You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Is The Wolf A Warning? Or Is It Causing Trouble?

Real Ghost Stories

Is The Wolf A Warning? Or Is It Causing Trouble?

 

I'm sixteen going on seventeen in a few weeks, and I've always been sensitive to the paranormal. Most of the time, I can sense when a spirit is near, or if someone has recently come across a spirit. But I'm not here to talk about those occurrences. I'm here to talk about the wolf. Flashback time.

The first time I saw this grey wolf was when I was nine. My parents had been fighting, so I had been sent to stay the night at my cousin's house. During the drive there, I looked out the window and saw it walking along the sidewalk. It had yellow eyes and grey fur. When I blinked, it disappeared. The next day, when I got back to my home, I found out my dad had been arrested and my mom was filing for a divorce.

The second time I saw it, I was in the sixth grade. I was walking home from school and I saw the wolf walking along beside me. I ignored it, thinking I was seeing things, and crossed the street towards the apartment complex we were staying at. A car was speeding down the road and hit me, breaking my leg and my left wrist.

The third time was when my mom moved her boyfriend in when I was 11. The wolf stayed with me, always barely out of reach, and it growled whenever my mom's boyfriend walked into the room. After a couple of months, he threatened to kill us all if we told anyone how badly he had beaten my little sister. It disappeared when my mom took us to the police station.

The fourth time I saw it was when I was 13. I was at my uncle's house and saw it sitting with my uncle's dog, who was wagging her tail as if the wolf was a friend. My uncle's dog attacks all strangers. It only watched me, it didn't growl or anything. It disappeared when my mom told me my little sister had been in a motorcycle accident.

The last two times I saw it, it stayed with me for three weeks before one of my big brothers passed away. The last time I saw it was outside the restaurant where my other big brother told me he was being sent to Afghanistan. Normally I can tell what a spirit is doing, but I can't tell if this wolf is warning me, or if it's causing the trouble. If you have any ideas, please tell me.

Other hauntings by Sabrina_the_teenage_witch

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sabrina_the_teenage_witch, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Sabrina, so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even begin to understand what you must be going through. However, this narrative had me fascinated. I've nothing much to offer on this. But it is going straight into my favorites.
Bonnaroo (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
This...This strikes a cord. I've been told from my elders (Ojibwa tribe), and a few mediums that I'm a battery. I went to different ones in different states to see if they'd say the same thing. I told them I wanted to know about my love life but instead they told me this. So basically if there are spirits nearby I can power them up a ton.

ANYWAY, enough about that.

Anytime I get sick "Bill" comes around. Back when I was younger I was sick a lot, like a lot a lot. And every time about 3-4 days before I got sick things would happen that my parents would notice. Things being moved around, footsteps, my name being called, dogs barking and staring at nothing. Then I would get sick. Since I was born until now (I'm 25) this happens. When I moved in with my boyfriend I didn't tell him anything, who would believe it? Then he started asking why I left the fridge open or why the laundry pods were on the stairs and I knew I would get sick soon. This happens without fail.

I've always wondered if "Bill" was causing it, or warning me. If you find anything out about this please let me know I'm very curious.
Dacom (3 stories) (28 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-26)
I think the Wolf is your spirit guide.
I Think you don't need to be scared,
Take note when he/she is around 😊
Some of us see and feel more than others.
Sabrina_the_teenage_witch (2 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
Thank you for your feedback. When I say I'm sensitive to the paranormal, it's because every female in my family is sensitive in different ways. My little sister can only hear a spirit, My mom can only see them, and normally, I can sense their intent and their energy, I guess, since I can almost always tell when their near. Very few times do I catch a glimpse of something that's not there, but I do see them sometimes. And I will do some research about animal guides and their meaning.:)
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
Random and interesting article of what a wolf spirit guide means:

Http://www.spiritanimal.info/wolf-spirit-animal/
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
I agree with Femaelstrom, I too think it is your spirit guide. I have heard of a few people who are able to see animal spirits that has led me to believe so. I have a cousin with Native Indian blood in her and she often sees animal spirits. Not saying only Native blood can see, but it does seem that it helps.

Elnoraemily has her point too, but in this story's case I feel it's your spirit guide.
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
Animals seen by some but not others COULD be manifesting as a spirit guide/totem. Since the other dog sensed it, I think it's spiritual. The fact the aggressive dog wasn't angry is a sign that the spirit is benevolent, and the other dog wasn't threatened.

Can I guess that you have Native American blood in you? I would contact a shaman or elder to ask them THEIR opinion. And... Next time it's walking next to you, STAY with it. It's trying to protect you... As it did from your Mom's BF.

I think it's a protector. Look online for info on animal totems or spirit guides. It's a strong sign. I think it's a blessing. Remember to look for the POSITIVES... I think you're a very fortunate person. ❤
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
Well, this is interesting. I am not sure what to make of this story, so I will give my best honest opinion.

Has someone told you that you are sensitive or did you come to that conclusion on your own accord?

What I think you are seeing is a subconscious manifestation of your own fear. Mainly, it is not really there- it's in your head. This has always seemed to happen in moments of unease, which would point to it being mental. Not mental in a bad way, just your subconscious trying to get your attention.

The subconscious is very powerful- why most people are able to know something is wrong long before they get the news or get a nagging feeling right before an important call comes through. Some people are just a little better at feeling those thoughts.

Your brother just got deployed overseas to fight. That would be nerve wracking to anyone and it's little wonder you saw it for weeks. Unfortunately, your feeling was correct. I am sorry for your loss and I thank your brother for his service.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: