You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ongoing Events, Strange Smells, And Noises

Real Ghost Stories

Ongoing Events, Strange Smells, And Noises

 

Its been a while since I submitted an update to the events going on in my house, part of it may have just been I've been so busy with having two children under the age of 3 in the house, and everything being so busy.

I'm still living in the same house my previous posts focused on. For details, you could probably look up my previous posts. In brief, I moved into this house approximately 5 or 6 years ago. Since then, there have been strange noises in the house, occasional shadows darting about, doors opening and closing. I tend to have very vivid dreams. Guests at my house hear all kinds of noises and feel like they are being watched. Much of the advice provided was to get a psychic to walk the house, and bless the house. In terms of psychics, I couldn't find a reliable one, you know, one that isn't doing something like palm reading. Also part of the problem is that I'm not quite sure how to find a really good one, and am afraid to get wrong information, or tell me there is nothing going on, when I and my family know there is something going on. I had the house blessed by a Catholic priest, the activity ceased for some time, and picked back up. I took it upon myself to bless the house with blessed incense (the same stuff used in funerals), holy water, prayers, and calling out what was in the house to leave, at times talking, and at other times commanding it in the name of Jesus Christ. I felt like I was chasing a heaviness from the upstairs, down to the basement. I went to every room, and as I would leave the room, I would open the blinds to let sunlight in and brighten the room. I got down to the basement. The only way I could describe the feeling is like having someone sitting on my chest, or being unwanted in a party. I continued with the incense and holy water, blessed everything. As I finished, there was a huge sense of relief, I didn't feel the pressure on my chest or feel like being watched.

All was great for a year and a half, our second son was born, everyone was happy, I got a great job, I was on top of the world. Out of no where, one of my son's battery operated toys started to play music without anyone being around it, at around 11 pm. It was a thomas the train book, the song started, and when I came near it, it stopped. I checked the batteries, checked the buttons, nothing. I thought it was a glitch, until it happened to another toy the next day. Same thing, checked the buttons, battery, nothing. I started to worry if this was it starting up again. Thought nothing of it until it happened again, at this time, I got a whiff of the incense I used to bless the house, and I knew for sure, what ever it was, it was telling me it was back, almost mocking me. The incense was as strong as the day I blessed the house, my wife came down and even stated it smelled like church during a funeral.

I'm a dad, husband, brother, friend, and self proclaimed type A personality. I got the sense that what ever this is, isn't friendly at all. I started to quietly gather data on events, subtly asked my mom, who babysits the kids all day at our house, if she has heard anything, and she told me things were quiet for a long time, then music would start up. She couldn't tell you if it came from a toy, but it sounded like it was coming from thin air, when she would pursue the music, it would stop. She described it as like someone talking on the phone, with the person on the other end talking loudly in the distance. Had multiple accounts like this, foot steps, doors that were closed are open. Things would disappear or would not be in the same place where you would leave them in the evening. Basically, all the activity from before, restarted.

I'm very Catholic, I'm a firm believer in heaven, hell, angels, saints, demons, etc. I felt, and still feel our faith has protected us from this thing ruining our lives or harming us if it is intent on doing so. The most recent events have prompted me to confide events in those around me to possibly find a solution.

Approximately 1 month ago, I was on my lap top, watching tv in a lighted room. I admit, I was tired, but very much awake. I saw a dark shadow in the shape of a ball around 2 feet off the ground kind of walk in front of me. It didn't have a shape, was cicular, but had the same movement as someone walking. Prior to this, I would occasionally see a shadow dart in the corner of my eye, even one time for a split second, saw what I thought was the shadow of a kid in front of me. This was protracted, I even blinked, it was still there walking slowly about approximately 10 feet in front of me. After this happened, I had the greatest sense of tiredness I've ever felt. I can't explain how tired I got so quickly. I had no desire or energy to do much, just laid on the couch and fell asleep. Woke up the next morning, and was ok.

A few days went by, and my wife and I both noticed a smell of rotting flesh in the sun room in our house. My wife and I chased the smell all over, and couldn't pinpoint its location. As quick as it would come, it would go away. I traced it to an area once in the sun room, even took apart the wall to look for a dead something, but nothing. I opened up the heating vent and found nothing. As mysteriously as it appeared, it disappeared.

This past weekend, I was watching a program on the paranormal discussing the Quija board and a certain entity/demon that has been known to be contacted through the board. I've never used one of these, and feel they open doors that you don't want to. Through out this whole hour of the program, the noises went nuts. The foot steps, the toys starting up. I mean it wasn't continuous, but every 5 or 6 minutes, a new noise would appear. It wasn't windy outside, and there was no explanation. Once the show ended, it all stopped.

These are just a few of many events. The thing that frightens me is, I think, deep down inside, I have some psychic abilities. I don't know how to test for sure, but I can sense people, I am a great judge of character/ulterior motives, etc. I sometimes get these horrifying visions in my head of things happening to my family that aren't me. I immediately shut them out. For instance, I was holding my 11 month old at the top of the stairs, and carrying him down. Something in the back of my head told me 'It would suck for you to fall while holding him!' I've had very vivid dreams of my family being harmed, bloody, or dead, some of these dreams, I've woken up crying. They seemed so real.

I also feel my wife may be involved somehow, as well. I can't tell you how many times, I have gotten yelled at for stupid things. I used to chalk this up to PMS, but I can't tell you how many times I get yelled at for this or that, and how many apologies I've heard when she's driving to work. Its just not her character to blow up like this.

I don't know what to do anymore, I pray my faith in God will get us through this. I do feel its a test of some sort, I feel like I'm the protector of my family, and will continue to do so. While at times, this entity has manifested itself as a child, I don't trust it at all. It even gives me goose bumps to type this out. I'm seriously considering doing some EVPs in the house, but I don't want an open dialogue between me and the entity.

Other hauntings by mark

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mark, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
Mark,
I agree with Winipu4. Rooks' guidelines are very good and very effective. I have done something similer to his guidelines. I am a buddhist and asian. Playing a tape of your favourite prayers every morning and night will help you. Us, the buddhistes do it in my country. Also I hope you don't have any rooms in your house that rearly used, always locked and hardly get any sun light. Dark, locked rooms are good invitation for spirits to live. If you have any religious item or items, please have them blessed by a prist first. If not blessed they are not very affective or useless. Blessing your house might not be very affective. Cleansing the house will work. There are different ways to do it. But I suggest use rooks' way. It is affective. After doing it if you see yourself in a very detailed dream searching any part of your house, that will mean your house is safe. But don't get your hopes up because after or getting closer to one year time things will start to happen again so you have to do cleansing once a year. These protections does not last very long.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-03)
Hi, Mark:

I was also raised Catholic, but was also exposed to Spiritualism by relatives. Those seeking to become mediums in this faith must be educated in it, give many readings and be tested before becoming ministers that are allowed to charge fees. I am not saying that there aren't truly talented independent psychics/sensitives out there. I am simply saying if I were in an unknown area in need of these services I would consult a reputable organization with a schooling & training process. IF I were in your shoes, I would call a local Spiritualist church:
Https://www.nsac.org/churches.php
This being said, there are some mediums that are better than others:)
You could research the web, call them & ask, or go to their services to find one you like. They do give free random short readings at the end of each service to demonstrate "the continuity of life".
I am not advocating the faith; I am just giving advice based upon my personal experience.
There is also a member here named Rookdygin, that has a great home cleansing which many others have used with success:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

You can find the Rook's directions under "About Me".
If you have time, read Rook's comments & the stories they are associated with since many involve the cleansing method. They may give you greater insight; definitely good case studies and perhaps things to do & not do.
Also being raised Catholic & being sensitive, I always pray at night for God's protection for myself, all my loved ones and over my home. I envision a white light coming down and spreading over us all like a shield. I also call upon the Archangel Michael. If you still believe these things, they cannot hurt.
As for your wife; perhaps the pressures of being a mother, taking care of the family & home, combined with events beyond her control might just make a woman a little moodier. I can tell you firsthand we are emotional beings & myself being from Italian ancestry...well, you get the picture;)
It's probably best not to react; we normally find our way back to apologizing.
With children in the home, I absolutely understand your need to protect your family & cleanse your home once and for all. The rotting smell is a very bad sign if it was not something organic like a dead mouse which couldn't be located.
Have you checked into the history of your property?
The history of the land prior to the home being built may be relative.
I wish you & your family the best of luck and many blessings.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-03)
mark- Well that's a lot of stuff going on. I think you are correct in keeping your faith and standing strong.
Have you considered having the house Blessed again? Even IF you have to keep doing it over and over.
Good Luck. Keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: