You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Crouched Under The Desk

Real Ghost Stories

Crouched Under The Desk

 

I'm not real sure what my age was, I'm guessing I was about 4 years old. I lived in the house I grew up in, my parents still live there. I really don't think it was haunted, as I have had an experience or two in a lot of the houses I've lived in. I'm no medium, I'm not super in touch with the supernatural, but I have had enough happen to me to know its REAL. And I do believe some of us have an easier time seeing supernatural occurences than others.

Anyway, I must have been about 4 years old, I am now 38, and I still remember this pretty fresh and I'm sure I always will. I had a dream, well more of a nightmare. While I slept I watched a man slaughter my entire family, and in the most inhumane ways imaginable. I awoke so scared, and when I looked across my bedroom, the man from my dream was in my bedroom. He was crouched under my desk and he was holding a knife.

I remember being so scared I couldn't move, I also couldn't look back in the direction of the desk. I can remember thinking if he seen me see him he would get me. I laid there for what seemed like forever. Scared to death I took a peek over to my desk and he was still there. I finally ran out of my room and across the hall into my mother and fathers room. Years later my mother was joking with me about the bad man under my desk. I still don't find it very funny.

Through out my life I have thought about this dream, ghost, or left over dream fragment? I'm not sure what it was. But I'm happy it has never happened again.

Thanks to all of you that read my story. I have a hand full more to share. Some quick, some a little longer.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Seek, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Seek (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-07)
Thanks all for your feedback. I have never again had an experience like that one again. I'm sure you are probably right about it being a dream fragment. But it still creeps me out from time to time, even though its been over 30 years.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-03)
I agree with BJJ. During vivid dreams, especially nightmares, your brain dumps adrenaline and other hormones as a natural response. Upon waking up, it can take a few seconds for your brain to reconfigure to what it's actually seeing.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-01)
To Seeks- Dreams are a reflection of subconscious worries and concerns, or a "working out" of stressors you are feeling. Gotta agree with BadJuuJuu too that it might be a figment of nightmare.

Regards
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2014-11-01)
To be honest, I think it was just a little figment of nightmare left over. Really vivid dreams can be hard to shake off, and I think that's what you experienced. This doesn't seem paranormal, just a really bad nightmare.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: