You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Heard my Name in the Most Awful Way

Real Ghost Stories

I Heard my Name in the Most Awful Way

 

I was about ten, and I used to live in a small town called Uvalde. It's a good place to rise kids I guess, nothing real major really happens there. I was with my friend Rigo on my front porch shooting water guns at the dark. We were playing the army stuff "die you evil monster" kind of thing. Well we must have struck a nerve. I went inside to refill my water gun and Rigo came about ten seconds after, so I ran outside as fast as I could so I could hide and wet him. I hid behind the fence that divided our houses with a huge pecan tree hiding the moonlight. As I saw him come outside, he turned away real fast as if someone called him and ran inside.

I looked at him through the glass door that we had, as I was walking up the sidewalk, and he started to come back outside so I took off to hide. As he was standing there I began to laugh because I knew that if he didn't find me he would go home and have to walk right passed me and I would wet him. Just then I heard my name in the most awful way that you could hear. It sounded like some kind of demon talking to me. I took off to the porch where Rigo was standing and he asked me if I had heard something? I said my name.

Just like two chickens we ran inside and told my sister and she looked outside as if there were someone there, so she could believe us. I closed the door and we talked about what happened, wondering if it was the BIG D calling us. As I was growing up we were always told if you weren't inside by a certain time, that he would come get you. And I tell you what, being a hispanic and having your grandmothers and aunts and uncles tell you stories about what happened to them, we have no choice to believe.

In the end we never spoke about it for fear that it might happen again. Could it have been IT? You tell me. I hope you enjoy

this story.

Other hauntings by theTRU1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, theTRU1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Chookie (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
I'm Hispanic and you know those stories are true. There are so many stories in our culture and we better believe it, otherwise you will find out the hard way.
Diaz-Barnes (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
Sorry but what does Big - D mean? The devil perhaps I'm not sure
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
The Paramafay (sp. Paramaffee) is said to be an evil spirit whose body is comprised of all the fettid rotting things of the swamp. It is both cruel and insatiable in its hunger for the flesh of children. Pretty nasty guy.
She138 (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
I've never heard of the Paramafay. Whats he supposed to be? I gotta look that one up!
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
The Cucuy! Man I haven't thought of the Cucuy in decades! I am not hispanic, I am cajun, but my best buddy was. The cajun folks used to tell their kids to come in before dark or the Paramafay would get them. My friend and I would get into long winded debates about which was worse- the Paramafay or the Cucuy! I don't think we ever settled it! Lol!
She138 (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
I can fully relate. Growing up, I rarely breathed at my abuelas house for fear that the "Cucuy" would bite my face off. O.O
twilight89 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
holy shiat! That happened to me once. Like my name was growled but it was from my basement and I always hear stuff like once a little girl whispering to someone then my friend and I were playin with the oijia (sp) board. We got nothing until I started calling the thing in my basment a pansy. Then I was growled at. Hahha I've had my name called many times and sometimes it sounds like someone needs help other times they person is just messing with me. Lol. I know this if of topic but has any seen a tall guy with a hat and he just stands there?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-28)
Hi Madison,
"It", if you were able to read through the story, is an interchangeable word for something that the author chooses not to name, as the author does not want it's return. To quote the story: "It sounded like some kind of demon talking to me... Wondering if it was the BIG D calling us" to answer you, some would name a demon The Big D, and others only reserve that name for the devil himself.

I need to point out to you that a bit of discretion may be in order when posting comments to peoples stories. There have been a few question-ables here lately (not on this one) that do not show you to be the mature individual you claim to be.
Please be cautious when calling authors names, and in your descriptive terminology. It would be greatly appreciated by ALL who read through the comments as well as the stories.

With deepest respect,
Whitebuffalo
Nightshade (40 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-28)
Please, tell me what "IT" means! 😭 I have no idea! Wait. Someone that's leaving the next comment has to tell me, PLEASE!
Carrotred (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
More information would be nice. It would help us come up with a better conclusion to aid you. And solve the mystery.

All the best - Carrotred
lilprincess (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
did your sister believe you about the thing? 😕
what does the demon sound like?

❤ ❤
lilprincess:-)
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
sorry this is going to sound really retarded but uh... What the hell is BIG D? Seriously have no idea lol.
ghostluver1523 (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-27)
I thnk that it wasn't the devil of the BIG D.Because if it was then it would of probably tried to kill you in some kind of way.That's just what I think. Thanks for sharing your story!:)



~~ Amy ~~
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
theTRU1,

Sounds like you may have struck a nerve. I would not be tempted to try it again.
theTRU1 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-02)
Well thanks for the comments I guess I really made whatever was there mad. So I guess there really isn't a answer for what I heard. Well I guess that's better than nothing. I would rather hear a small demon or something rather than the Big D!
Until next time.
Gummybear (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-11)
well first of all thanks for sharing, and yeah I have heard my name many times in different occasions and it is creepy especially when you are alone in the house! And just like you I try not to talk about so that it doesn't happen again... I was never able to figure out were it comes from but all I know it gives me the chils!
- gummy ❤
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Dear TRU1,

I will leave it up to you what you think you experienced. In my own belief, I do believe that there is a spectrum of light and in that spectrum there is light, dark and all other shades in between. Whether, it is a demon or the devil is up to the person and their own personal experiences, faith and beliefs. I have experienced all spectrums, and have found the stronger a person is within themselves and their belief, the more the dark will test one, but the more that it will also be put off and seek weaker, easier prey and darker deeds elsewhere.

Let your inner flashlight shine,
Dark or light,
Safe or in a bind,
Come what may,
You, my dear,
Will always find your way. --Abby
IamWAHID (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
tell you what TRU1,
demons and unseen entities have their certain place where they always hangout. So if they find some noisy kids disturbing them, they scare them away. Especially below or within the big trees are the places where they reside.
peace
IamWAHID
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
I personally am not one to give advise on the BIG D as I don't believe in him, I do believe there are evil lower level entities or demons for lack of a better term. Do I believe that one called out your name, I can not say, as I was not there. Only you and your friend know what you heard that night. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: