You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Invisible Friend

Real Ghost Stories

My Invisible Friend

 

About a week ago my Mamai (Mum (I'm Irish and speak slight Gaelic so I call her Mamai)) asked me if I remembered Keenán. At the time I didn't know who she meant and since I was playing video games, I say that yes, I did remember her and dropped the subject.

The day after that Mamai asked me to sort through some of my pictures of when I was about 5-7 years old. One of the pictures that a came across was one of me screaming, kicking and crying whilst my Dadi (Dad) was trying to take a nice photo with me. I asked Mamai why I was crying in that picture and she said that I told her, a while before that picture was taken, that Kennán told me that cameras were 'bad' and that they hurt her (I don't know how) - I then thought that cameras would hurt me and hated to have them near me. (This was a fear that I got over (I'm a total camera hog)).

After this happened I casually asked Mamai how I met Keenán and Mamai told me that one afternoon when I was about 5, I disappeared for about an hour into the backyard (I live at the base of a mountain so my backyard is huge). When I came back I told Mamai that I made a new friend but I refused to tell her where I met her. I said after that that Keenán was always around me, that only I could see her and Mamai just thought that I had an imaginary friend. After Mamai told me this story I just guessed that Keenán was a figment of my imagination, but it freaked me out a bit that my imaginary friend could make me scared of cameras.

(This is the bit that I'm confused about) Yesterday my friend and I went for I walk around my backyard (the mountain). About 1 kilometer (1,093 yards) from my house we came across a cemetery/war memorial and I don't know if I was paranoid or something, but I had a 'hunch' that Keenán may have been a ghost of a little fir or something like that.

Can anyone help me with this? Maybe help me know if this is a ghost or just my imagination? And I'll ask Mamai if anything else happened relating to Keenán. Thanks for reading:D (And sorry if my punctuation is bad - English is my second language.)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wish_for_a_wish, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CoryKeyb (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-26)
great story! I wish I have an invisible friend... A better friend... 😢
Satobhisha (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-25)
Nice...Didn't you get an eerie feeling when you came to know this story from your Mamai?
MrMcGillicutty (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-23)
Wow, ok, thank you.

When I was a teenager, my friends and I used to talk to a spirit via ouija board that told us its name was Fir. The spirit was very friendly and accurate and I came to the point where when I used the board, I would automatically ask for that spirit directly. I always just assumed that it was a foreign name, and doubted that I would ever know its origin. The spirit never told us where it was from, or else we never asked.

I have Irish ancestry... All kind of things are racing through my head now about who I may have been talking to all that time!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
Wish_for_a_wish,
Curious, did you look to see if perhaps the name Keenan was on that monument?

Pssst MrMcGillicutty, in this case 'fir' means man.
MrMcGillicutty (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
I have a question for you - You say you think it may have been the "ghost of a little fir."

What's a fir?

I've heard the term before, but only from one unusual place, and I thought it was a name that was being given to me - I didn't realize it had some other meaning and bells are going off in my head as a read that. Is it a Gaelic term? From the context, I assume it means a small child, but I don't want to make that assumption.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
Don't worry, your punctuation is lovely. It's likely better than my typing.

It's entirely possible that Keenan was just an imaginary friend. I know I had quite a few and I would create little scenarios for each one- what they liked, what they hated, ect.

There are also many theories about children being more accepting and able to see spirits. Did you see a name on the memorial that matched up to your friend? Maybe you could research the memorial and see if anything adds up.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
Wow. Nice story. I used to have two imaginary freinds (George and cookie) but they never spoke to. (I used to say George died because he got hit at my bus stop. Lol.) story, for some reason I wish I had an imaginary freind that talked to but not. Thanks for sharing your story it was very interesting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: