You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Halloween Cat

Real Ghost Stories

The Halloween Cat

 

Today, as I'm typing this up, is October 3. This is twenty eight days before Halloween, which many of you ghost hunters are waiting for. Now... some of you, who believe in ghosts, but are not scared by Halloween, should listen to what I am about to say.

There is a ghost flying around my elementary school on Halloween. I told my fifth grade class three years ago about this boy who died near a house that was down the block from the school. He now walks around, not as a spirit, but as a black cat. In my elementary school, there is always, like a few days before Hallow's Eve, a Halloween party for the kids. When my friends and I went to the bathroom. We heard a meowing and scratching on the window. Next thing you know is that all the girls are running and screaming out of the bathroom, except me. I have been believing in ghosts since 2003. That was when this huge black out happened and I saw something, but that's a totally different story.

I was kind of freaked out because I made the whole story about the boy dying all up. Before I left the bathroom, something strange happened. I walked out, and the next thing I knew was that I was in the hallway near the front entrance. I don't really know how I got there, because I was right in front of the bathroom door. My friend ran outside and asked if I was feeling better. This is how our conversation went:

Friend: "Are you ok Alyssa, you were acting totally weird a couple of minutes ago..."

Me: "I was?"

Friend: "Yeah, you were screaming and chasing us around the gym..."

Me: "I was?"

I was shocked. I didn't remember anything. I think that ghost boy got into my body and took revenge on me for telling his story.

Now I'm telling you this story because I don't want it to happen again. You see, in my middle school, there's this thing called "National Junior Honors Society". Which is a thing in my school that puts all smart kids to volunteering work. I volunteered, today, to work at that same party at my elementary school. I'm a little scared because what if that whole thing, with the ghost kid, happens again. Would it? Could it? Would he remember me? Is he still there? I really need some advice. Help me. Please.

Other hauntings by TryToFigureItAllOut

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TryToFigureItAllOut, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Hi GhostTalker,
With all due respect to your story, I'm not saying I believe it or don't, what I am saying is that you shouldn't have made a story like that up, and second the ghost that was in your school was probably from something else, and as for the black cat, it could have been a stray or someone's pet that lived around the school. But in a way this would be a good story to share on Halloween, but just not the one about the little boy.
Thanks for sharing your story though. 😊
dia (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-13)
I would have found this story difficult to believe, except I've seen things like this happen before a few times. In one, a young man made up a tale that a local graveyard was haunted by a ghost in bat form. He took a few friends out to see the haunted site and told the tale there, adding that the ghost liked to follow people home and fly around their rooms after the lights were off.

Unfortunately, some spirit/ghost heard him and acted out the story at the young mans house. It was seen by the young man, his little sister and their mother. While I don't recall any ceremonies being performed, and the household was not really religious, the phenomena stopped after about a week. Personally, I think the spirit decided the young man had learned his lesson but a friend of mine is convinced that the spirit was mischievous and, when bored, wandered off to something more fun.

From what I've read in the story and in the comments by the author, seems to be a similar situation.
El (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
Well, I think a fiction site would be cool, as I am a professional writer and I write non-sensationalist, realistic pieces inspired by the many stories I have read. But I must agree with Martin, anything of that nature on this site would muddy the waters. Thanks to GhostTalker13 for further explanation.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Dear GhostTalker13,

I commend you for stepping up to the plate of debate. That in itself shows character and taking a mature stance. You must also be mature enough to understand that in life not everyone will always agree with what you say, and that is where a person's maturity will really have to step up to the plate of debate. This is also a test of faith and character of where you stand in your own truth. This is the opportunity to show others who you are by the way you react and respond, by being your true self. It does not matter if someone does not think you have told your own truth. What honestly matter's is that you did tell your truth and that you "know" in your deepest soul that you told your own truth!

As for my "younger fans and young ladies and gentlemen" remarks, to me anyone in their 40's plus is young. I too babysat when I was young for free, 10 cents to a quarter (25 cents, if lucky) an hour, and many of these young ladies and gentlemen I call young and babysat, are now mom's and dad's with children of their own and most have also been babysitters too.

Your comment and points are well taken. Thank you again for responding to all of us who commented.

So, it doesn't matter much what I say, as much as it matters and is important that you believe in yourself and in your own truth, life experiences and personal stories.

Thank You, :) --Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Ghosttalker13, I am glad to see that you have come to your own defense. I am also glad to see that you are doing so in a mature manner. Though your story is difficult to believe, it is your story none the less. Only you know what happened or didn't happen.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
GhostTalker13 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Ugh...ok, there are many things...ummm...what should I start with...ok...got it!

I know this story is hard to believe, but, it's that kind of you-would-understand-if-you-were-there thing. This happened 3 years ago.

To answer Bellisima... No one told me that a teacher or parent stopped me, and if I ask any of my friends now if someone did, they wouldn't remember (just to tell you, my friends are a little crazy and idiotic!)

Yes, Abby, if I do see this "Ghost" again... I will try to talk with him.

I'm not trying to kid around, I'm very serious about this whole expierence and website. I can't just make this up off the bat. And yes, it mayb sound like my friends playing a prank or just a made up Halloween story, but it's a ghostly expierence that I wanted to share.

I am young for this site, but very mature. I'm so mature that I babysit a kid down the block that is the same age as me! I'm 13 going on 14 and I am apauled at this comment about me as a young reader. There's kids on this site that are 10. 10! You don't see them complaining!

I just wanted to get that off my chest. But thank you anyway for the comments... I guess... 😕
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
I have no comment on this poster's story because it's evident she is very young and must be forgiven for an over-active imagination.

however, I do want to comment on Martin's post. I whole-heartedly agree that I view this site as more of a support group or arena for serious discussion on occurrences seemingly outside the sphere of contemporary scientific explanation. I don't need whimsical stories from wiccans about black cats and spells for keeping demons away. Personally, I want legitimate relays of factual encounters with enigmatic forces. Just the facts, please, and refrain from all the "i bet it was my dead dog coming back to play with me, but I can't remember what he looked like and I'm not sure this even really happened, maybe I just miss him, bye!" stuff.
hubcap101278 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
yea,I have to agree with everyone else, this one's a little hard to belive, cause at first he's a flying ghost, then hes a cat, I don't know, Thanks for sharing though, Hubs
IamWAHID (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
hey ghostalker,
as far as I know "ghosts" get a chance to possess humans in these cases:
1) when humans are very angry,
2) when humans get horny,
3) when humans are unclean.
so make sure to check this as far as I can advice you from the knowledge I have.
Peace,
IamWAHID
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Dear Martin (GhostTalker13, please pardon my intrusion),

I read you loud and clear, and totally understand what you are saying. I think many younger fans (no offense) who frequent these sites, want within their heart of hearts to fit in and their stories shall we say become a bit more than--. Although, there are those people who do believe they are vampires. I don't know, I've dated a few Frankensteins, and I could have been a bride of one or at least many might think I am. ;) Like you, I am more of a non-fiction devotee when it comes to this paranormal realm. Near death experiences, UFO, and so forth would be sister sites to consider. :) Thanks for responding.

I shall await GhostTalker13's reply to the debate. :) --Abby
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Abby, to be honest, I'm not that interested in fiction, even though I realize the demand is there from people and I could possibly greatly increase the traffic for this site that way (or make a new one altogether). I've never wanted a "literature" site, I wanted a real experience site and having a "folklore" section, as other sites do, would just muddy the waters too much, in my opinion.

Real life paranormal experiences are fascinating enough, I just don't see the point of reading made up stuff. I see more these sites as "support groups" for people experiencing the invisible world in one way or another, for beginners and experienced, than entertainment destinations, especially when our current society doesn't provide these things.

For example, if there was another new sister site, it'd probably be more about, for example, near death experiences, or UFO experiences, than say, horror legends like Dracula or Frankenstein. The focus is on real, but uncommon, experiences that provide a new look into our world. I'm not that into scary stuff for the sake of amusement.

I agree I had many doubts about this story, but I let the author's current strong profile (past stories and apparent medium abilities) swing in her favor. But you're all free to voice your skepticism, and I hope the author will defend her case. It lends credibility to this community when people use critical thinking and don't give crazy stories a pass too easily. There's nothing I wouldn't want more for this site than have a multitude of credible, rational, educated ghost hunters, like in the TAPS show, instead of say the show "Most Haunted" which seems to go for a more sensationalist approach for the masses.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Dear GhostTalker13,

If it was me I would trust my parents or an adult mentor enough to have shared this story and my fears with them. They could answer your questions posed here, as well as alleviate and calm your fears.

Since you were not aware of it or rather, out of it, maybe your friends were having a joke at your expense. I certainly hope you were not having a joke at our expense.

I know very bright and smart young ladies and gentlemen like to write and sometimes, the writing itself can take on a ghostly life of its own and can get carried away and embellished to an extreme (like this sentence).

Since, it is Halloween and maybe also for all those who like to write fictional tales, a fiction ghost story section or sister site might be considered Martin? It might help all new to seasoned writers with fictional writing gifts of grimly, ghostly tales in the style of Edgar Poe or Stephan King find a venue to show off their best ghostly, fictional writing wares and tales. Just a thought.

GhostTalker13, your name indicates you speak to ghosts, why not talk to the poor fellow? --Abby
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Sorry GhostTalker13, I have to agree with Shane. Also, why were your friends the only ones who noticed you running around screaming? I think everyone would notice that. It seems a teacher would have stopped you and settled you down before you went too far into it, at the very least called your parents. Shane, maybe this is one of the Halloween stories that Martin tries to weed out as just a story for this time of year? Maybe he missed this one. 😉
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Sorry GhostTalker13 🤔 I find this one a little hard to believe. You admit to making up one story and then suddenly you have the spirit of a dead boy from a made up story possessing your body. Makes it seem a little far fetched in my opinion. Thanks for the story though.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: