You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunted Park

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted Park

 

This is an experience which I would like to share. This incident happened 3 years back, when I used to live in NTPC Kaniha (a township) in Odisha. My dad is an engineer by profession and he works in a company named NTPC ltd.

The houses were divided in A, B, C & D type quarters for different work ranks. We lived in D type.

This happened in the month of December 2011. I was in 12th standard and our pre-board examinations were going on, so for that I used to go for tuitions but that day I was late, it was almost 10:00 PM. As the next day was my physics exam and I was very late for returning back home.

I had to pass by the park at our township. While passing by the park I saw the swing it was on motion, the merry-go-round was moving and the seesaw was also moving. I stood there for awhile and thought how is that possible because there was no wind and, of course, wind cannot move such heavy rides. Also, it was December and chilling winter night so nobody was there.

I was in terror, I never thought of such things would happen. I was totally frozen out fear and got goosebumps but anyhow, I just ran away from that place. I came home and told everything to my mom. She laughed at me saying that it can be an illusion.

But I wasn't satisfied by my mother's statement so the next day after coming back from the school I thought of investigation and asked to our servant. She said that the park is haunted, the children that died, their spirits lives in that park but never harmed anyone.

From that day onward I never visited that park and whenever I was late I called my dad to pick me. It's almost 3 years I live in Kolkata but still I get nightmares of that park.

Other hauntings by Flora23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Flora23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
vvv miracles asking the same questions I was going to ask. If children are haunting that park, that is truly truly sad and I hope they rest in peace soon.
GABSSoldier (12 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
Maybe your mother said that because she seen it also but doesn't want to relive what happen to the children there that died
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
I have the same questions as Miracles51030, too. Sometimes I really hate myself for reading the stories late and later find out that my questions have already been asked. Lol. 😆 I liked your story, hoping to know from you soon. Take care. (:
-Shady.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Hi Flora23 I liked your story but I have same questions as Miracles51031.

Hope to get reply soon. 😁

Regard,
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
Flora, I can totally understand being a bit freaked out by playground equipment moving about on its own. But, after three years, having nightmares about it? That just doesn't seem right. Perhaps you need to really examine these dreams and see if there is some kind of message there.
Also, did you ever investigate farther than your servant? Is this a local belief or only her's? Like Miracle's I wonder why the children would be haunting that park.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
Flora - there are a couple of things that are bothering me (not about your story but what was told to you). Why are the children haunting the park? Did they die there? If so, how? If they didn't die there, why would they be haunting the park? I assume haunting just means their spirits are there and not that they are trying to frighten people. Although, being children ghosts, maybe they are 😉

Anyway, I guess I just want to know why they are there and not with their families, if they didn't cross over.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
I would not fear them. If the local belief that kid's spirits are there is true, then they are just playing with the equipment at the park. Maybe try walking by again during the day and show yourself that it's okay.
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
So sorry that this event frightened you so much. You must have a gift for being able to perceive these things and it's not so bad if you were told the children's spirits were not harmful.

I agree with Nightwish - examine your dreams, you may find out more about why they are there.

All best:)
Sue
Nightwish13 (2 stories) (19 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
well wind could move them but they would have to be hurricane type winds. But anyways I'm not sure why that scares you so much I can see when it happened. And to be a bit freaked out when passing it. But if there have never been any malicious activity there is nothing to fear. Its interesting that you have dreams about it still. Maybe there is something trying to tell you to go back... Also maybe going back in the daytime could help stop the dreams/nightmares. I hope you figure something out so you can move on from this experience that frightened you so.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: