You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Famous Toys R Us Ghost in Sunnyville

Real Ghost Stories

Famous Toys R Us Ghost in Sunnyville

 

I went to Sunnyville, California to visit their Toys 'R' Us store. I'm a ghost hunter. I went there with three of my cousins: Jess, Kayla, Sierra. We went inside the store to buy a couple of stuff to show the family when we would go back to Utah. As I went through the doll aisle, a doll came out of its package and landed on the floor right beside me! By itself! No joke. I was shaking all over, I ran to see my cousins and told them what happened. They thought I was joking around with them but they soon realized for themselves that I wasn't.

The store manager saw us group of girls all freaked out and clumped together.

The manager: "Johnson, these girls were only here to buy. Sorry about him. Johnson haunts this store ever since they built this store over the land where his homeland was. Some say he died by a ax in his thigh. Who knows?"

"A ghost? Does he stay here?"

"Yep. Just a warning, don't go through the Play-Doh aisle. Enter at your own risk. But you know, Johnson isn't the only ghost here. Their's a group of them with him. And don't go upstairs where the camera room is..."

We stood in front of the Play_Doh aisle. I took a picture with my camera it was amazing! An example of what my photo looked like. But Johnson the ghost wasn't leaning against the wall. Why do ghosts stay here with us?

Other hauntings by 4u_allie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 4u_allie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Paul_B (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-23)
Here is a link to the Toys 'R Us segment from "That's Incredible." The video is posted on my blog:

Http://ghostsofhalloween.blogspot.com/2009/03/thats-incredible-haunted-toys-r-us.html
joeyofcalifornia (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-10-09)
That's cool that the ghost actually did something, I went to this ToysRUs a lot of times before to see if something paranormal would happen, I went all around I could not find the Play Dough aisle I think they renovated the whole place
Tabby_Cat (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Wow! That's amazing. That picture was pretty strange. Being the chicken I am, I certainly wouldn't ever go down the Play-Doh aisle! 😆
Mark09911 (7 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-30)
Spirits of the dead remain on earth for a specific reason. Usually, they're fighting reality and want to turn back the clock; they want to change an event from the past.

In rare cases, they simply have a message to pass on, or a minor task to accomplish. We've only encountered this once in hundreds of hauntings.

One notable exception is when a spirit returns to help a friend or family member, or just check to be sure you're okay.

Spirit guides, angels, totems, are a different topic. They are not malicious, ever. Don't worry about them.

You never have to worry about a ghost following you forever, or anything like that. It simply doesn't happen.
Mark09911 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-30)
i think Johnson don't want to die for some reason, and that's why he haunts
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
Hello 4u_allie.
You had a photo linked to this story that was an example of what your photo looked like. Could you send in your photo? You said that Mr. Johnson was not standing against the wall and in this photo, if I remember correctly, the caption under it said that the leaning man was Johnson.
Thank you
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-22)
Dear 4u_allie,

Your story and photo brings back an old haunting tale many times told before about this store's hauntings since the day it was built.

Guess he is still waiting for his true love, an unrequited love at that, and not even psychic Sylvia Brown(e) could get him to cross over. Talk about major denial. Can't help a dead person cross over, if they do not want to leave or admit they are dead. Wonder why nobody has sent in major God/Goddess guns to help (no disrespect meant)? This would be something major for all groups to take on, sending this guy and others over.

Why do dead people stay, "fear". It is quite ironic, dead people are trapped by their fear and living people are afraid of those trapped dead people living within their own fear. Solution: Both living and dead need to get past their fears, take responsibility and free themselves.--Abby
beccaboo (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-21)
woo omg a doll?
thats um incredible.

that poor ghost tho, having to spend forever in toys are us.
😜
Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-19)
I had read this story in a book I was reading. That was so cool that you got to experience the Toys R' Us ghost. That was awsome! Take care. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-18)
I have heard of th e Toys-r-us Ghost, and I have see this picture on many other sites before.

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-18)
Hi, 4u. I've heard of the Toys-r-Us ghost at this store before. It's really interesting. I guess the employees, and such, have lived with these spirits quite easily. I've heard there is nothing to worry about, these spirits are not a threat to anyone. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-17)
There are many explainations as to why spirits chose to remain behind. One is that they have died suddenly or tragicaly and they don't know that they are dead. Others, well they don't want to believe they are dead and sadly they just hang around watching family and loved ones. Then there are those who feel they have unfinished business here and they can't rest until that business is taken care of. Hope I was able to answer your question.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: