You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Cold Wet Touch

Real Ghost Stories

Cold Wet Touch

 

Paranormal experiences that are based in physical senses are difficult to pin down. I personally believe that sensitive people often don't know they're sensitive because they experience a lot of these small and simple touches from beyond, but the sensations are lost in the flood of everyday sensation. Touches, sounds, or visual evidences are also the first to get targeted for debunking. Rightly so, after all, if someone is looking for ghosts, then they make themselves hypersensitive to the environment and subconsciously attribute any number of small normal things to the paranormal.

In the past couple of months, I've had some physical experiences that are very unusual for me. Some weeks ago, I was in my kitchen at home cooking a meal when I felt my dog walk by my leg and touch her nose to my calf. She does this on a regular basis. It's like a habit, her way of saying, "Hey, just passing through." She does it when I let her in the house from the backyard, like tipping the doorman. It's just a little touch; just enough to give you a little wet spot that evaporates before you can wipe it off. Dog boogers are gross, but the intent seems nice enough.

Anyway, that evening I felt her do it and turned around to give her a piece of what I was cooking. I was shocked to see she wasn't there. My dog can move through a room pretty fast, and she's really quiet, so I asked my mom if my dog had walked through the kitchen. No big deal, until mom said my puppy had been asleep at her feet for an hour and was still there.

It's very hard to mistake a touch that you've had for years, consistently, under the same circumstances. I don't know of many things that could replicate it, especially at the exact ground level of my poodle/terrier mix. We did have a dog before this one who was exactly the same size, and had the same habit, but she only did it when she wanted food. Unfortunately, we put our old dog down 8 years ago after she broke her hip.

Maybe she just popped home for some griddle steak?

** I want to add this as an addendum. I had some difficulty posting this nearer to when it happened, and it's been a couple of weeks. These touches have been occurring occasionally since then with the same completely unknown source. Each time the dog has been out of the room or even outside the house. I've also experienced what felt like a hand patting my shoulder when I'm alone in my bedroom. Not a negative touch, but I'm more used to empathic experiences... Not physical ones.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, allisonbeckert23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-19)
May be you other dog is telling you hi. Have you tried saying anything hi and thanks.
Sounds like she is saying Hi to you.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-16)
[at] allison,the touches from you are desribing are that of spirit touches. Especially the pat on the shoulder. In one my stories (duplex) I believed it was a little girl, whom would gently tug and move my hair while I laid my head on the arm of the couch. I never recieved any sort of eeri, or angry vibe. Just the hey I feel comfortable with you, so I'm going to play with your hair.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: