You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Little Boy In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Boy In My Room

 

When I was 12 years old I lived in this old house in Long Beach, California. I'm 22 now and still can remember everything that happened in that house.

One night my parents were out and my older cousin was babysitting me and my baby sister. I remember it was late and we were in the dining room eating oranges. I was facing the living room and I want to say it was around 11:40 p.m. We were all talking and I glanced at the living room for a few seconds and in a quickness I saw a little boy dressed in a tuxedo run extremely fast from our chimney area across the living room! He looked like he was about 5 or 6 years old. I gasped for air and was so shocked! I told my cousin what I just saw and she told me I was probably tired and seeing things, but I knew what I saw. For some reason I only saw from his head to his knees, I did not see his feet but he was fast. I was so scared.

On different occasions I would see the little boy run past my room in the corner of my eye or in the kitchen. He was always so fast that I couldn't catch a full glimpse of him. I would only see him for a few short seconds. After a while I wasn't afraid anymore. It was almost like I was used to it.

Until one night... So in my room I had this huge kitchen toy set that my sister played with. I shared rooms with her. On this one night I was awakened by some light noise. I started to feel so much fear for some reason. It sounded like someone was playing with the pots and pans on the toy kitchen. I pulled the blanket over my head. I didn't want to move or make a sound. I was so scared and sweating so much under my blanket.

Then I felt leaning over me as if they were trying to look at me! I was so scared I didn't want to open my eyes. Then the toys continued making little noises. This literally went on for an hour. Then I heard something pulling on my curtains! Oh my god, I was sweating so much I felt like I couldn't move because I was so scared.

Until finally I heard my dad get up to go get water. I got up and ran so fast to the kitchen and hugged my dad. He was confused and asked me what's wrong. I told him everything and he said maybe I was dreaming or maybe it was a mouse (we had no mice in the house). He took me to the room and the toys were everywhere! I cleaned I up and put it away. He told me I could sleep with the TV on but he still tried to convince me that it was a mouse. Eventually I fell asleep.

The next morning the toys were all over the place again. I really believed it was the little boy. It was so spooky. I lived in that house for 7 years and saw that little boy run around for 7 years along with the man in my hallway from my other story. It was such a creepy house.

Other hauntings by sonita562

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sonita562, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Uknownexplorer (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-10)
Look more into it. If you will. Many times it could just be something trying to get Your attention anyway it can. As like in your other story it might have been in the form of the man as well, So by you being scared it played on your fears, but it seemed more of wanting to be noticed than trying to bring harm.
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-09)
It sounds to me as if this ghostly urchin was simply playing, like any child might. Perhaps he was simply checking you out wanting to make friends? As for the fear - well you were awaken by a noise, and you hear someone playing with the toys, which is unusual and weird for that hour. Of course you're a bit creeped out. I do find it odd though, that since you shared your room with your younger sister, you didn't assume it was her at first.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-07)
Nectarvore - The first things that came to my mind was, maybe he died on a night where him and his family were going to or from a special occasion. That does lead me to more curiousity, and even makes it a bit more sad 😨.

2 days after my ex died I saw him come to me, and he also had no feet. Only top, but it didn't scare me as I felt like the two of us were wrapped in our own aura, or more of HIS aura, and it felt like peace. I knew we were in the room, but everything else was faded.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-07)
Hi Sonita562 - AWWW I really enjoyed this story.
It was funny, anticipating, and sad. I always feel so bad for children spirits as they do not know where to go. May I suggest next time you get a feel of him, you pray in your head for him to go to where the peace is. I personally think in situations like yours the night of the kitchen set playing, the spirits can hear your thoughts. That's why as you got more scared and thinking all sorts of scary stuff in your head, he knew and came over to you to check you out. So maybe if the next time you see him just say something simple like "Don't be scared, go to where you should. Don't be stuck here" - sorry I realize this might not have been the best, "expert" answer out there LOL but it's just my own idea and what I would do.

Because he doesn't sound like a threat that's why I suggest this simple method.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-07)
Oh, sorry, a baby sister. I apologise, I missed that part. That explains the toys then. When a girlfriend of mines daughter passed, my younger brother woke me to tell me he'd seen a little fair haired girl playing with my sons toys in his playroom in the middle of the night. Then she was gone. I believe him, it was a week later that the little beloved was found. No one knew at that point that she had died. I believe, I know intuitively, that child spirits will be called to what they find comforting and familiar. Like living children.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-07)
Do you have a child? Is that why there were toys? I have witnessed child spirits be drawn to children and play rooms before too. I really wonder why he was dressed in a tux. I mean, really, why not, sure... But it's just unusual. The first thing I thought of when I read your words was that perhaps it was the clothing he was laid to rest in. Just a thought.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
sonita - the part about not seeing his feet struck a memory with me. About 17 years ago I saw a little girl ghost. I couldn't see her mouth or her feet but the rest of her was as clear as if she was living. I was told, and I have no idea if this is true or not, that it was because she died a tragic death. I'd like to hope that isn't really true, but in my case I believe the little girl did 😢

I know it can be startling to see/hear something/someone who isn't there. Even for those who live with ghosts, it's hard to handle sometimes.

Thanks for sharing this with us 😊
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
Sonita562- So you were 12 when you started seeing the little boy? And you saw him for 7 years making you 19 when you moved?

I always have been amazed and curious why "they" only allow a glimpse. Well I guess I can't say ALL of them but the ones that only allow just enough to know that one does see them.

Obviously a child spirit? Sure, if never came across as anything else. There's stories in here (YGS) that they later turned out to be something else.

Great story. I'm headed to find your other one.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
Though undoubtedly creepy -I would have been terrified-, I still sort of find a little boy playing with toys to be sweet.

Maybe the reason you could see it is because he knew you were close to his age and figured you would want to play?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: