You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Child Abusing Demon

Real Ghost Stories

Child Abusing Demon

 

I need help with my experiences. I'm 14 and I'm nervous that if I tell anyone, I'll be called a liar. I've experienced strange things all my life, but it was only two and a half years ago, when I was 11, that things turned up a notch. My mum's a really religious person, she believes in God and the Devil, but not necessarily ghosts. She says it's something I shouldn't mess with.

I believe what started it was when I started getting nightmares. My mum was really curious about these night terrors, more so then I believe is normal of a parent. When I asked her why she wanted to know, she explained that when she was my age, she'd deal with strange phenomenons. She'd have a nightmare and wake up with two dark figures watching over her. She said they were demons. She wouldn't tell me anything further.

The nightmares got worse after that. When I turned twelve, I woke up after a particularly bad nightmare in which an angel hugged me and turned to a demon in my arms. There was a small figure hunched against my door, almost guarding it, knowing I wanted to run to my mother. I couldn't see it well. It was a dark figure, not that big, but the fear was all the same. It was the 'demon' in my nightmare, just glaring at me. I finally made a run for the door. When I was opening the door, I felt a burning on my foot. I ran to my mother's room and got into bed with her. But I still wasn't safe. There was a figure, large and stocky, hunched over the end of the bed, just staring at me.

I didn't wake my mother up and tell her this. Mental illness runs in my family (including my father who's Schizophrenic) and I was worried she might assume I'm Schizophrenic too. But the next morning, there were three obvious scratch marks on my foot, the one that had burned when I was opening the door. My mother saw them too.

Things calmed down for a while. There were things banging around in the kitchen at night, when nobody was in there, and my brother's door (his room's next to mine) would open and close at night when he was away at my cousins' house. There was a faint outline of a human body in the corner of my room that stood there every night, but I could live with that. Just blamed it on my imagination.

Then it got worse. I had another of my nightmares, but when I woke up, I didn't wake with a jolt, I didn't wake up with a scream being ripped from my throat, I woke as if I was still asleep. I couldn't move. I felt like something was laying over me, holding me down. I couldn't breathe, or move. Once again, I turned to mental disorders, wanting to believe more that I was out of my mind then that this was actually happening. Figured it was a unique form of Sleep Paralysis. So I laid there.

And laid there.

But it got harder to breathe. A myth that my brother told me the day before came to my head: When you wake in the middle of the night, it's because someone's watching you. And I felt like someone was watching me, so I asked "Who's there?" But I couldn't talk, so it ended up just echoing in my head. But there was an answer. A deep, kind of gravelly, sandpaper voice, like it belonged to someone who smoked a lot, said "Child abuser." And then I started getting hit. Hard punches to my entire body. I couldn't move, and I was freaking out. I didn't really feel pain, I just felt the strange sensations and reactions. It's difficult to describe. I focused on trying to move my hand, and managed to move my index finger. Just the tip. As soon as I did, everything stopped. I jolted upright and the room was eerily silent. I'd turned the TV in my room on the night before because I didn't like sleeping in the dark, and the talking from Disney Channel characters drowned out the noises in the kitchen, but now, the TV was off.

I didn't tell anyone, saying to myself it was just a dream, even though I knew I was fully awake when it happened. The next morning, my mother commented on some bruises forming around my arms and legs. There was no way I could've gotten those bruises. I don't bruise easy at all, and I'm not an active person.

This next experience happened only a month or so ago. It started when I woke up at 5 AM. My bed was shaking, weirdly, as if something was underneath it, holding the sides of it and shaking it with a violent force. I was scared, but heard my mother watching TV in her room, and my brother playing drums, and felt somewhat empowered knowing I wasn't alone. I banged on the mattress and the shaking stopped.

I got up and noticed scratches on my cheek. There were three. They weren't that bad, but they were swelling and it was kind of like a cat scratch across my cheek. I found it odd, but figured I might've scratched my cheek too hard in my sleep. When I went out to the kitchen, though, my mother was applying a cream to my disabled sister's back. Her back was scratched up violently. Three long, deep scratches from her left shoulder down to her right hip that had bled through her shirt, and three shallower, but still deep scratches from her right shoulder down to her ribcage where they met the other scratches. It was like she was attacked by an animal.

I asked what had happened, and my mother, who was ghost white, could only shrug. She didn't know. None of us knew, so we just didn't talk about it. My sister's profoundly deaf and has verbal dysprexia, so she couldn't communicate with us what had happened. All she could sign to us was that she'd had a nightmare and woke up with those scratches, and, from what she was able to tell me, her nightmare was eerily similar to the one I'd had.

There's so many more stories, too many to share just in this one story. So I figure I'll post more. I've now accepted this isn't from a mental illness, or from a dream, or made up in my head somehow. It can only be paranormal and I really want to know if anyone else has experienced this kind of activity too?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ToySoldier, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
This was posted in October of last year and the author has never logged back in to respond to any posts. I find that strange. With experiences like that, you never know what could have happened. I hope everything is ok... Toy Soldier, log back in so we know you and your family are alright! God bless you always and keep you safe. ❤
Seek (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
I sometimes wonder how many doctors prescribe meds to sane people because they see "ghosts". It seems people either think you're crazy or a liar when you tell them you've seen ghosts. Anyway great story, I'm looking forward to more. 😁
francyne1031 (49 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
I completely agree Major:) Welcome to the site. Looking forward to your comments and ideas.
Any new developments Toy?
Mjr_Winters (17 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-10-29)
well then... Its up to her If she would like to accept those suggestions...It's just a Suggestion from my experience, besides no one can harm with that... I know you want to help her... Me too...

I know too that its hereditary traits... I've interviewed a lot of patients in the Mental Hospitals, Asylums, at some point of view... I discovered that some mental illness are not usually mental disorder at all even if it is heredity case... In fact others are truly seeing things we don't understand... Just like that others can't fully understand or accept If it is mental disorder OR Dark Spirits is true... I am just telling my point is, you can't know what your are doing when sleeping... (that's why I suggest a Video Recorder) and you can't know too about your health unless you are checked by a Doctor or a Professional...

But it's up you on how you plan to solve your problems... Ignore comments if you think it might get you in trouble... There are some people that wants to like ("hear me, not them" or "I'm correct and they're wrong") just like that so be careful...

By the way don't stop to pray to God for your Family and protect you always and guide you... That's the best way that there is!...

Wish you all to be in God's grace!...
I'll pray for you and your family also...

~Major
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2014-10-29)
Francyne, I understand your claims of having this poster's best interests at heart. We all do, which is why several of us suggest professional assessment. We do not have the expertise to analyze all possible aspects, and it's best that he get the opinion of other people, people who do have that expertise. I also understand your argument that kids sometimes do drastic things because of something they heard on the internet, we all have access to the news. It's just one more reason to encourage this poster to get help from someone face to face, and not from strangers on the internet. We may mean well, but again, we don't have the expertise to know exactly what he needs. We may not be the best equipped to help.
Having said that, you've made your point of view more than clear, there is no further need to keep stating it. I've also looked at your commenting history. Interesting to say the least. It appears you like trying to start arguments with other posters, by saying their advice is mean-spirited. Not going to fly. You've said your piece, you're done, any further attempts at sparking an argument will be deleted.
Have a nice day.
francyne1031 (49 posts)
-3
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
No getting checked out and stating that would be a good idea is completely appropriate. That was not what I was getting at.
Reaffirmed this child's fears that they might be like dad and mental illness is heretitary is another. I just think we as adults need to be very careful how we suggest things to young teens in this site. Plus the fact we know nothing at all about the stability of anyone. Especially after hearing the dynamics that are going on in this particular situation. I see it very often on this site, and just voicing the other side of the coin of the comment I was referring to. I think there are better more productive ways, and safer, to point that out. That's all. In this day and age young people are doing horrific self harming acts through the use of social networks and Internet sites. Just a few weeks ago I read about a teen who heard some beg remarks in a popular social site about having depression. He went and committed suicide live because of it.
Not saying that would happen, but I think it's wise to remember we are dealing with people we know nothing about.
It seems to me if you read between the lines there is a major fear here of no wanting to be like their father, but then make the inference? I feel there are more productive ways to suggest something else might be going on.
I am a firm believer and advocate of the acceptance and support of individuals with emotional trials. That was not the point of my comment. It was to just spark some awareness to how we word things and how are suggestions might sound to a young teen. That's all. I do appreciate others takes on it also. I just feel we have to take other variables into consideration when we make suggestions. That's all:)
Toy - please do not take this or anyone's comments too personally. This is a general discussion that your experiences happened to bring up. Which I think is great hearing others opinions, ideas and suggestions. That is what this site is supposed to accomplish.
I do think that you have received some really good advise and ideas. In my first post I outlined my thoughts as they pertain to your situation. Please keep us posted! I think we would all like to know your thoughts and feelings regarding some of the questions asked. Look forward to your response.
Mjr_Winters (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
after that... If my tip prove you wrong and nothing happens... Then go to a clinic and get yourself and your sister treated appropriately...

--- Always pray... ❤
Mjr_Winters (17 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
If you really want to know if you're causing a bruises and scratches on yourself...

Tip: set a video recorder before going to sleep make sure it is recording 12 hours a night at least the room has light.
Then, get your nail cut, make sure you don't have any sharp things around your room... Pray before go to sleep... Are your sleepwalker? If not, then lock your room... 2 locks... Believe me, I'm pro in this, I maybe be not giving my identity and true name... But if you listen to me you'll get your problems in paranormal OR health (I hope) solved... I am not witch doctor, I am not paranormal expert, I am not a priest or something, but I know what your up to... IF it is that your story is TRUE, then my tip will help you solved it.

Do the same to your sister after that...

Don't thank me... This is how I LIVE...
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Beautifully stated, BadJuuJuu.

I hope you are doing okay, ToySoldier.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Adding onto what BJJ said, that's correct. It's kind of what a lot of ghost hunting teams do; they rule out EVERY physical possibility of what a noise comes from, how an item could have fallen, why you feel a certain way, etc. Before saying it is paranormal. So as I was saying in my previous comment, be safe and try to find answers!:] we're here for you!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
ToySoldier, it looks to me like you have received some very good, responsible advice. It's always, always in one's best interest to rule out non-paranormal causes for events, even if those non-paranormal causes are intimidating in their own way. Medical and mental issues can be treated, so please, for your own health, look into it. You can't solve a problem unless you know exactly what is causing the problem, and health issues and paranormal issues have very different solutions.
So, basically I'm saying that I agree with elnora and DOA. For your own peace of mind, and to find out how best to resolve this issue, speak to a health professional. If you can rule out a non-paranormal cause, great, we can help with paranormal cause. If it does turn out to be non-paranormal, however, we can't help with that. We just don't have the expertise, and you deserve the best help possible.
Mjr_Winters (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
hello guys I am new here!... Anyway... I think you got an evil spirit there. Might want to check a priest to be blessed or bring him there to get blessed. I just sign up because of this story I want to help this kids.

Happy to help and replies,Thanks! God speed!

~Major
DOA-Spirit (13 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
I'm with Elnora on this, mental illness is a rising problem in modern times, and certainly should not be ignored.

A person is at higher risk of developing Schizophrenia if their parents have had it too, and the earlier it's caught the better.

Francyne, I do understand what you're are saying, but there's no harm in getting checked out, in fact it can be quite the oppersite. Especially seeing as Schizophrenia can begin very early in life.

I would hate to think someone possibly spent their life suffering as they neglected to get the correct treatment, simply because they were made to feel ashamed of something that is more common than most would think.

Hope you get this sorted Toy Soldier.

~Ben
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
This attitude of shaming and not understanding mental health seriously disappointing. Explaining that going to get checked is okay is a much better way to go about it than avoiding or shaming it.
francyne1031 (49 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
I think we will agree to disagree on this. I don't think as a complete stranger, having only heard one experience that door should be pushed. That's all. Obviously from the post they have numerous other issues and family dynamics going on. Yes, I can see saying that to a older more mature individual. (Not saying toy soldier that you aren't:) you actually articulate yourselves very well!) But not to a 14 year old kid who is dealing with numerous other issues not to mention throwing puberty and all the other normal things that come with a child trying to become a individual. I feel taking a comment that far, with reference to mental illness being hereditary, and reminding them of the same reson why they don't want to go to their mother with this, just does nothing positive. I would think it would just cause more fear and apprehension. They have already stated they are hesitant to say anything to the family (mom) for fear of being classified as being like dad. It is our job as responsible adults to calm a child's fears and "nervousness" so that they do look for other options. Yes, it is also prudent to make references to all outcomes... But I don't think on a website, where we have no clue the emotional state of this child, that it's a good thing. That's all I'm saying. If we are talking about an adult, that is a completely different situation, and yes, we should give all input. I personally feel with a young person, barely a teen, that we have no clue as to their stability, it is better left to their family and or doctors to tell them something like that. Just my opinion and something to think about. After all we are here to explore and respect everyone's experiences and opinions, even if they differ. Just wanted to reassure the Writer that they do not have to be even more upset then they obviously are. If we take a minute to really ready between the lines here, we can see there are some serious and sad things going on in the life of this young teen. I just don't feel it's our job to add to it and make them more nervous, that's all. It's those feeling that attract negative energy in the first place. I can understand exploring all avenues, and I think they should. I just feel there is a more, shall we say, tactful way to do it with a kid... That's all 😊
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Francy, the OP had already been wondering and has a right to all possibilities, not just the happy ones. Someone with a family history who is experiencing these sorts of things should be aware (as the op is) that they need to make sure they are healthy in all ways.

Seeing a post like this and not urging someone to make sure they are healthy is not only irresponsible, but could be potentially hazzardous to this teenager.
To sit there and tell a teenager how un-enlightened and negative someone asking about mental health is, especially when it's in the family and is this teens own father, is insulting and completely irresponsible.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
Some of your experiences can be attributed to sleep paralysis.

Some to the 'power of suggestion' during a sleep paralysis episode...'I remember a myth my brother told me the day before..." You mentioned that if you awaken in the midle of the night it means 'someone is watching you... And you suddenly felt that way.

You have told us you are 14... How old is your sister and how old is your brother? I ask because some of the activity you have described sounds like it may be a Poltergeist... And if all three of you are entering Puberty... Or have been for a bit then the increase in the 'energy' level with in the home could either cause some of these experiences... Like your bed shaking or noises coming from other rooms... OR the energy has attracted a spirit (s) because of its high levels.

You mentioned, more than once, that your Mother is very Religious... Take a few moments... Step away from the Biblical 'Angel/Demon line of thinking... Could a malicious spirit/ entity have been attracted to the high energy of three children experiencing some stage of Puberty? Could this same spirit/entity be 'strong' enough to leave scraches... Or at least make you scrach yourselves?

There is a home Cleansing/Shielding Method posted on my profile. Feel free to use it. It is non-denomal in nature and anyone can use it... In fact many members have...

Now after all of that I must say, either you are experiencing some MAJOR Paranormal events. OR your pulling our chains... (not mentioning a sister until needing a second witness to your nightmare/sleep paralysis) I plan to sit on the fence while I try to sort out which side I want to stand on... Is this Paranormal or BS Blankie time.

Respectfully,

Rook
francyne1031 (49 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
No offense, but personally I think it's counter productive and a little upsetting to see someone say to a 14 year old child who is scared and reaching out "
I am worried about your mental health. I know that your father has a mental illness and the onset can come on early. A lot of the time, these sorts of things are hereditary"

I don't think this kind of comment is helpful at all. It only validates the reason they didn't want to tell her mom in the first place. We should be enlightening and positive. Not telling a 14 year old they probably have mental health issues because their father does and it's heretitary. That's all a 14 year old will take away from that comment. We need to be very careful as adults what we tell people and children. They are coming here for validation and help. I feel it is up to us to be more insightful and positive.
Toy soldier, I am so sorry you are experiencing these scary encounters. I will agree with the other comment about sleep paralysis. The only reason why I say that is I had a absolutely terrifying episode with one. I also thought something was in my room with me and was trying to attack me. You could be scratching yourself trying to fight this thing off in your sleep and you don't even realize it...? Maybe? All I can tell you is you and your family know what's best for your situation. Your posting on a website with people who don't know you. Only you know in your heart what you are experiencing, and that your situation is real or made up in your head. I think you know deep down. If it is completely real and this is a entity doing all of this, I would say this is extremely serious and you have to come completely straight with everyone that iced in the house either way. Maybe if you all sit down they can help you realize what is real, if you have any doubts. Maybe your mom and brother have had some encounters they have also been too afraid to talk about? How old is your sister? Maybe some of the things you are hearing is a manifestation coming from her? I know that teens can produce poltergeist activity, I can only imagine her frustration and built up energy from not being able to express herself like she wants. Maybe that is something to look into? Also you said your mom is very religious... Maybe it's a good thing and would give you and your family price of mind to have a priest come in and do a blessing? These type of energies feed off fear and any other negative emotion. So it's important for you and everyone that lives in the home to remain optimistic and try to have positive outlooks. I can just imagine by some of what you have shared how hard that must be. With your father and your sister, I'm sure it had not been easy for your mother or you and your siblings. Good luck with everything and I hope and pray you find some peace.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
Like Elnoraemily, I think night terrors could sum up what dreams you and your sister may be having. Which is also why I believe they categorized your story with sleep paralysis instead of demonic entity. I would suggest burning the sage or having a priest [or whomever high power in religion your mother believes in/would agree to] come to bless the house. What a blessing does is it gives the ghosts who are they that want to leave, a way to leave. I would start with the cleansing.
However if things progress then you have two options; A demon or mental illness. It sucks to say those are your two only options but from what I can gather, that's what it comes down to and both options suck. Maybe you could even consult a doctor for medicine for night terrors. Then you can either get help for your nightmares or find out if that is the problem itself or not. I know they have medicines for it, just not sure what exactly they do or not.
Be absolutely careful about going to get checked if you're mentally ill because once you've been officially diagnosed, even if it is wrong, then it kind of stays with you and you could end up on a wrong path. If your mother persists, don't be scared though. They are there to figure out what's up with you and help you, never to hurt you.
I do wish you and your family the best and good luck. I really hope it's not a demon whatsoever, it sounds like a scary and horrible situation.
Please keep us updated.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
It is very possible to scratch and injure yourself in your sleep, even at strange angles. It's indicative of disruptive and disturbed sleep.

Night terrors and textbook sleep paralysis are what I think (my personal opinion) you are experiencing in a large chunk of this. Sleep paralysis is when your body essentially is in a different state of consciousness than your brain- your brain is still stuck in a dream state. This causes you to see things that are not really there- basically, a conscious dream. Night terrors are horrible and I am sorry that you are experiencing it.

I am worried about your mental health. I know that your father has a mental illness and the onset can come on early. A lot of the time, these sorts of things end up to be hereditary.

I would urge you to go to a doctor and make sure that what you are experiencing is real. While you are a convinced that it is real, your family history is worrying. Please make sure that you get a mental health check up. You can also do a sleep study and they can monitor the sorts of dreams you are having (it's actually really cool). The earlier your mental health is taken care of, the better understanding you will have of it. While I hope this is not the case, it's always better to be safe than sorry.

If you are worried, I would suggest you do a blessing of your house that fits your personal beliefs (better safe than sorry).
Rachness (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
Holy guacamole! This is terrifying and I hope that whatever this is stops before it SERIOUSLY injures your sister or you. I wish I knew what you could do to make it stop but I don't. I just hope things get better rather than worse for you. I suggest doing a house cleansing by burning sage? I've heard it stops all kinds of paranormal. If you try it, and it doesn't succeed, ask your mum to bring in someone from her church? Someone who can bless your house? Thank you for sharing as well.

~Rach

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: