You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: The Man In The Hall Is Back With Something Else

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Hall Is Back With Something Else

 

If you read my story "The Figure, the Touches, and the Door Lock," "The Man" in this story is same as "The Figure" in the other story. I'm calling him a man now because the figure clearly represents a man, it's not a woman so why not call it a man.

So had been a few weeks since I last saw this man, but last night it returned, but it was a bit different. I'm beginning to think my hallway is haunted, which is kind of weird. I'm starting to close my door in the evenings just enough so I can't see out of it. Before I explain the main part, I must tell you around 4:00 pm that same day I went out of my room to go to the bathroom and I looked over at the stairs and light from a window downstairs casts light up the stairs and I saw a shadow like some one was coming up the stairs and no one was there. When I came out of the bathroom the shadow was gone, and nobody else was upstairs.

When I went to bed nothing unusual happened. I usually read a book to help fall asleep. But I read with my light off and use the moonlight and the outside light that comes one to read. (I know it's not good to read in the dark but I've been doing it for years and last I knew I had 20/20 eyesight). Nothing happened until the outside light just went out. The power didn't go out because I could see streetlight a on in the distance and my dad's muted tv was still on. When I looked at the light outside, it was actually still kind of on but it was really dim, lost not light was given off.

After a few minutes the light came back on. Then I saw part of the shadow that looked like a man out side my door and I kept seeing him again. And several times I saw a head peek into my room like I explained in the other story. But then I saw the edge of a white thing at the other end of my bed and right out side my door. But I could never see the full thing.

I then felt something lift off my foot but under my blanket and there was nothing there. And for the first time I was getting this scary feeling that I never felt when this happened before. It made me want to goo pee for some reason, and I felt the "being watched" feeling, and I don't like that feeling.

I finally this time around started to tell it to stop, and I stomped my foot against the other side if the bed, I told it to go away, I told it it didn't belong here. But it didn't stop and it keep happening I eventually got cold and felt goosebumps. I was seeing way more than the man this time around and more things were happening as I explained earlier. Also at the end of my bed I keep seeing something try to peak up over my bed at me and it just keep happening, then for some reason I keep thinking there was something in my room but there was nothing I could see except for the man that keep appearing outside my door. I got up once to use the bathroom, and I don't like the hallway anymore even though it's small so I try not pay attention to anything but the bathroom door. When I came out, and was going in my room and I looked at the corner of my hallway and it was darker than other parts and it didn't seem right, I didn't like it. I just got back into bed and tried not to think about it.

Stuff did keep happening after that but I don't remember much else because I feel asleep soon after.

What in the world is happening?, I don't like it, and it doesn't listen to me, it seems like it's trying to torment me, I'm not getting nightmares or anything from it and I'm glad because I'm afraid if I do, I will wake up with sleep paralysis. I never have before but I don't want to have that happen. What am I supposed to do? I have not told anyone else in my house about. I thinking about asking my dad about it and telling what's happening. Can someone help explain this stuff, and give me some information, suggestions, anything? Please.

Thanks for reading my experience, comments and opinions, etc are respected and appreciated.

Other hauntings by Sam222

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sam222, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
Hey guys! I thought I'd make a quick stop here to share some good news.
I think I have finally gotten the shadow man (and other shadows) to leave my presence/ my home. I only saw one thing this vacation and it was the peeking head and that was at thievery beginning of vacation 2 weeks ago, and I haven't seen them since, I believe that I have gotten rid of them and I am happy, I will be happy to share how I did it and how I am still doing, which I WILL tell everyone in later post, I just really busy right know and I want to thank the people on this website for helping figure out how to do it. By reading peoples comments in my various stories I have developed my own way of getting rid of them and it is working, thank you all, I really appreciate it.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-03)
Badjuju,
Yeah if all my stories happened pretty recently, and close together, including the experiences yet to be submitted, I would so terrified, and I would feel like something was trying to kill me from fear, and I would hide for my life. But I'm glad I'm not harassed and followed, and hurt by paranormal. Though I do have stuff like this happen often but I'm not saying (and I know it isn't) all paranormal. The last thing that happened was 4 nights ago I was laying in bed reading something on a piece of paper and the corner started flapping by itself and there was no wind. Out of all my experieces that I remeber there is one Experiance that I know is one hundred percent paranormal, and it's the only time I can say that I actually saw a spirit or a ghost whatever it was and it was my dead grandfather I'm pretty sure. I've hand written that experience I just haven't had the time to type that one yet.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-03)
Ah, ok. I thought it was all recent stuff, but getting a few years of experiences of your chest would take several submissions. Thanks for the correction.
Hope you have that chat with your dad soon. A face to face support system is incredible to have, I don't know what I'd do without mine.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-03)
Bad JuJu,
You have gotten a lot of storys from me in short period of time, but all these stories are between like 3 years I'm just very eager to share them I'm taking a brek for a bit, but I do have several more experiences.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
9 years ago (2014-11-01)
I think having an honest talk with your dad about your experiences is a very good idea, and I think you should do it at the earliest opportunity.
I also think we've gotten a lot of stories from you in a short period of time. I've read them all, published a few of them, and in my honest opinion it seems like some of your experiences may be the result of suggestion/overactive imagination. It can be easy, once we come to believe in the paranormal, to attribute everything to the paranormal. Its a trap all of us believers have fallen into at some point. Its normal, but it isn't a good mindset.
One thing I tell people is to debunk everything. Try to find a non-paranormal solution for all apparently paranormal events. You may just surprise yourself by finding some mundane (yet interesting) causes for events.
Another thing I find myself saying often is to pursue other interests. Obviously you're interested in the paranormal or you wouldn't be here, but you have to maintain your other interests as well. Sports, art, stamp collecting, whatever you're into, go do that and shove the paranormal to the back burner for awhile. When you focus too much on the paranormal, its easy for suggestion to take hold.
I'm not saying I don't think you have experienced the paranormal, some of your experiences seem genuinely odd. I'm just saying don't let those experiences influence your perceptions.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: