You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: From 3 Years Old

Real Ghost Stories

From 3 Years Old

 

From being around the age of three, I have always had the luxury of witnessing the paranormal. I say luxury, but I could rephrase that.

I would say it started when I would supposedly speak to a middle aged woman who would sit at the end of my bed each night along with her rather large, white haired dog. Apparently, we would talk for hours on end. My parents were well aware of her presence but never told me to hush, considering she would always send me off to sleep. I was told years later that she was my dad's mum, my Grandma, who died in '89 from Hodgkinson's Disease, and her dog, the Newfoundland by the name of Ralf.

Getting a little older now, and my house had been redecorated meaning I got the bigger bedroom, as I was the eldest daughter out of four brothers and a sister. I was over the moon to say the least, that didn't last for long. That bedroom gave me the worst nights I can recall so far of the fifteen years I have lived. It is only now that I realise that is why my parents converted the house, to get out of that room.

My first experience in that room was when I was around the age of nine, I had an awful nightmare, which had consisted of me being locked in a shop, that had all the lights off and the shutters were down. I rattled the shutters again and again, crying out for help, only to wake up and see a face on the ceiling smiling at me, in order to ignore it, I turned onto my side. However, in my room there was a staircase that lead to my parent's room and under those stairs, there was a further extension in the wall, where I usually dumped my teddies. On this occasion, I saw a black figure standing in that extension. I screamed for help which resulted in me not sleeping in there for quite a while.

Fast forward a couple of years and we had moved house, unfortunately for me I had to share a room with my sister, which was bad news to hear. For the first few months, nothing out of the ordinary happened, only a few bumps in the night where an object would fall off a shelf, which we would excuse as the wind. Then, the night before my 11th Birthday, I had woken around 2 in the morning with the feeling of being watched, when I looked to the corner of the room, I saw a woman, with long curly black hair, dressed like she had belonged to the 80's, standing there, looking at me. Of course, I froze, but didn't feel a malicious aura like I had from the face on the wall in my old house. Soon after, she disappeared. Once again, I found out that woman was my Grandma, as my dad had described her to wear a pink cardigan when she was alive, which is what she wore when I saw her.

After that, it was the same routine of things falling off shelves and me waking up around 4:30 every morning, which were all dismissed as just simple occurrences that were not to be taken notice of.

Now four years on and things have started up again.

My mum has woke up with the feeling of being held down, unable to breath, while seeing a dark black figure peering into her room. After a while, it stopped, but is now unable to sleep without the light on. She has also stated that while I am at school and she is alone in the house, she will hear heavy coughing come from my room, of which sounds like a little girl; which I have heard myself when I have been alone in my house as well.

I am well aware this sounds very farfetched, but even my parents have stated that growing up, they have witnessed these sorts of occurrences. It's a shame that I'm the only one out of all my parents six children to be able to see what I can, but it makes life all that more exciting.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, arminarmout, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

arminarmout (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-15)
JustCraftyCJ,
Yes, I can agree with you that it's very odd 😆
And also, I am indeed from England
JustCraftyCJ (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-15)
😲 Such an odd tale. From your usage of mum, I assume this happen in England, maybe?
JustCraftyCJ (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-15)
😲 Such an odd tale. From your usage of mum, I assume this happen in England, maybe?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: