You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It Looked Like Me

Real Ghost Stories

It Looked Like Me

 

It was after midnight sometime and everyone was sleeping in their rooms with their doors closed and all of the lights where off except for my room and the bathroom. If you were coming from the living room; the bathroom was the first door on the right, followed by a closet, my parents room, straight shot down the hall was my room, and on the left was my brothers bedroom.

I was bored so I went to my dresser to play with my hair and experiment with make-up. My dresser was right next the my bedroom door which was open so I could see straight down the hall. As I was looking in the mirror and putting on make-up, I noticed a movement on the side of my eye so glanced down the hall and like in slow motion, I see these beat up old boots; a long, old time skirt, and a button up shirt. Then, I get to the face and I see this girl that looks like me, but in old time clothes. She was light skinned and had long black hair and she was standing by the bathroom, looking back towards the living room and as she glanced toward me, I quickly turn around toward the mirror and act like I didn't even notice her.

For some reason I wasn't scared because it looked like me. I was calm, but probably due to me being more in shock then anything else. I felt it looking at me so I acted like I was done putting my make-up on and stood up and walked out of sight of the door and hallway. That's when I freaked, I started praying and just stood there and waited for it come down the hall and into my room, but there was nothing so thinking maybe it could have been my sister and because it seemed so real I decide to walk down the hall way and look into the bathroom and the living room. Nothing! No one! The only thing that I can come up with was that I caught glimpse of a past life or it was a doppelganger playing a trick on me. Either way it was freaky and life altering.

Other hauntings by Lady_Bug81

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lady_Bug81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-03)
Lady_Bug81- Wow that was super freaky! Gave me goose bumps! Sure wish I had some words of encouragement or answers. I'm kind of at a loss of words.
Doppelganger maybe, past ancestor maybe, don't have a clue absolutely.
Keep us updated on anymore occurrences.
Arwen1957 (7 stories) (47 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-02)
Do you live in an old family home? Has the land your home is on been in your family long? If so maybe it is an ancestor who looks much like you
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-01)
Hi Lady_Bug81! I think whatever you had seen could be refer to Doppelganger. It is a look-alike or double of a living person who is sometimes referred to bad luck and in some culture to death.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: