You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: White Owl And A Creeping Feeling All Around Me

Real Ghost Stories

White Owl And A Creeping Feeling All Around Me

 

Thanks for taking the time to read my experience. Ever since I can remember I have always noticed a white owl flying above me wherever I am early in the mornings before the sun has risen. Whether I was headed to school 10 years ago or when I am on my way to work now, there it is flying above me. I have heard that owls are often associated with a death that has or is about to happen.

Now this is where I will explain my creeping feeling. During these early hours before the sun has risen, I always feel as though I am being watched or followed.

The scariest moment of all was when I was 15, walking to school (I attended a school across town to be with friends so I had to leave about an hour early to walk to their closest bus stop). I would always walk the same way and take a short cut on some train tracks to save time. This particular morning, I was feeling a little bit more drained than usual but I left thinking it was just one of those mornings.

As I walked down my street I felt a creeping feeling. Once I turned down the lane of train tracks I turned around to confront what I felt sneaking up on me, I was knocked flat on my back by an unseen presence. I lay there for a minute or so stunned and noticed it had got increasingly cold around me (it was winter but Southern California doesn't get that cold). I looked around but saw nothing but the streets and train tracks but heard faint voices. The next thing I saw was the white owl flying over head and I felt relieved and the feeling of being watched left me. I still have no idea what had happened or what may have shoved me to the ground, but I still get that dread of whatever it was when I am walking from my house to my car at 4:30am every morning. I don't see the owl every morning anymore, but I do see it at least once every month.

Thanks for reading. I like to think the white owl is some form of animal protector or something. Anyone with insight to owls and spirits I would like to hear what you may think.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dstroberg, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-08-31)
Would it be possible that the owl may be your familiar? I don't know it just comes to mind especially that I don't know anything about it's symbolism to other culture.
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-31)
I am mexican and as far I know owls that fallow you or try to speak can often be witches and we call them letchuzas. I may self have had an experinace with one. It was an owl outside my house and it was screaming and trying to talk, my mother knew exactly what it was. She said a prayer and that thing left and never came back. I just hope it wasant a witch and it was something else.
good-ghosts (6 stories) (42 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-04)
I would like to add something. I am from India and a hindu by religion. We believe the white owl to be the carrier of goddess. It is thought to be really lucky to sight a white owl, as it is said that it brings good luck. So in my opinion, it should be your protector and feel good the next time you see it.
Regards!
dstroberg (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
Thanks for the insight and replies I will definitely do my research on owls and their symbolism! However, no one could have pushed me as I was alone all around me not a living soul in sight, it was about 5:45am. Otherwise I wouldn't have been so frightened 😲! Thanks again for reading my experience. I will post my other experience when I am near a computer as I am mobile currently
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
I was wondering the same thing as BadJuuJuu.

I also agree that owls are usually seen as symbols of wisdom, but I know a few Native American tribes see them as a symbol of death. I don't think that is the case here though. It seems that it is protector.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
As sushantkar said, I've frequently heard owls are associated with wisdom. I would suggest researching owls, not just their symbolism but also the living animal, traits, hunting behaviors, etc. They're fascinating birds, and by researching them you may come across something that clicks, and applies to your day to day life.
Getting knocked over, not to sound cynical but the greatest threat always comes from the living. Could some jerk have just pushed you down? Maybe not even to be aggressive, just some guy in too much of a hurry running into you?
francyne1031 (49 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
Wow, when I hear of a white owl I always think of that movie. Forth Kind I think it is... I would have definitely been creeped out also. I hope you weren't hurt when you fell? If it was me, I would try to think of this owl as a source of protection, due to you experience. Typically when we get older we loose some of the connection we had as children to the spirit world, for lack of a better term right now. So it's not surprising that you see this owl less the older you get. I'm glad you've only had one creep experience.:)
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-29)
Hello dstroberg! I am from India where seeing a white owl is symbols of wisdom. But in some culture, seeing an Owl is harbingers of doom and death or omens of impending disaster. You were knocked maybe due to tiredness or access thinking as you had mentioned that you was filling a little bit more drained than usual.
Although, thanks for the story, it was a nice read.

With regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: