You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Paranormal Window

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Window

 

It is difficult for me to try to explain this bizarre occurrence. I am very uncertain what to call what happened. I have never found any information regarding such an event and I am puzzled to this day about what took place. I am merely writing about this in search that someone may have an idea.

This event took place when I was around 6 or 7 years old. I am now 24 and I recall it quite well. I lived in a fourplex in New Westminister, BC Canada with my mother and brother. My brother shared a room with me. He is nearly 3 years older than me and he recalls this as well.

Our room had a large single pane window, with a large window sill. We used to set things on the window sill occasionally as people do to decorate the room. Many mornings after one of us had placed a couple of toys on the sill the day before, we would wake to realize that a toy had seemed to duplicate itself. A complete, identical copy of one of the toys would be beside the original one. It was always only one toy at a time that would duplicate, and it was always one that was not large, such as a McDonald's Happy Meal toy or a small doll. I will add that we didn't have multiple versions of a same or similar toy.

I am not sure if a window can be haunted or perhaps there was a spirit that was toying with us or if the window was some sort of paranormal portal or what. I have no idea and I still think about this. I recall this happening several times. As a child I was even more baffled about it and it seemed almost like we were playing a game with an invisible force and we found it rather amusing.

As an adult, it is just confusing to reflect on such a strange occurrence. Could this be some sort of haunting that I am unfamiliar with...? Can entities do such things to play with people? Has anyone heard of or had any experience like this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cheyenne24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cheyenne24 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-12)
Hmm. Interesting. So you wished to set aside toys for your offspring who would not be produced until decades later...? At 7 years old you began to stow away your first dolls that were still contained in the packaging... That in itself is peculiar.
JMagnolia (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-15)
I have a very similar story and a Google search brought me here, but what's really strange is that the duplicating items I have are toys, and I didn't even use the word 'toys' in my search! Anyway... Since I was little, I've wanted to keep all my toys for when I had my own daughter. I was 6 or 7 when I bought my first Barbie that I never took out of the box. I was obviously very serious about it, so my awesome parents put up with storing it all for me for 20some years. I now I have a 3 year old daughter, so they more than willingly gave me back all the stuff I had saved for her. Things are not how I remember though, because some of my toys seemed to have duplicated! Barbie outfits that went with a certain doll, yet no duplicate doll. Duplicate polly pocket compacts, yet only one set of pieces. A table with 5 chairs instead of four. At first I brushed it off and thought I didn't have as great of a memory of my toys as I had thought, but now it's to the point that I feel like I'm crazy! I can understand having a few duplicates that I couldn't recall, but with as many that have popped up I just don't think that's what's going on. I just want to let you know that I believe you. It's hard to have such an abnormal paranormal experience, you really begin to question your sanity.
Foxglove (23 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
Dang, I would have been stacking hundred dollar bills all OVER that thing! 😆
cheyenne24 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
[at] Eve28... Really? Hmm. Can you tell me more about your experience?
Eve28 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-21)
I had the same thing happen with me when I read it was with McDonald's toys I too had that happen one was with an alladen doll and then a small Barbie it was just strange not scary. Because you know when your little you really don't think of things being strange.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-19)
cheyenne
This is a very interesting story. I have never heard of this happening but I think it is quite possible. I don't think money would duplicate itself though but I could be wrong.
Regards
Red
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-10-18)
hazeleyes,
You're both right and wrong. Lol Emoticons are what those little faces are called. 😉 Grand having them back, ain't it?
hazeleyes (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-18)
Completely irrelevant I know but the site looks back to normal again! 😁 😁I like the way the page looks, and I like that you can pick whatever smiley face you want. Somebody changed it back now it looks better and neater and not so complicated anymore! Just had to say something, sorry. ❤

And a little message to whoever changed it back, the word "emotions" above the smiley faces is spelled wrong. There's no c in emotions. I'm just letting you know. And thank you for changing the site back!:D
cheyenne24 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-18)
Thank you for that article, it was an interesting read.
The items that duplicated however (the toys) were mostly plastic based, perhaps some had a few small metal bolts.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-18)
I just found this on the following site: http://site.uri-geller.com/overview_and_history_of_metal_bending.

Not exactly what you experienced, but it suggests a person, and not the place itself, might have been responsible. Maybe someone else who lived in the fourplex and wasn't even aware of what their mind was doing. Just a thought. Hope this helps. You can read the whole article at the link.

"The final mechanism behind paranormal phenomena seems more common throughout recorded history than in the laboratory and involves more fundamental changes in reality such as substitution of parts of an object for another one or temporary duplication. It seems that some minds under some conditions can cause temporary construction of an object (such as a deceased person or duplication of their own body) partial dematerialization may also accompany this. This could be a similar mechanism to the reality shifts observed when a psychic converts one object into another. It points to an abstract representation of objects in the world of physics and the mind being able to tap into this. This would also explain the claims of many psychics that they are not doing anything and that there must be some other external 'intelligence' involved. There may be a natural hierarchy of abstract levels of representation in nature. Interestingly developing some of these skills seems to be on a fairly well mapped out path among meditators and Yogis. Such systems, if they exist, might be expected to behave more in accordance to our bureaucratic structures."
Grimoires (5 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
The only similar experience I recall from this site, where items duplicated themselves, is by Rookdjinn, "What Happened to My Tarot Cards" In which cards in his deck began to multiply.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=12009

Thank you for sharing, very fascinating. There are many stories about items materializing from seemingly nowhere. So I see no reason why they could not duplicate as well.

Cheers.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
That is just so...weird!

I have never heard anything like this. I figured it was not your mother, but figured that had to be ruled out.
cheyenne24 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
All of the duplicated toys were in fact real items and stayed with us. They did not disappear. As naive children we were excited as it was like we mysteriously received a new toy seemingly out of nowhere. As kids, we never thought to place money or something of value on the sill to see what would happen although of course looking back on this I wish we had! The mention of perhaps my mother 'toying' with us and buying another identical toy to place beside another one is out of the question as she was a single mother and we were quite poor, even if she could think of such an odd thing to do she could not afford to. I am pretty sure we mentioned this happening to her but I would assume she thought we were playing games and making up stories. She is rather skeptical of anything out of the ordinary. However as mentioned my brother was there, seen it happen and recalls it well. I personally never had any other strange happenings occur to me in that place. My brother claims to have witnessed items move right before his eyes as he was playing from time to time. I never seen this so I cannot validate this but I have never doubted him as he has always been a person of honesty. I have often thought it would be interesting to try to return to this residence and see if I can spot anything out of the ordinary. I currently live on an island not far from the place but I think it may make the current residents very uncomfortable if I show up knocking on their door with such a strange story of what occurred there when I was a child.
Maji (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
This is really interesting! Did you try it with something else? I have soo many questions to ask but people already asked too many. Anyways I'm anxiously waiting for your reply! Love your story.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
What a fascinating account! My first thought was also, "but does it work with money?!", haha. Love this. Hopefully you reply soon because I have the same questions the others do. Thanks for sharing!
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
It sound like this may not be something you can try to experiment with as you don't live their anymore? As children did you try to experiment with anything other than just toys? Soo many questions.
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
This is very bizarre, I would agree with the post, could it have been a trick to make things, even? Maybe a try with money, but nothing too large, Whatever it is might consider money a "tip" Thanks, Interesting story
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
With all the other members on questions and reactions. Especially agree with Griff about trying money if I were your mom LOL. Have you brought this up again with your parents and other family members now that you are older? And what do thy have to say about it?
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
Hi cheyenne24, welcome to YGS.

I echo all the below responses / questions. I do also wonder however, did you ever placed anything else on the window sill which duplicated? I must admit, the first thing I would have tried would have been money, would be worth a try eh? 😉

I look forward to your reply 😊
Khili180 (3 stories) (78 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
Woaaah! This really is very confusing! I would also like to know whether they were solid toys that remained until days later... And the first thing that came to my mind was, like elnora said- maybe your parents kept them there... But then eventually sometime or the other, they would tell you or give up right!
This one is definitely a puzzler!
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
cheyenne24- ** this is me scratching my tilted head **

That has to be the most BIZAREE thing I ever heard. That's just crazy! Not to saying it didn't happen. It's just over the top weird.

I have come to a point in my life to the realization there is NOT always an answer to everything. I know that's not much help but it is what it is. I have experienced numerous events that fall under that category.

Hopefully someone with YGS will have an answer to your experience. I would love to hear/learn more about this. Thanks for sharing.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
Well, that is completely baffling.

I have the same questions as BJJ, too.

My only explanation would be maybe your parents sneaking in a second toy to be fair to both of you, but it would seem they would eventually be either caught or just tell you.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
Definitely weird...but, I suppose if a spirit can mimic a person, they might be able to mimic a toy as well. I have the same questions as BJJ.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
I was going to ask all the same questions BJJ did! I too want to know if they were solid and if they went missing after a while. My only guess was maybe something was playing mind tricks on you or maybe you had/have 'double vision'?
That's just my guesses. But weird!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
What the...?
That is seriously weird. I've heard of objects going missing and being returned, I've heard of objects moving, I've never heard of objects being replicated.
What about the duplicate items themselves? Were they solid to the touch? Did you keep them? Did they disappear after a little while?
I'm sorry about all the questions, but this is just entirely new and fascinating to me.
As to your questions, I'm not even going to hazard a guess as to whether it could be a type of haunting, although I suppose it's possible. There are stories of people finding things that appear to have been left by an unseen presence. Occasionally entities do seem to interact playfully with living people.
Were there any other experiences in the house that seemed to be out of the ordinary?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: