You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Recollections

Real Ghost Stories

Recollections

 

I am Mayank and I live in Patna, India. The story which I am writing was narrated to me by my aunt (her name is Sona and here aunt refers to as the wife of my father's brother).

Now, I do not want to take any stand as to whether her story was true. But the honesty that I saw in her eyes while narrating the whole experience made me strongly believe that her words were very much true. The incident took place somewhere around the year 1997. Aunt was 5 months pregnant at that time.

Now proceeding to the main part, aunt had gone to stay with her parents until she conceived the baby. Her parents lived in Bhagalpur, Bihar. They lived in a densely populated area. There were numerous shops, houses all the way around. Their land was pretty large, but they had constructed a small house with only two bedrooms. The rest of the land was transformed into a beautiful garden. There was none in the house except my aunt and her parents since my aunt was their lone child. The very next day after aunt reached there, was quite eventful.

Aunt suddenly woke up around 5:00 a.m. She felt quite thirsty, so she went to the kitchen to quench her thirst. The main door was near the kitchen door. As aunt reached the door of the kitchen, she felt as if a massive crowd stood behind her. She turned around and to her surprise saw three beautiful young girls standing near the main door. They were clad in beautiful skirts. The girl in the middle cried "Arre Sona! Kaisi ho yaar?" ("Hey Sona! How are you dear? "). My aunt took them to be her school friends with whom she had departed long ago because at the age of 14 she had gone to Delhi for higher studies. She thought that she could not recognize their faces as they had grown into adults.

She immediately headed to the living room and began arranging the sofa so that the guests could sit. But that very moment something struck my aunt's mind. The main door was latched from inside! How could anyone enter the house without knocking at the door. Aunt turned briskly to the main door but to her horror could not see any traces of those girls. Aunt immediately screamed and fainted! When she woke up she saw herself on the couch with her parents beside her. She revealed everything to them. Her parents being well educated took it to be some form of illness and decided that they would take her to a good doctor in Delhi. A couple of days later her parents had to urgently visit their hospitalized relative in Gwalior. So, they left for Gwalior and left her daughter with a nurse and a maid for her care.

Two days after her parents' departure something again happened. It was early morning around 5:30 a.m., the maid had woke up and was dusting the living room. Just then aunt also woke up. As somebody was awake in the house aunt didn't feel afraid. They both decided to have a morning stroll. Just as aunt opened the main door she saw the backside of a huge black bullock sitting near the main gate and whipping the ground with it's tail. It was not uncommon during those days.

Aunt went a little forward to check if it was a wild animal or a domesticated one. To her horror, she saw that the bullock had no upper portion of it's body! The maid also saw this. Together they both ran inside the house and latched the door from inside. After a few minutes they gathered some courage and opened the door again. But this time there was no sign of the "half-Bullock". Now my aunt had her proof that this case had it's root in the paranormal world.

My aunt and the maid told this to her parents. They were frightened but decided not leave their house. They held a havan (religious ceremony) in the house and after that they placed a tulsi (basil) plant in their garden which they used to worship regularly. Things changed for better! I seriously do not have any further information on this issue. Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by mayank_holmes

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mayank_holmes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mayank_holmes (5 stories) (32 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
thank you all for reading my story! My aunt had a safe delivery.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
Woah! Didn't think paranormal stuff could happen around 5 in the morning. I always thought it was quite safe around that time. You learn something new everyday. Lol. Thank you for the story. (:
-Shady.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
Hi, Mayank I can believe in your story cause in our culture it is said that if a woman is pregnant... Spirit and ghost mostly attracts towards them. But when this happens the victim suffers from miscarriage (I am saying this cause my Nani (Granny) suffered from this)

Just one question Is your aunt had safe delivery?

Thanks for sharing. 😁
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
Hi mayank_holmes! Seeing a bull in Indian culture is considered as a good omen as it symbolized 'Nandi' (It is the name for the bull which serves as the mount of the god Shiva and as the gatekeeper).
So, whether it should be considered as an evil or demonic power? I don't know.
Yes, the half bullock is something really bizarre.
Good to read that your aunt's family blessed the house after all that nasty experiences.

With regards
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
That is very strange. The half bull is bizarre!
I have nothing useful to add, sadly, but thank you for the unique read.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: