there where spirits may come and go. Another, over used, descriptive word to go along with the others I just said, might be the word label, "vortex". Lei lines could also be explored.

In my opinion, anyone who is an uninvited guest whether dead or alive should be treated the same. All of them should know where are our boundaries are.

To all readers, if everything has been tried and all else fails, and your life is miserable, move.

Thanks vickifiguero and Blessings, Abby ❤
vickifigueroa (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
Hey kim... Thanks for responding...
Well I have no idea who the ghosts could be... They do own another home in Pomona, Ca and that house is haunted and was built in the early 1900s, since they moved the ghosts probably followed them to their other home. And you mentioned deceased family... Well my cousin passed away last year in a car accident and my grandpa said he saw him a few times and has felt my cousin pat him on the back before.
vickifigueroa (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
Hey Curious...
Yea many saw that Redlands is the most haunted and have many cults out here. Its kind of scary. Have you been to the cemetery off Alassandro? Best cemetery out there, at least I think so 😆
curiousAboutGhosts (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
OH Wow! I live in Redlands! I've always heard stories about this city being haunted, but I never knew if they were true or not... Anyways, thanks for sharing this story! 😁
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
I love your account.

I also see a lot of suggestions on here to bless the house. I wonder, to how many denominations will these entities respond? Are we to assume these things are Christian? Native American? What if they're agnostics? This is a serious question: if these things are in fact reflections of deceased humans, then one would be inclined to think a specific religion would apply; conversely, if there is an afterlife, then all religions are one in the same...

THESE are the things this stuff makes me consider!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Thank you for sharing your story. It is important that no one is hurt, emptionally AND physically. Your grand parents may have some idea of who the entity is, a deceased family member , maybe? Just suggesting. If it is a family member they may need to go to find peace. Just somethng to consider.

God Bless!
vickifigueroa (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
I doubt that they would want to remove the ghosts... And I don't blame them. I never got the feeling that they were bad spirits anyways... As long as they don't hurt my family then that's all that counts,right? 😜
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
I thank you vicki for answering my questions so quickly. Have your grandparents ever thought about having the home blessed or maybe a smudge ceremony performed upon it to release any negative energies or spirits that maybe trapped within the home? Both can be extremely effective. Just depends on what your belief system allows. Thanks again. 😁

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
vickifigueroa (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Hi shane...
Well since I'm a bit older now my grandparents told me that they have seen some shadows before but they didn't want to tell me while I was living there. They figured it would have scared me. 😉
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-08)
Thank you vicki for sharing your experiences with us. You stated that you were the only one who experienced anything then. Does the same seem to apply now, or have others begun to experience it as well?

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: