You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: A Sinister Shadow Entity

Real Ghost Stories

A Sinister Shadow Entity

 

This happened to me about a month or so ago, and I have posted it in a couple of places; one place for entertainment of others, and one place to try to find some answers to this encounter.

I have been having ghost experiences since I was very young; I am now 39 and quite seasoned at ghostly contact. I have seen and heard them, and also felt them touch me. I have had one encounter with an animal ghost, and a couple of encounters with shadow ghosts. This last experience, though, seems to have combined the two, and has left me a bit frightened.

I had JUST laid down in bed, and was facing my bedroom windows; lying on my right side. I am in the third town home from the corner; there is a streetlight on the corner, which affords a bit of light into the bedroom. I also have a 2-ft black light in the bedroom, which burns constantly. I was lying there, and noticed what I thought was my Papillon, with this forepaws up on the mattress, appearing to look at me intently. I stared at "him" for awhile, and I noticed that his figure wasn't moving... This is uncharacteristic of a 2-year old Pap, so I began examining the shadow a bit more in depth. I noted that the shadow was really, really dark... Darker than a normal shadow of an animal should have been. The "thing" also did not have my boy's butterfly ears; it appeared to be more the size and shape of a large house cat. I wanted to reach out to touch it, to see if it was real, but something told me I dare not do that.

I suddenly became very afraid (this thing was about 6 inches from my face, since I tend to sleep toward the very edge of the mattress) I squeezed my eyes shut for about a minute, and then reopened them to see the thing still there. I kept staring at it, angry and scared, and it began doing this weird motion with its head. Picture a cat moving its head in an "infinity" symbol shape; like a sideways '8'. I became VERY scared at this point, it was almost as if it wanted to hypnotize me. I closed my eyes again for a minute, and when I looked again the thing was gone.

Whatever this was, I feel it was very ancient, but lower-level, spiritually. As strange as this is going to sound, I feel that it was trying to get me out of my physical body to go on a journey that I did NOT want to take. I don't know if this was a shadow ghost (I usually see them as very dark, fast-moving shadows on the floor around my feet) or if this was some kind of psychic attack. I do know that this thing felt very malevolent and sinister... I did not like the way its essence or energy felt to me.

This has disturbed me since it happened. I was only able to bring myself to write about it a few nights ago! I came here searching for answers, perhaps someone knows what this could have been?

This has bothered me more than any old human spirit ever could... This thing was NOT HUMAN, and never was.

Ideas, comments, suggestions? Thanks in advance for reading this!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bathory313, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RainxOnxMyParade (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-22)
Hi Bathory
I have always had experiences like this since I was younger. Unfortunatley I often experience encounters with animal ghosts. It happened not long ago when I was home alone, it must have been about 10:30pm. I have a small border terrier and she usually sleeps in my room, on my way upstairs I got chills and became fixed on what I thought was my dog, Just like your encounter whatever it was, was sitting still not moving, staring at me with huge black eyes, if I were to describe how it looked I would say almost alien like. About 5 minutes after it started to move its tail in circular motions, I became angry and scared and told it to go away making noise trying to scare it off but its facial expression changed and my anger turned to pure fear, I slowly backed off walking slowly downstairs not turning my back on it once and waited for my parents to come home. Later on that night I went to bed when my parents did I left all the lights on in my room but I think my mum must have turned them off part way through the night. Round about 4am I woke up and could feel pressure on my calfs, I looked down towards the bottom of my bed and all I could see was a dark mass, I couldn't move at all I waited with my eyes tightly closed until I felt the pressure lighten on my legs. I have not had any more encounters like that but I often see and hear things.
Bethany ❤
Rook (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
SylphanAnima please contact me. I have questions. Rookdruid [at] inbox.com
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
-wulfscry-

Oh yes it definitely sounds like you both saw a shadow person. I'm surprised it stuck around in the same area for such a long time. Did it notice you could see it? That was funny it got up on the hood and sat down, maybe it was frustrated the guy couldn't see it or didn't notice it.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
wulfscry (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
this is a good site and I have been googling non stop on shadow people/folk/entity/being.cause I have always caught really dark shadwa outta the corner of my eyes here and there but last week I was going to the local flee mall with my wife and at the turn intersection for it there is a small store well there happened to be an old car I can't remember what model it was I remember it was baby blue in color and this man was checking it out, the car was for sale. On the other side of the car I thought was his friend looking at the car with him but something didn't seem right so I kept staring until we got close enough that I could see exactly what the man looked like. And I saw this very tell dark darker then dark figure walk around to the man I couldn't see a face or clothes just a rough outline I coulnt see through it it was so dark. The man bent over and looked into the car and I couldn't stop watching this thing it like I don't know if it jumped or just appeared on the hood of the car it was so fast but it perched on that hood of the car like a bird would do and it just sat there. I was frantic asking my wife do you see that do you see that she said yes let's just go, she wouldn't talk about it, I tried to get her to, all I could get from her is to validate it was tall male and so dark but not human she was so scared, I was scared and excited I wanted to more validation I think if I was by myself I would have driven over there and said to the man who didn't seem to see the thing and been like hey you see that right there beside you! And then probably been carted off to the looney binn. I'm more or less in the validation mode now I have seen things all my life and have been told it was an imbalance I had proof that day.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
-Bathory313-
If it has not come back most likely it won't. Just out of curiousity I usually see shadow spirits in the same vicinity that I would see human entities so have you seen any ghosts or experience any other odd happenings in your house? Sometimes the two might be connected but I'm not sure why or how, just that they seem to occur in the same locations.

-SylphanAnima- You can communicate with shadow spirits? Hmm I've never tried even though I've seen plenty of them.

-AZAZEL-
I have seen shadow spirits many times as well as cat shadow spirits and dog/wolf shadow spirits. Most seem curious or mischievious but if you show fear towards them they might not leave you alone. I have come across a few very negative shadow spirits that I had to banish away from me, but they do not have power over you unless you let them. I always believed that I was protected by pure white light from God, the universe, whatever you want to call it and it has kept me safe from serious harm all of these years.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
SylphanAnima (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
One more thing, the entity I mentioned was a shadow cat with brilliant yellow shining eyes, but I have seen many different variations, ranging from homonid, to canine, avion and even one formless one. I have also seen many other things, just too many to explain. Please, I have but one request: These creatures lived naturally for millennia, until their way of life was disrupted by the works of the very demons some accuse them to be. Recently, these entities were forced to stand ground against forces from Hell, and they paid the dearest cost. If anyone encounters one of them, please realize it may be the last of its kind. Do not attempt to harm them, as they are formidable. Just listen, they are more than they seem. I don't know if any of you believe this, but you wouldn't be here if you didn't. Regardless, closing your eyes can't make the sun disappear. In conclusion: Treat them with respect, but be cautious as they are not beyond corruption. God Bless...
SylphanAnima (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
Unfortunately, I don't have time to read all the comments, so forgive me if this may be a repetition of prior information. I have first hand experience with these shadow-like beings. My first encounter was also many years ago (when I was 8 years old). My fear made me passive and I let it be for years, but then I re-established contact with them. One important thing to note: They are NOT DEMONS, but ancient entities created to harbour balance and wisdom, traceable back to pre-egyptian times (given the right sources). There is no official name for them, I simply call them Phantoms, which by no means do I imply ghost. They were never human, but not all of them are sinister. I went on this "Journey" you speak of with the one who came for me and through him I discovered the true complexity of existance. I have searched long and hard for someone who has made contact with them too... A series of events lead to the death of this particular "Phantom" but I carry as much of his wisdom as I can, for he was my mentor...
nofightingduringpinkfloyd (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
here's a helpful hint line of salt around the bed. If you believe in voodoo brick dust to.
xAdiiBabyDoll16x (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-28)
Hey Bathory313,
Your story is very interesting, and I have not experienced anything like this, only ghosts, spirits of humans, (and I hope not to! Lol) but I heard from one of my friends that when she was walking outside to get the mail (at night, I don't know why!) she saw kind of like what you described, it was sitting in the trunk of a truck and it looked like a cat, but with no nose and all black beady eyes. Her Aunti is a psychic and she told her about it, and her aunt said it was a lower level of some kind of demon! I hope this thing won't bother you anymore...

❤ Adi
AZAZEL (2 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-03-15)
Greetings

I have just read your story and while I agree on a few points made by others, I must express my caution on a few of those points. Firstly this is probably a very ancient entity so I would suggest pursuing professional help. Secondly I am very versed in the art of astral projection and it is my belief that you SHOULD NOT CONTACT THIS ENTITY THROUGH ASTRAL PROJECTION, it may result in your spirit being trapped in the astral plane. This may then result in physical death, this is of course if you were to just jump in without even knowing anything about astral projection. As to your encounter it may have been solely for informational purposes, thus no harm to you but the creeps. I am however not the entity so I cannot know for sure but this is my opinion.

P.S. YOU SHOULD FEEL LUCKY AS MANY PEOPLE DON'T SURVIVE ENCOUNTERS OF THIS SORT.

GOOD LUCK
GraveChild (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
P.S.limboghost at the end of that comment it sounds like you described a figure in black to me

Srry for spaming comments
GraveChild (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
(PLeas forgive my bad spelling) ok so I also had to join this site becaus of you... (feel proud) lol. I don't think it was a shadow ghoast or a ghoast at all it shows inteligents with patern making and I don't think any animal is going to learn that stuff after it dies I think what you saw was a "Figure In Black" (F.I.B.) I don't claim to know all about them but I do think they are verey important when you see them and though you felt as if it might have ill will twards you I think seeing one is ment to be more then just to scare you I have never heard of a figure in black moving that much so I could be wrong but I would bet you saw a figure in black
limboghost23 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
Dear bathory313

I am very interested in your story and could not help but sign up just
To comment on it, the way you described it made it very creepy, another
Reason I signed up is at the relief of finding a place where people
Actuarly take this kind of stuff seriously and listen to other peoples
Comments.

I have not encountered the shadow entities YET but I can clearly tell
How unplesant it must be, the cat entity dosent sound too good so be
Very carefull if you encounter it again.

I think they come from another dimention since the shadow beings sometimes
Are a distorted 3D shape and have a substance a substance darker than
The absence of light and also sometimes red eyes... That sounds rather demonic though.
texicana76 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
It's past midnight as I read this story and I have chills. I have a very vivid imagination so I pretty much pictured this whole scene as if it had happened to me... Very frightening. God bless you and hope this doesn't happen again.
swan_hooper (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
i'v seen and heard of things like that in alaska a lot I was attacked by one, chased by one, stared at with one that had red eye's from afar, and seen one standing on top of my house it jumped first like 40 feet high and 60 to 70 feet away then flew away it had wings I was freaking out at first I never told anyone for awhile until I heard people saying they seen it too at first I thought I was crazy until I heard stories and people running away saying they seen a black man with red eye's floating around in town but when you see it pray to god and ask for help from him it helps I'v seen those things run away at a prayer of god like the second or minute you start praying those things run off and GOD BLESS YOU
awesomerific (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Hey bathory313,

I have had something similar happen to me. I has been a LONG time though. I was so scared it just kind of stuck with me. I was about 8, and I had just went to bed. I had been looking through my window (my bed was right next to it) and decided to roll over. All of a sudden, this shadow shot up beside my bed. I nearly screamed. It looked like a man. It just stood there... But it felt, like you said, sinister. Just wrong in a way. I closed my eyes and when I opened them it was gone. I sat up and looked around, but I saw nothing. Whether I was sort of dreaming, I really have no idea.

I do hope you figure out what that was.

God Bless You. 😊
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Greetings and salutations,

Hello bathory313, I believe you have a shadow entity, one of the lower ranks of demons. I advise you to springkle holy water whilst praying the chaplet of St. Michael. However, if you choose not do solve it that way, you may light a stick of sage (herb) which cleanses your house. Be sure not do this alone.

I wish you good fortune in driving away the entity. Remember, you rule your abode, not the spirit.

Thank you for sharing your story, please post more incidents and events if they do happen, if you don't mind. God bless, take care and deus vobiscum.

Sincerely,

Francois
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Are you involved with any sort of black magic? Have you mingled with any dark practices? What you saw was a demonic spirit, and only aide from it's arch-enemy, God, can keep it away.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Just another note that I didn't notice anyone else having posted. With Ouija boards and such, the the planchette or other pointer moving in a figure eight/infinity is supposedly a sign of evil or ill intent.

I'm not sure Why it is, but all accounts I've read where that happened have presented it in the same way. That they grew afraid when it did that, whether they knew of the connection at the time or not, and that those that didn't just close the communication right there had bad things happen afterwards.

Cannot of course say for certain that the case of the cat was the same thing, it could well have been bobbing it's head to some unheard music for all we know.
necca19 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-22)
Hello. My name is Crystal and I am part of a paranormal investigation team located in Northern VA. If you would like any assistance in finding answers, we offer our services free of charge. My email is necca19 [at] yahoo.com. Thank you.
AnnaPossumPoe (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
Wow. Creepy. I have only had contact with people ghosts, but yours (I do not mean to creep you out at all) could be the sign of the reaper. You know, the guy who brings death. I am not sure, though... I'm only 13.
tewee76 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
Hi bathory 313. I found your story as a result of searching the internet, trying to understand the experience I had last night with a feline entity that woke me from a deep slumber. The details of your story are eerily similar to mine. I also had the feeling that the entity was not and never has been human and I also had the impression that it was not a good spirit. It was lurking, doing that side to side head thing and seemed to be studying me, curious about me. I am an artist and was able to draw what I saw. In my drawing, the entity is crouched, like a cat about to pounce with 'her head cocked to one side'. I just joined this site after reading your story, because I really wanted to comment on it. At some point, I may post my drawing, if I can or if you are interested in seeing it, let me know. And when I have more time, I will write the whole story of my feline-entity experience. Also, I know it sounds cheesy, but the time on my alarm clock, when my experience occured was 12am (I don't know if that means anything to you). Thank you so much for writing your story. It really helped me feel better.
JadedDragon (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
I'm new to hear but kind of releived to have a place to openly discuss things. As for the entity that, ahem, "visited" you, it is hard telling, as I read your story I could clearly picture it in my mind, I saw the cat creature bobbing it's head before I read it, Honesty I don't know if you should be afraid of it... This will sound odd but It's drawn to you, have you tried astral tripping? Out of body? Shapeshifting mentally journey-ing sort of things? I made the mistake of journeying while in a meditative state that involved using an animal form, when I came aware again, I had something in the house with me for several days, that felt sinster and negetive. Some reason the presence was almost overwhelming, giving the impression of something that was impossibly large. Needless to say, I never tried that again. 😆
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
Well, I have tried to contact you, RollaMoMan, but can not seem to get my e-mail to get through to you. Are you still in need of assistance? Have you been pointed in the right direction? I hope you check in on this once in a while...
Thank you.
RollaMoMan (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
Hello. I just signed up and was going to do this as a posted story but its down right now. I have big problem. My girlfriend is a wiccan and for about two weeks she has been scared by a darkness. All last week it knocked on the door when I was at work. Fri it made her see someone that wasn't really outside. It wants in. We found a hole on the side of the house and it comes into the extra bedroom, or at least a small part of itself. She feels it wants her dead. Today she heard clawing on the window and opened the curtain to see a huge black shadow with blazing red eyes and huge clawed hands. It was just watching her. Then she opened the door to get the mail (right beside the door) and it was still there just in front of the door now. She is scared and doesn't sleep. She thinks someone sent it after her. Does anyone have anything like this happen?
bathory313 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
Querida, I've not seen it again. It was just shaped as a large house cat; if the house-cat were about two feet tall on its hind legs.
querida (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-15)
have you thought that it might have been some sort of demon?
that is really creepy... Have you seen it again? And how exactly was it shaped differently?
im friends with Chinaboy by the way.
bathory313 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-15)
Shane, no offense taken at all. Abby... It is from that hell-cat herself, Erzebet!
CHINABOY5193 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-15)
Have you done any background study into the history of the house. Quite often non-human entitys, (in your case a cat), will stick to a certain place in which they wonce dwelled and stay there waiting for there master. Other cases have found that these 'Animal entitys' will follow an object.

My advise search your room for somthing this animal would want. If nothing comes up take Kimsouth0's advise and do a smudge ceremony.

Help the Restless,
Chinaboy
jailarson (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-11)
I had a similar experience, during a dream. I was sitting in a chair and my sister in law was standing in the room. A cat entered the room, and I like cats so I called the kitty to me. It hopped on my lap and then climbed my chest as I was petting it. It then proceeded to shove its muzzle into my right eye. My sister in law said "Look, it's probing..." I closed my eye tight and after a few seconds, I grabbed the cat and threw it to the ground. Then it grew horns on its back and hissed at me while its eyes blazed red. It ran off and the dream ended. What this means, I don't know.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: