You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Strange Incident

Real Ghost Stories

A Strange Incident

 

Greetings to all, I am confused about the story which I am going to narrate. And I want the suggestion from the readers that what exactly it was? So please feel free to comment. So the story goes as below.

This incident happened in year 2001. I was in 1st standard at that time. I had got break of 1 week from school, so my parents decided to spend that 1 week in my hometown. You can get whole description of my hometown from the previous story. We reach my hometown just in 6 hours so it was merely easy to go.

During our stay my grandpa (maternal) took me to our farm. It was only me and my grandpa. We have to go through the forest. Forest area in my village is quiet deserted, it's not exactly forest. People who are living in our village have planted cashew nuts trees, mango trees, etc. These trees have grown up and it resembles like forest now.

So after this so called forest we have to cross the bridge and then the rice farms starts. It is said that the bridge is haunted and during heavy rains many people and and animals have washed away with flood which comes on the bridge. While walking I was just looking below the bridge as its a great site to watch a clean stream flowing forcefully and fishes swimming in it, as I never get chance to see such beautiful site in Mumbai city.

I was busy watching flowing water and on the opposite site my grandpa was looking for some crabs. Suddenly I heard a cow running so I looked on my left side I saw a brown coloured cow with RED EYES running in my direction. I was amused to such a cow with red eyes. The cow just went on its way passing from my side and I ran to tell my grandpa. Suddenly I turned around to see it again. But the cow was nowhere.

Now the bridge is almost half kilometer long and I was standing on the start of the bridge. So she can't just runaway or jump down the 20 feet high bridge. And I was not a kid with an wild imagination so it can't be my imagination. And no one talked to me about something paranormal. I never discussed this incident to anyone. I just asked about the bridge to my granny, so she told me about the accidents on bridge.

Whatever I saw was true. I have never heard ghosts of animals. So, hence, I need suggestion that what it was that I saw.

Thank you.

Other hauntings by tanscaredofghosts

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tanscaredofghosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tanscaredofghosts (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-19)
Thanks everyone for there comments. 😁
To elnoraemily, No actually the cow can't just go back in forest, because she was standing in mid of the bridge. I guess you are right that cow may have allergies. But her disappearing in mid of the forest was strange.
Bonnaroo (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Well if it was a haunting there are two types.

The one we all think of where the spirit knows we're there or the more uncommon residual haunting. Sometimes something happens and that spirit keeps doing the same thing over and over again. Some people smell baking bread on certain days of the week some people see someone hang themselves over and over again and this might be something like that. The imprint of the cows last minutes before it was swept away was left on space and time and therefore every once and awhile it happens again.

Or it was a regular cow.

Either way it sounds creepy!
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-26)
Hi, tanscaredofghosts interesting story... I am with elnoraemily.

Thanks for sharing.
anu_belieber (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-26)
I don't know if there are ghosts of animals but I know for sure that animals can be haunted though...
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-21)
Hmmm that's pretty weird aren't cows sacred in India? (Not that that has anything to do with the storie)
Anyway, I have never heard of a cow like this, this is very weird, and interesting, thanks for sharing the storie. I'm not sure how to explain it though.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-21)
Is it possible the cow just went back into the forest?

Since you were running in the opposite direction, it's possible it had time to get away.
Cows can also get pink eye, which is an eye infection that can make eyes appear red.

They also get allergies.

If it was a light brown, it could also have a form of albinism.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: