You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: First Sightings And Beyond

Real Ghost Stories

First Sightings And Beyond

 

I'll start by mentioning I am a 37 year old mother of 4 beautiful children, I had a relatively normal happy childhood! My first encounter with a spirit was at the tender age of 3. We had just moved to South Wales UK, from England. We had a lovely little terraced house that backed onto a railway. My older brother and sister were in school, and I would wave to them from the bedroom window at playtime.

My mum was busy making the beds in the bedroom next door and I was waving to my siblings as usual, when a man in suit jacket and hat just came through the wall. I felt no fear I just watched him walk through and went and told my mum there was a man in the bedroom, at which point she broke down in tears as she had seen the very same thing several times and thought she was having a breakdown! Pretty tame I know but my first encounter!

We moved home to a larger house the next year, things started to happen pretty quickly. I always felt I was being watched on the landing that I was never alone! I cannot say I was afraid at this point! Each evening I would be put to bed, my door was always left half open and every evening I would see a ghostly figure of an elderly lady in a nightgown on the landing always looking in on me. I never felt fear, it was always calm, who she was I will never know. My mum and dad put it down to children's imagination or a dream, but let me make it quite clear I was wide awake, as awake as I am now and she was there!

This continued for sometime, no problem, about 18 months later, she was joined by another spirit or whatever it was, only this one absolutely terrified me. I can't say what it was, but I knew it was bad. I did not know if it was male or female or what it looked like, but it had a gaping mouth, would speak to me and tell me bad things were going to happen... I can remember being frozen with fear, to terrified to move, and pulling the blankets up over my head and wishing this thing to leave me alone!

My friend stayed some nights on weekends, until I woke her in the night, as there were hooded figures knelt around the bed. She saw them too and was terrified, she never stayed again. Constantly my mum and dad put it down to nightmares, but they were not, it was as real as me standing here now!

This carried on for a few years, but I felt stronger, and one night while this thing was talking away, saying vile awful things about my mum and dad etc, telling me not to get out of bed, I jumped out of bed, rushed through this being, telling it to go away and got to my parents' bedroom, but no matter what I did the door would not open. Eventually the door flew open and my mum and dad shot up in the bed wondering what the hell was happening!

Anyway after this I continued to see the elderly lady in her nightgown well into my teens. And there continued to be a feeling of uneasiness, fear even on the stairs and landing. I would never vacuum the hallway at the bottom of the stairs, the stairs or the landing!

We moved home when I was 17 and things were just well normal, the horrible being that I had encountered so many times before never borthered me, though I did suffer night terrors occasionally!

Anyway years later, about 6 to be exact I had a child of my own and own house, and a friend of mine was visiting. My friend told me that the people who lived next door to my old house where so much had occurred, had done a moon light flight left all there belongings and everything as they said the house was haunted. The ironic part is their landing was adjoining to where my landing used to be as it was a terraced property. They said there was an elderly lady on the stairs and landing and she didn't want them there! Wouldn't let them up and down the stairs etc, they were terrified and felt very threatened, yet I never felt threatened by this lady! Or was this lady the other horrible being also that I had encountered?

Thoughts and opinions are much appreciated! Am I in touch with the spirits? Or do you think it was all my imagination, when I told my mother years later she was flabbergasted and totally believed what I had seen years before! I will post again soon, thanks!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Charliex789, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Charliex789 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-17)
DOA-spirit, I think you could be right, maybe there own fear did stop them, all I ever felt was calm in the presence of this lady!
And as children I think we want to believe everything is ok when our parents tell us so!
While I have quite an open mind, I think as an adult I try to rationalise things sometimes too, as adults we lose the innocence that a child has, we only see what we want too! Thanks for your comments and thoughts.
DOA-Spirit (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-16)
I agree, also as children we don't fully understand things either. Our parents are our safe guards, heros if you like (in the eyes of a child) so if we're told it's ok, we're inclined to believe them.

Adults often try to rationalise things, the fear of the unknown etc... It's possible the old lady never physically tried to stop your neighbours passing. Perhaps the fear stopped them trying. Impossible to say without speaking to them unfortunatley.
Charliex789 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-16)
Hi everyone, thanks for reading and your feedback, it is greatly appreciated!
Elnoraemily I'm glad I could shed some light on the confusion I caused.
Wish-Not...I often wonder how I felt so calm in this elderly ladies prescience and yet the neighbours years later were terrified, maybe they had upset her in some way or maybe she didn't like the way they behaved or something, I guess we will never know! When I think back it must of been tough but I think children show an enormous strength and are much more resilient, something a lot of us lose as adults.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-16)
Charliex789- Great account and WOW. That must have been tough as a child. Way to go on remaining strong and standing up to that "mean" one. I had to deal with one a few years back and as an adult was not able to deal with it as I should have.

It's interesting that the old lady could treat/act differently to your neighbors. I suppose they must have rubbed her the wrong way?

I think you had two completely different spirits. That being the old lady and the mean one. Darn them mean ones.

Will be waiting on your next. Thanks for sharing.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-16)
The figures around your bed and whispering bad things sounds supper terrifying! From what I've read and heard, that usually means an evil spirit or a demon of some sort:| I am glad that that didn't follow you! Maybe the girl who wouldn't let you see her face was trying to protect you, or maybe she brought those things with her! Who knows! Did you ever find out any history of that property?
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-16)
Thank you, that helps!

It's not your fault, sometimes people need walked through explanations and sometimes I am one of those people 😜

That is the sad thing about being an adult- you get too set in what you believe. I agree that the majority only see what they want to see and nothing else.
Charliex789 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-10-16)
i do apologise if I have confused you, the first sighting of the gentlman in suit jacket and hat was in our first home in Wales, me and my mumhad both seen the same thing,
I was a little older and we had moved house with the other sightings, I am the only one that saw anything at this property, maybe my mum didn't want to believe, which is why she probably put it down to nightmares I don't know! Or maybe she had seen something or felt something but never said, I don't know, being young she probably did what mums do and told me it was a bad dream!
My mum was flabbergasted years later when I had grown up and told her about the family that had seen the same thing next door had up and left... Maybe it was the realisation that all those years of me telling her what I had seen, if she had never seen herself, and yet here was a whole family who had seen the same thing! I'm sorry if my account isn't as clear as it should be, maybe I was hasty in writing it down. I do think that as adults we only see what we want to see or the majority of adults anyway.
DOA-Spirit (13 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-16)
Hello,

I too noticed these points didn't really add up, but these memories go back to the tender age of 3 years old. I'd be a little hazy on the details too if it were me.

I believe what you experienced was real, I think your ex-neighbours abandoning their house due to the same apparition is proof enough.

Thanks for sharing your story.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-15)
I am a bit confused on a few points.

One: Constantly my mum and dad put it down to nightmares, but they were not, it was as real as me standing here now!

Two: told my mum there was a man in the bedroom, at which point she broke down in tears as she had seen the very same thing several times and thought she was having a breakdown

Three: I told my mother years later she was flabbergasted

These points don't really seem to go together. She knew you had seen what she did when you were younger. Then she calls them nightmares, which means she knows what you are seeing. Then you tell her again and she is shocked?

I think I am missing something here. Something is not translating right into my brain.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: