You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Tsunami Knocking On The Door And Lady By The Window

Real Ghost Stories

Tsunami Knocking On The Door And Lady By The Window

 

I have experience some paranormal activities and these are the two experience which still gives me the creeps!

This happened while on vacation in Ko Phi Phi Island, Thailand. I do not know if was just a dream or otherwise. In 2007 I went to Ko Phi Phi Island for a week vacation on my own. I have been to the island before and this is my first time staying at this hotel. I stayed on the 3rd floor of this hotel in a nice deluxe room with a balcony.

One night I was asleep and I was awoken by a loud banging on the door with someone screaming, "Tsunami!Tsunami!" I was still in shock, sitting on the bed when the voice stopped and then I saw hands coming from the corner near the bathroom with someone saying in a distress voice, "Help me... Help me!"...at the same instance I WOKE UP with the same position of the dream... Sitting on the bed... Shock and almost in tears! The whole "dream" was so real. I feel that there were souls who needed help.

The following day I asked the reception if this hotel was damage during the tsunami and if the water would have reached the 3rd floor and they said it did! I decided to say prayers and have my lights on every night after until the day I left!

I must have been 12 at that time when my aunt and her family moved to Singapore. My cousin is the same age as me and looked forward to each school holidays when I visited them. The family lived in the huge colonial bungalow with many rooms and maid's quarters. Next door to their property there is also a large colonial bungalow. These two bungalow sits nicely together surrounded by lush greenery.

During one of my visits, as we were playing one afternoon, I cycled from my cousin's driveaway and made a huge circle to the neighbour's driveaway when I saw a lady watching me from the top floor bedroom window. I must have made few circles and as I passed by their driveway I waved at the lady.

After done with my cycling in circles, I told my cousin that I hope her neighbour won't be upset that I used her driveaway but that I did gave her my friendly wave so I hope she won't be upset. But my cousin was shocked because the next bungalow is empty, I refuse to believe her and I showed her exactly where the lady was standing. There was no lady anymore at the window.

The scary bit was when she told her dad about it and my uncle said no one lives there and do not play near there anymore.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nanuar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-26)
Hi, nanuar Creepy story and I am agree with the other posters here. Thanks for sharing!
woahitsmon (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-23)
A tsunami hit Thailand on December 26, 2006. So there's a high chance that what you experienced was true.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-20)
Hello:
I feel that you may be very open to spirit, and they come through to whoever they are able. It has also been my experience that they can and do initiate contact while we are sleeping.
Have you thought about praying for the soul in the event that they might be stuck? You don't need to physically be there to do it.
Kind Regards,
L
DOA-Spirit (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
The Tsunami incident could be either psychological or paranormal in my opinion. I've had dreams before about historical events when staying in the location it happened. Thoughts can manifest in dreams.

From a paranormal perspective, I personally believe that the risidual energies left behind in such tragic events can interfere with our brains and our own energy creating a visual of the person (at least in cases where the entity doesn't interact directly with people.)

There is no reason in my mind, why these energies couldn't affect you when you sleep, manifesting in your dreams.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
Nanuar - I have read that when something terrible has happened to someone or a place, the energy does indeed linger because it was not resolved. Many people lost their lives in the Tsunami and when we see it on tv it would seem everything happened quickly and people died fast, but of course many didn't.

Many people would have been trapped in places, scared, lost their family, or was in pain for days before their actual death. So I believe you got caught in a time-lapse sort of thing. I don't think it was spirits showing themselves to you but more of you went back to their worse moment, for a moment 🤔

That's just my opinion. Thanks for the story!
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
nanuar- I'm with elnora on the residual with this first part. One can only imagine the helpless energy left from such an occasion. That type of energy can produce visual, audible hauntings and influence what one dreams.

Thanks for sharing.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
For the tsunami, since that area was only devastated about a decade ago, it could have been your subconscious remembering what happened and causing you to dream that. At that point in time when you dreamed it, it had only happened three years before- and that area was destroyed. It's possible that you were feeling the residual energy of the place, since many lives were lost, but it could also have been your subconscious. Either one.

I have no explanation for the lady in the window. Do they know the history of that bungalow?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: