You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Trucker Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

Trucker Apparition

 

I must share this story with you before I write my second experience. For those of you that have read my last post, I mention that my adopted mom has experienced some horrific hauntings, ghost & spirits. This is one that happened about 1 year ago...

My adopted mom called me in a frantic one afternoon, and what she told me brought chill's to my whole body. She was traveling on a road in Arkansas when a herd of deer ran out in the middle of the road at 9:36pm. The traffic went to 70mph to BRAKES! There where 2, 18 wheelers in front of her and 3 cars in front of them. So you can only imagine the outcome. The 18 wheelers had to stop so quickly that the trailers swung around and cleared everything within its path, including the cab of the truck. There was wreckage and deer all over the road and luckily my mom was able to stop just in time; due to the smart distance that she kept, far enough away that she was able to stop (She has driven a truck for 20 years.) As she pulled of the median she noticed a man standing 6 ft from her trailer, wondering how a man got next to her trailer so fast and without her seeing him. She said he had one hand across his chest and one hand in his pocket; looking very confused.

The rescue team was on the way while the police where questioning the accident. One walked up to my mom and asked "What happened here?" As she was telling him about what happened she mentioned that "Someone needs to check this guy out back, by my trailer he looks very confused, he might wonder off in the traffic", and by then he had vanished. The cop said "what man?" Well he was just right there in plan view. The officer got a description so detailed down to facial hair and shoes! He walked away for a minute and came back and said the man you described is the owner of that wrecked 18 wheeler, and was found dead at the scene. She was in shock as the cop just turned around and walked the other way.

After she left, she stopped at a truck stop and on the news was the wreck she just witnessed. There were 4 fatalities that night. She even left the scene before the rescue team came. The man she seen next to her truck was one of the victims in the accident.

Other hauntings by Sandy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sandy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

anniewilder (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-18)
Hi Sandy,

I'd like to include your story in an upcoming book of trucker ghost stories and legends and lore of the road. If you're interested, please email me at truckerghoststories [at] yahoo.com before January 10, 2011.

Thanks, Annie
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
Hello Sandy,
Hopefully the police officer that your adopted mother spoke to filed a report with this incident outlined as it would be wonderful to have documentation to these types of sightings. However, it is highly unlikely that he did.
Thank you for sharing this story with us. I would say that your adopted mom is wonderfully gifted and would love to hear more of the stories.
Thank you.
Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
Thank you all for the wonderful comments 😁 This is the most fun I have ever had writting stories. Thanks to all, and more stories to come! I haven't yet been able to e-mail anyone, but I'm learning. I would love to hear from you all. My e-mail address is avalible to the members. ❤Sandy
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
Wow! That is truly an amazing story! Apparently your mom is very sensitive! When the mans soul left his body, I am certain he was cionfused as it was an accident tyoe situation, she was one of the only ones to se him.
I am glad your mom wasn't physicaly hurt! I do hope the fatalities found peace.

God Bless!
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
wow! Very good story and very well told and very "SIXTH SENSE"! Remember at the end of that movie where the little boy saw the ghost of the dead biker who was killed, standing outside the window of the car. I agree with both Shane and Abby's comments. Thanks for sharing your story with us. That was really kind of sad to be honest! Good luck
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
Wow nice story Sandy. I agree with Shane and Abby. I watched a ghost caught on tape like that. A man was crossing the road when a car hit him very hard. He died on sight. But exactly when the car hit him you could see his spirit still walking. I hope to hear from you soon and take care.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
Dear Sandy,

In my opinion, your mom experienced a surprise meeting with the dead driver of the semi. He had left his physical body when he died, and was most likely confused and disoriented. He did not realize he was dead, and was addressing your mom for answers and help. Hopefully, he did realize he was no longer in his physical body and was able to cross over to the other side. Sometimes, there will be those who will be there to help guide them over so they do not get stuck here in limbo land.

Whenever, I witness an accident I send prayers of healing and love out to all those involved. I figure our creator, God/Goddess will take care of the rest. I also call my army of supporters (my belief system) from the other side to help take care of those involved and see that they get the help and guidance they appropriately need.

Since, I am one who likes to communicate with the paranormal, I will just speak to those who might be there and tell them to go on in unconditional love. I radiate the love so that they have loving energy to help them cross over if they are dead or to heal if they are meant to continue their life and life experiences.

I think the officer just walked away, because he had heard that type of report before. He also knew that not much could be done about it, as it is something that is not totally accepted in his workplace or in our society. It is like those gray areas that everybody knows exists, but nobody wants to admit it, so don't rock the boat and just ignore it... It will go away.

Personally, I hope that if I or my loved ones, actually anyone is in an accident I hope that others will pray and send love, guidance and healing as needed for myself, my loved ones, and anyone involved. Would you not want the same for yourself and your loved ones?

So, the next time you witness an accident and you are held up in traffic, instead of complaining about it, send love and prayers to all those involved. It is the higher road to take on all your travels.

I appreciate your mom's story and thank you for writing it for us to read.

Blessings, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-10)
A crisis apparition. Though they usually only appear to family members. Another possibility is that your adopted mother was witnessing the crossing of a soul from this plane of existence to the next and not even realized what was going on. It is even quite possible that the spirit of the deceased was not even aware himself as it sounds like his death happened very suddenly. I wish I had more concrete evidence to prove either one of those theories, but unfortunately science still hasn't made it that far yet. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: