You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Every October

Real Ghost Stories

Every October

 

Every single house I have ever lived in has had a spirit or two hanging around; I've told my mom that I'm convinced they follow us. We have weird things happen all the time including doors opening, tapping sounds, footsteps, and other typical "haunting" occurrences.

What happened two years ago was incredibly terrifying to me, even though I think one of our ghosts was just trying to get a laugh (I'm convinced it's a relative or friend of ours that has passed on... Just can't figure out who!).

It was around 11:30pm and everyone in my house was sleeping. I woke up to what sounded like screaming coming from the hallway outside my door. I jumped out of bed thinking something happened to my mom. When I got into the hallway all my family (mom, stepdad, and my two younger brothers) were standing around our staircase terrified because one of our scary witch Halloween decorations had turned on by itself - it was cackling and absolutely SCARY in the middle of the night! My mom was screaming for someone to turn it off but none of us would go near it. When it shut off by itself, we all looked at each other and we were already scared when suddenly something pounded so loud on the floor that we all screamed and ran into my mom's bedroom. It sounded like someone had thrown a dictionary as hard as they could on the floor, the thud was so loud.

I was 22 years old and I slept in my mother's bedroom that night. In the morning we checked the witch decoration and it had been turned off... There would have been no way for it to go off. My mom threw it outside and wouldn't let it come back into the house.

Last October, doors were opening and closing on their own, voices, and just that feeling of being watched everywhere in the house. Both my mom and I have psychic abilities (her moreso than I...I can only tell if a spirit is around and I get weird feelings sometimes that come true, but nothing else) and sometimes I'll just get a feeling and look at her and we'll both say "There's someone here".

This month things are starting to go missing, we're hearing a lot of footsteps coming from my room upstairs when we're in the living room, and our dogs have been staring at nothing and growling. There has been a major increase in activity this month that we can't explain. Things feel weird in the house, but not bad. Just feels like there are more than just one or two spirits around us. I don't know if they're family (although I've been told by two separate mediums that the ghost in my room is my dad's father who passed away before I was born. Supposedly he hangs around me because I'm the only one that notices that he's there) but we don't know who else is around. It doesn't feel mean or angry... Just a little overwhelming.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I have so many more stories to tell from being little and seeing things, hearing things, and whatnot, but I'll post those later. How can I tell who these spirits are?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cruzie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
I had a talking Elmo as a child that would turn itself on -I never liked Elmo since.
It ended up being a wiring issue. That does not explain the reason you heard the footsteps though, or the repeat activity.

Very interesting experience, thanks for sharing.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
cruzie- I think some times if a house has residential spirits that are normally passive, they are capable of having a bad day/night. In addition, I've experienced a mean one show up out of the blue. My story "The Big One" describes how down right mean they can get. It was one that wasn't there or was laying low and then BAM!
Thanks for sharing. Will be waiting for your next!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: