You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Son Met His Great-grandfather

Real Ghost Stories

My Son Met His Great-grandfather

 

This just happened last week.

My husband's family owned a home for a very long time. Several people were born in the house and quite a few died in the house. To our knowledge, my husband's great-grandparents and grandparents all died in the home. As was common, there were 2 babies born in the home that died shortly after birth. Finally, his aunt's husband died in the home. Aunt Geri was the remaining person to live in the home.

The house was in serious need of upgrades that were beyond her ability. She decided to sell and move to a smaller home. While her nephews were helping her move, my teenage son sat down at the piano and started to play. Everyone stood around a while to listen to him. Then they went back to work, leaving him alone with the piano. While he was playing he felt someone sit down next to him and place their hand on his back. When he turned to look, no one was there.

A few days after the initial move, piano movers came to take the piano and bring it to her new home. They kept complaining about someone calling their names. No one other than the movers and I were in the home. They got the piano into the truck. One worker was securing it. He yelled and we all ran to the back of the truck. He was very upset because he believed one of his co-workers had touched him then ran. They hadn't.

When we reached the new home I stood outside while the movers assessed the doorways, etc. I suddenly felt a hand on my back. I turned but saw no one. The movers did their thing and the piano was settled in its new home. My husband's aunt was paying them while I checked out the piano. I was slowly checking every key. Finally, I sat down to play. I heard Aunt Geri scream and I jumped up. She said she saw someone sitting next to me on the bench. When she yelled he disappeared. She said the piano was her father's and he would always sit next to whomever was playing. She didn't get a good enough look to recognize the person but it reminded her of what her father did.

Other hauntings by TheCrone

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheCrone, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
Well excellent to hear Crone! Maybe your great-grandfather is attached to the piano itself!
TheCrone (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
IfIhadyoux - no creepy vibes. I really think it's his great-grandfather just enjoying having the family use the piano. I guess the ghost will stay with the piano. He seems content there.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
TheCrone- As sad as it was to loose the home, it would seem that Grandpa followed the move. Probably trying to get settled in himself.

Great story! Thanks for sharing.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
I agree that that is sad. I too hate seeing a house being let go from a family because of lack of need. However I completely understand where she is coming from. Wish she could have found someone to use it and fix it up; I bet it's a beautiful home. As far as the piano goes, sounds as if the person touching the backs is kind of giving words of encouragement and recalling on old memories. I don't know, I did't sense anyone getting a creepy vibe correct?
TheCrone (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Yes, his aunt kept the piano. She will put it in her will for my son.
TheCrone (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
It saddened me too. It would have cost a lot of money to fix. I wish someone could have done it but no one really had that much extra cash.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
My great-grandmother sold our old family house. It was weird- the emotional effect on everyone was essentially tangible.

Did your Aunt keep the piano?
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
Crone,
Well, this story saddened me. From what you said it sounds as though it had been the family home for generations. Although I totally understand why Aunt Geri decided to let it go, I just find it sad that it had to pass put of family hands.
Sounds to me like 'Grandpa' was very attached to that piano.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: