You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Taps And Glares

Real Ghost Stories

Taps And Glares

 

2006, My first house. It was a beautiful blue house with lots of land surrounding it. There was nothing wrong with it, except the graveyard near by. Since my village is in Italy and older than America, some of the deaths here go back from a long time.

2010, I loved my house, I wanted to stay here my whole life. I was an inside person, so I usually stayed inside all day. Nothing bad ever happened, nor anything suspicious. Some new funerals were held at the graveyard, and no, that didn't bother me, but one night changed this peace into something I'd never imagine.

So, It was a normal night, I brushed my teeth, got in my pajamas, and got ready for bed. I read my book for about an hour and then lay down silently. After about 30 minutes I was drifting off until I heard this tapping the wall next to me. I just lay there with wide eyes in fear. The taps carried on for a long time, but then suddenly stopped and then there was a horrifying dead silence. After laying there for a while I thought I'd be okay, and it was probably my crazy cats... But how could they be in the wall? I just shrugged it off and fell asleep.

When I woke up in the morning, something felt uneasy in my stomach, like someone was watching me. I just walked out of my room, thinking it was just me, but it got worse. I couldn't bear it anymore and sat outside reading my book most of the day, I sort of felt better out there, but I still felt like I was being watched.

Today, Every night I hear the tapping. Every day I feel like I'm being watched, even with the curtains closed. This has been going on for a long time now, and I never really told anyone. It's hard to get enough sleep and I am too scared to be inside during the day, so even if it's freezing outside I still read out there.

Any suggestions? I don't know what it is or how it got here. I really need help. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Italy

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DUDEIMTHEKINGS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DUDEIMTHEKINGS (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
Thank you Aggers, Wish-Not, and notjustme. You all really help. I do pray every single night. I'll do my best and take your advice Aggers, by telling the spirit that I know that he/she is there 😁
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
I agree with Aggers. Bad things feed off fear. Also before you sleep, try a simple prayer to what ever gives you strength. When I get weary in bed, I start to imagine a ball of light in my head until everything is white, that helps me. Best of luck.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
DUDEIMTHEKINGS- I'm going to kind of go a different direction on this. Maybe misinterpreting the tapping and by doing that has you on edge.
What if,... What if there was an logical explanation for the tapping. What if your house has finally reached the age that it is going to make sounds for various reasons. Weather conditions, the simple rise and setting of the sun. My point is IF there is a logical reason for the tapping, maybe you yourself are causing you to feel the way you do.
What if...
Thanks for sharing.
Aggers (2 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
It doesn't sound like a nasty spirit.
Ofcourse you'd be scared of something you can't see and don't know, just like you would be when a dodgy looking person is walking the same way as you on the street during the night.

They probably want to be acknowledged, just say "I know you're here, if you want to stay here don't cause me any trouble and I will do the same." Usually works, but don't be scared when you say it!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: