You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Experimenting With Ouija Board

Real Ghost Stories

Experimenting With Ouija Board

 

This is my second story. First I want to thank everyone that commented on my previous story.

Okay here goes. I'm a 16-year-old male and I live in Pretoria, South Africa. I am very interested in the paranormal and love experiencing paranormal things, that's why I decided to make an Ouija board a month ago and speak to some spirits. The story I'm telling today happened the 9th November and was rather positive experience I had and I am very happy to share this experience I had with you people.

One day after school my dad picked me and my 12-year-old sister up (I used to have two sisters but one passed away earlier this year in a car crash. She was 14 and we got along with each other really well. Why I'm telling you this will make more sense later in the story). My dad had to go back to work and my sister went with him because she doesn't like when my dad wasn't around and only dropped me off at home. I was alone so I took out the Ouija board I made and started speaking with some spirits again.

Turns out my house is really active when it comes to spirits and I had no idea before I started using the Ouija board. Every time I used the Ouija board I got a reply almost instantly.

Like, usually I spoke with a few spirits (none that was in any way mean, bad or evil). And just as I was ready to go a rather interesting spirit showed up and claimed that she knows me (of course I didn't know her gender before I asked her). I asked what gender, age and what her name was and where she was from and how she had passed away and every answer matched up to my sister! Then I asked if she was my passed away sister and the answer was yes.

I was so excited and I couldn't believe that it was actually her. I'm very sceptical, so I asked her a few questions like dates of birthdays and about a few details of certain events we both attended, and also a few things she told me about, about times she was with her friends to confirm that it really was her and she answered every question correctly.

I swear I was never as happy as I was that day ever before because I missed her a lot and she was the one person that was always there for me no matter what and I could trust her with secrets and everything you can imagine in a perfect sibling relationship. We talked like old friends would about "the good old days". She even brought up stuff that I forgot about. We shared a lot of memories together as you can see. I wish she was still here in physical form.

Anyway, thanks for reading and please leave me some comments I can read. And thanks to the owners of this website for letting me publish my story.

Other hauntings by spookie1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spookie1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WOLFBLOOD16 (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-08)
😆 😉 😆 That is so happy! I feel that my grandmother is still in my house, she's dead though.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
Tangential comment: Am I the only one who reads ghost stories before bed? They actually relax me.
Seek (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
Perhaps even positive spirits can attach themselves to you through a ouiji board, and it may not be an evil spirit, but you will still be haunted, and that can take a huge emotional tole on a person. Best advise you get on this site is, stay away from Them!
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
That is quite all right spookie, we apparently respond to the same stories... [I think she stalks me 😜 ]

I will be watching for your story 😁
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
Sorry I meant ifihadyoux in the second response of my previous comment. Not elnoraemily 😆 sorry... Lol
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
BJJ and Elnoraemily - Thanks haha you guys are just as awesome... And also I want to thank everyone that read my story 😁

Elnoraemily - I had a scary experience late last year and I'm going to write about it soon... Keep an eye out for another story soon 😉
Skeptic_not_Sceptic (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-15)
Why are my ears ringing? "I'm very sceptical..." Ah, there it is.

Anyway, since I'm late to the party, looks like enough comments about the positive and negative possibilities of using a Ouija board have been covered. Glad it worked for you; continue to be careful.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
I have too to be honest. I just want to read spooky ghost stories and get scared when I am bored at work 😭 Is that so hard to ask?!?

Has anything else happened since the posting Spookie?
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
I've noticed the influx of immature, mean or just plain weird comments lately.:/
More than normal, it seems.

I agree with BJJ, Spookie, you are a class act.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
And just to clarify, Spookie, we're not referring to you. You're a class act. We're having a moment of frustration with a couple of the people on your page. Sorry.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
You and me both, Wish. No worries, and hopefully school will be back in soon.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
BJJ- Sorry, my bad. Heat of the moment "these kids" type thing.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
As a general rule, posts should be on topic and related to an author's story. If you have something entirely unrelated to say, please use your own story to do so. Comments may gradually get off track a bit, it happens, but don't jump in a story with a completely different subject, or worse, just to promote commenting on your own story. Also, make sure to read the previous posts before publishing yours.

Stephbanfield, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our comment guidelines. It won't take long, and will make your time here more enjoyable if you know how the community works. K?
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
Stephbanfield- Let me make a suggestion. Take time to read any and all stories that have the word Ouija in it that are on this site. There is a box located in the top right that you can put the word in and you'll get every one that has been published.

NONE of them are "positive". Read the advise that is given. 98% say "STAY AWAY" from them.

Curiosity is a fine quality to have BUT one needs to educate themselves before venturing off to the unknown.

Be careful.
Stephbanfield (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
Ive always been interested in doing a Quija Board, but I have herd things like of you are doing it with a group of friends and you contact a Spirit and one member of the group lifts there hand off the that spirit stays with them? Is this true?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Spookie, I've been trying to arrange my thoughts on your experience into words. I hope that this makes sense.
Ouija boards are most commonly associated with communicating with the departed, bit they are also used as a divination tool. They can be used to tap into the subconscious, higher self, whatever you choose to call it. In this use, no ghosts or other types of entities are involved at all, it's a simple chat between the conscious mind and subconscious mind.
I think that you simply opened communication between your conscious and subconscious. While the conscious mind forgets, the subconscious remembers every detail of everything you've ever experienced, everything you've ever been told, everything you've ever seen. I believe that in order to comfort you in your grief, your subconscious acted as your sister to give you a chance at closure.
Personally, it's my belief that loved ones don't need a tool to communicate, that they will convey their messages in their own time and in their own way. My advice would be to wait, to watch, and to be receptive. When your sister is ready, she will contact you. There are theories that time flows differently in the afterlife, and you may have to wait awhile.
I'm sorry for the loss you and your family have been through. I know it sounds trite, but time will heal your heart. The day will come that her memory will bring happiness instead of sorrow.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
BJJ to the rescue!:)

Spookie, thanks to lovely people like BadJuuJu, this place is a great place for support and advice. There are a lot of good people here.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Haha sorry, sometimes ignorance gets the best of me. Especially since I go into defense mode of something I really believe in. However that is now in the past, thank you BJJ.

And Spookie, of course. That's what YGS is all about.:]
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Other posters,
Please try to ignore this kid. He seems to be under the impression this is all a game of some sort. Several of his comments have been deleted, so it may look a little like you're talking to yourselves. Sorry bout that.
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
I never Imagined there would be so many people I don't know at all that would be here for me... Haha I never even imagined my story would get so many comments... Thanks a lot guys

I really appriciate it

Regards
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Gabs, think back to yesterday. I will delete any immature/trollish comment you make in order to maintain a level of maturity. This is not a role playing or fan fiction site. You may be more comfortable on a different site, I don't believe this is the environment for you.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
who's "V"? What did I miss? LOL sorry but I feel like I only get half (if I'm lucky) of your sentences Gabs. I do apologize if this is a language barrier.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Spookie, we are all here for you and will support you with whatever help you need to get through this. Ignore the people who are unkind and focus on the good.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
No I wasn't and you missed my entire point GABS. A book of shadows isn't in itself evil or filed with ill intent. It depends on what type of magick you're using and your intent. To say that they all are is just ignorant.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Gabs, Pentagrams don't trap demons and the Book of Shadows does not summon them.
Pentagrams only trapped demons in the Supernatural TV show.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
GABS- Um let me correct you. Being a Wiccan, a book of shadows is actually a witch's book of spells, notes, etc. Of whatever a witch wants to put inside the book for her notes. It's kind of like a diary for a religious path. Pagans use them as well. Pentagrams also represent the 4 elects, fir, earth, water, and air as well as the spirit, and just because certain religious groups turned it upside down and used it for evil does not automatically make the upside right one evil as well.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Oh sorry Spookie, I just realized you stated you were male. My bad!
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
I love how everyone is coming together to help a person in need and in grieving. It warms my heart, honestly, to see this.

I know this was a side note but yeah. Spookie we're all here for you.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Spookie1 - Actually I read that demons can read your thoughts, so they can know everything that you are thinking and use it against you 😕. I know you love your sister and miss her dearly, but she would want you to be safe too right? Love yourself and that's doing her the biggest favour.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Gabs, We will never know if it was or was not his sister. We were not there, we don't know all of the information and we don't know how spirits use the board. All we know is that the board goes wrong, a lot. Could it have been his sister? Yes. Could it have been something messing with him, while he was in an emotionally damaged place? Yes. That is why we are all asking for him to please stop, because we do not know. No one has certainty when it comes to these sorts of things. It's that uncertainty that could make it unsafe and we want him safe.

Spookie, I sent you a message.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: