You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Fiance's Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Fiance's Experiences

 

My fiance grew up in a house his parents built. It was on old ranch land in the local Bosque (wooded area near a river). It was a huge house- five bedrooms upstairs, a huge dining and living area downstairs. It was all tile floors with high ceilings, so sound spread easily through the house.

His older brother and he would often say that when they were younger, they would see shadows passing by the windows at night. These shadows would never activate the motion lights on their patio, but they would be dense enough to differentiate between them and the darkness behind them. Whenever they went to investigate, they never found anyone out there and not even the dogs seemed disturbed by it. As they got older, they passed it off as their imagination and the darkness playing tricks on them.

There would be times where they would both experience doors opening and closing in the house when no one else was home. If one of the boys investigated, they never found anything there.

My fiancรฉ experienced the sound of a ball bouncing down the stairs quite a few times when he lived there. None of the kids played sports and they were all old enough to have moved on from toys to guitars and drums. A ball was never found any of these times, just the sound of it.

The next experience he had was the largest of them. He was sleeping in one morning (let's be honest-he was ditching school). Everyone else was in school or at work. He has a large radio that is set to play hard rock when his alarm goes off, but he had turned off the alarm that morning. The door to his room opened and hit the wall, which work him up. He always sleeps with the door closed, so he just thought someone had come home. There was no one in the doorway on his room. As he starts getting up to check, his alarm starts going off. Instead of the normal music, it was static. He goes over to turn it off and hears a giggle and the sound of footsteps running down the stairs. He chases after it, but finds no one in the house. The doors were still locked and no one was home. He still does not know what to make of that. That experience only happened once and he brushed it off as just whatever was in the house playing a trick on him. He did not feel threatened at all.

I had been in that house numerous times over the years and never experienced anything. The house did feel older than it should, but it could just be the area it is placed in.

After he graduated high school and got his own home, his little sister tragically died in a car accident at the age of 18. An older couple turned in front of her when she was traveling down a main highway. No one survived. He was terrified of bees and always has been. She always teased him about it. After her death, he would find dead bees in his house. Once, he found two flying around in his truck, even with the windows left up. It's not overly strange and has plenty of explanations, but it only happened in the months after her death and not since. He believes it may have been her reaching out to him and still teasing him.

As a last experience here, his best friends and he lived together for about a year in a house in the western part of the city. Most of the houses in that area are fairly new (all built in the last ten-twenty years). What happened there actually was experienced by his best friend. While they all claimed the screen door would open itself, his friend experienced the sound of the door opening and the dead bolt on the main door unlocking. As he waited for someone to come in, thinking it was just my fiance or their other roommate, a picture fell off the wall behind him. Instead of landing behind the couch or on the couch, it managed to land in the middle of the floor. He says he cannot explain how it ended up there, but it scared him. He ran to the door to find it still locked and the screen door still closed. My fiance still has the picture that fell and his best friend still finds that experience very strange.

He has not had an experience of any sort in years. He is not a firm believer in anything, much like myself, but finds some of his past experiences interesting.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, elnoraemily, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
Lol, I know. I ask him all the time why he doesn't believe in ghosts and he just shrugs. I think his mind just accepts that things happen and then files it away in a happy little place.

I am still just happily having my own vicarious experiences! ๐Ÿ˜œ
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
elnora - I guess it amazes me when people (like your fiance LOL) experience things that they cannot explain away and yet still are on the fence about ghosts ๐Ÿ˜†

I enjoyed reading about your fiance's experiences ๐Ÿ˜Š Having trouble making sense this afternoon. May come back another time if I can get my thoughts straightened out LOL

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: