You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Boy In The Tree

Real Ghost Stories

Boy In The Tree

 

I have many ghost stories to tell, so I'll start with the first one.

This is the story of the time I saw the boy in the tree.

I was about 8 years old, and my family took a trip from Texas to Mexico to visit my Grandpa. He lived with the housekeeper in the slums of Mexico.

The days visiting were fun as a child until I woke up in the middle of the night on my cot "bed." I was kind of scared because it was dark in the cold cement house, but I had the need to find my older brother about age 15 hanging out with his cool cousin around the corner. I looked up to my brother, and I wanted to go find him to hang out with him. I walk through the 1 hallway to the front door and walk outside. I'm standing on the sidewalk, and there is a road that runs left to right, and I remembered my brother would always hang out on the left corner with my cousin and his friends.

So I look to the left down the road, and I don't see my brother there. Its really quiet and no one is out tonight and it is very dark, only the corner lamppost has light. I look to the right in front of my grandpa's house where a small tree is on the sidewalk that has no leaves. I see a glowing white young boy maybe 4 or 5 sitting on the tree branch with one of his legs hanging, and hes playing with a yo-yo. He doesn't look at me but is still playing with his yo-yo when I run back into my grandpa's house to the room I was sleeping in earlier. Its late and everyone is asleep, so I laid down on my cot and went to bed. The freaky thing is that I slept by the window where just outside is the small tree.

The next morning, I tell my mom what I saw, who then tells my dad. My dad tells me that a boy died when he was playing with his yoyo, and fell off on the sidewalk.

Other hauntings by stewieguy

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stewieguy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

stewieguy (3 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
Hello, thanks for reading, it was a quick encounter with a ghost, so the story isn't longer. It is sad that the boy died so young. I do want to go back to see if I can see him again, I think he was trying to tell me something. That area around my grandpas house was haunted to say the least. I had 3 encounters around that house, Ill post the other stories soon:)

Replying to sushantkar. I don't remember getting sick after seeing the boy thank goodness.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
Great story. Though I would have been very scared because ghosts + trees don't mix for me. I guess growing up watching movies and being told by elders that ghosts reside in trees, I don't like to look up trees at night, especially in Asia. Thanks for sharing.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
stewieguy- Wow, I bet that would have been something to witness as an adult much less as a child.

Will be waiting on the next one. Thanks for sharing.
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
Woah this is scary dude maybe the kid only wished to keep playing even after death.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-31)
Hello stewieguy! I fill sorry for that little kid. May his soul rest in peace. My uncle when he was in his collage years had similar sort of an experience. While coming from a bachelor party very late in the night, he saw a little girl child playing on sand. My uncle was on bike, he stopped his bike so that he could query about her parents. But as soon as he approaches near to that child, she stretched her hand long, grabbed a nearing branch and vanished into the dark.
My uncle was very terrified seeing all that. He suffered from high fever in the forthcoming days and get rid of his fever only after he blessed from a priest of a nearby temple.
So, thanks for the story it was a brilliant one.

With best regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: