You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Think His Name Is Raymond

Real Ghost Stories

I Think His Name Is Raymond

 

Everything with me started on my 14th birthday. I was having a sleepover with some of my friends. Two other of my friends and myself have all had separate experiences before. We were all in my living room settling down for the night to watch a movie. When I got up and turned on the DVD player, it started making all these strange beeps and my friend whispered that she thought she could hear someone talking. I turned off the power but the DVD player kept making the noises, nothing we did would make it stop not even unplugging it.

That night after the other girls were asleep my friends swore they could still hear a voice. Then the TV turned on and off really fast. That was it for that night and none of us experienced anything else in my home.

Until the Historic Home Tour came to town. My mom was outside and me and my friend who heard the voice talking were inside watching some goofy show on the TV. A few minutes later my mom came back inside with a piece of paper in her hands. T was about our home. It stated that it used to be a hospital and morgue back in the 1800s and that the doctor and his wife lived here too. After some research we also found out that the doctor was not a nice man. He would try to make new medicines or whatever from the dead, and not all of them died on their own.

After finding this out, I kept seeing a little boy. He could have only been ten. He was a full apparition. You could see him but also through him. His blond hair was deep red with blood and a gunshot wound. I didn't know what to make of this, he seemed harmless and always kept his distance just watching.

I am about to be 19 soon and he has gotten closer and always has a little girl that looks like him with him. I'm thinking this is his sister. Ever since I seen him I had this feeling his name was Raymond.

Now my Grandma who lives with us is starting to get very sick. She woke me up the other night to tell me that he visited her, that he opened his hand and handed her a Monarch Butterfly. I know there is a legend that Monarchs are the reincarnation of a soul that is about to be gone or is already gone. My grandma asked him what his name is. The little girl rolled her eyes and he said, "My name is Raymond."

Could I be right about his name? Why, after all these years, has he decided to come closer? To speak? Is he still here because he does not know he is dead? Or is he here because the doctor experimented on his body? Is it because he died a violent death? Has anyone ever experienced anything close to this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kaytiebear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2014-12-22)
come on - so many wise people... Share a thought...

Well, the doc (rook) already suggested her / his opinions so that could be a starting point for the investigation. I presume the place is literally begging for a paranormal investigation.

Food for thought - if it is being too much on you katie, it's best to get help from professional investigators.
ngute81 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-10)
You mentioned you started to see this little boy AFTER you found out the history of your home... That says it all right there (for me anyway). I think you want to experience the paranormal soo bad that your mind is playing tricks on you. Or your telling us a played out and tired story.
Kaytiebear (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-08)
I've done a bit a research. I have also emailed the historical society here and am waiting on their reply. Dang I feel like I need a seat on your couch lol. I do believe the butterfly legend is Irish. Which is weird to me seeing as I am also from Irish decent.
feefoo222 (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-08)
Is there any room for me, elnora?
Sorry Kaytie no suggestions...
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-07)
Thanks for the futon, Panda!
It will come in handy. We are nearly out of room on this couch.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-06)
This seems to be a case where keeping a Journal, Lots of research and collexting EVP's MIGHT come in handy... You have a possible name of someone that either lived in your home or perhaps possibley died there... Maybe both.

My real question to you is this... How much research have you done yourself?

How much of this 'haunting' may be the power of suggestion?

Could the tv/DVD glitch have been just that... An electronic glitch.

We have to consider every possible non-paranormal possibilty and rule them out before the paranormal can be considered.

Thanks for shareing, please keep us posted on any details you can confirm.

Respectfully,

Rook
PurplePanda (18 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-06)
I have a futon I can donate to the cause. Great for a short nap, anyway, if not a good night's sleep.:D
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
Griff, you can have the recliner. No worry of cooties and you get a footrest:P
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
Do you mind if I prop on the arm of this couch, my feet are killing me... I won't get too close though as girls have cooties 😆 😆

As for this experience, perhaps they are tied to the land or property as a former home, or because of the events of their passing, it really could be anything. Do you have any proof that they were involved with this doctor? What style clothes do they wear, perhaps you could get a rough date from them and do a little research as to tragic child deaths from shooting in your area.

I must confess I'm with elnoraemily, it does have similarities to American Horror Story, and also I keep picturing that lad from Sixth Sense who says 'come on, I know where my dad keeps his gun'.

Thanks for sharing 😊
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
Would a sleeping bag work, Ari?
As a side note: I was curious about finding out the history from the historical tour. It just seems odd that wasn't already known (hospital/morgue) as it seems like it would be part of the town gossip, and I thought (could be wrong) that to be on a tour they needed your permission. Maybe that's just if they tour inside? Anyway, I was trying to figure that out and came upon a lovely listing of places to help research the history of houses! Http://www.ipl.org/div/pf/entry/76687
Just in case anyone is interested.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-05)
Dear Holmes & Friends,
Do you guys have a futon stashed somewhere? All the 'facts' in my head make me sleepy.

Regards
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
There is an honorary couch spot waiting just for you, Notjustme. 😜
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
I want to join! But for a nap. Off work now. See yous tomorrow!
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
It's a sectional!

Please join, Val.

I'll make some popcorn.
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
Well, there is an old Irish saying that refers to the symbolic meaning of butterflies. This saying is: "Butterflies are souls of the dead waiting to pass through purgatory". But, unfortunately that is the only one I can think of.
Is there room for me on the couch?
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
A lot better than that hard a$$ bench. But we'll keep it anyway, still might need the room.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
elnora - think I will, thanks 😆 Feels pretty good actually LOL
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
Miracles, I have some space left on the couch. Would you like to join?

:P

Though I am curious, Kaytie- I have never heard of a butterfly being compared to anything to do with death. I guess the transformation comparison? Do you know where that legend originated?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
Kaytiebear - the power of suggestion is an amazing thing. Just keep that in mind.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
I've got a fairly large couch.

I'm willing to share. It's much better than that bench.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
I think we're going to need a bigger bench. Going to start getting crowded.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
I'm afraid I have nothing to contribute. You've given us a lot to think about with this story, and I can't put my thoughts into words.
I guess I'll go sit with Wish and Elnora, and hope someone can give you whatever answers you're looking for.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
Kaytie, I am in the same boat as Wish-not. I have tried to figure out a reply, but I have failed (that and I kept getting reminded of the plot of the first season of American Horror Story and that interfered with the reply).

I am sure someone here will have a good reply for you.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
Kaytiebear- Well I think I'm going to set this one out. There is a whole lot going on here. I think someone will be able to sort it out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: