You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Being In My Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Being In My Apartment

 

So to start off, I moved into my friend's spare room in her apartment about 5 months ago. The first week I lived there she claimed to have woken up in the morning and saw a dark figure on the ceiling about her bed. The next day she claims to have seen the being again upon waking up. Only this time it had veins visible and eyes. When she made eye contact it disappeared. A week or two later she moved out to live with her boyfriend and left the rent for me to take over, which I agreed to. She has always had paranormal things happen to her but not me, up until a week after she left.

I fell asleep on the couch watching Pretty Little Liars on Netflix. I woke up to the theme song playing on the TV and tried to lift my neck and head but couldn't. I then heard a deep scratchy voice right in my ear singing along to the theme song. I was too afraid to do anything so I forced myself back asleep.

Last night my dog started to perk her ears up and stare into the mirror in my room and bark. She has never done this. Then last night I was sitting on my porch smoking a cigarette. I put the cigarette out and kind of zoned out looking at the ashtray then snapped out of it and went inside. Hours later I went back out to smoke and my ashtray was shattered into three pieces on the table. My ashtray is a huge glass one made of very thick glass, hard to break and I knew that it was intact hours before. I didn't hear anything and it wasn't windy.

Then this morning I woke up and my torso was extremely sore like I had done some hardcore cardio, and I was drenched in sweat. I sit at a desk at my job and I haven't worked out in years.

My torso had been so sore and my skin has been so sensitive in that area that it's made it painful for me to wear a bra. I'm not sure what's happening but it's kind of worrying me. Anyone know what this could be? I don't know what to think. Help!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kattgaines, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-09)
lolololol not going to add in my feisty two cents because then it will look like I am stabbing someone's opinion.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-09)
I think the banter between Spookie, IfIhadyoux and I was taken as a personal jab to the commenter, rather than being a separate, goofy discussion, as it was. Context can sometimes be hard to grasp over a thread.

Oh, well. Nicely said, Granny.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
gynethquinn: Sorry you feel that way. But as I read over the comments I see that no one was being rude or "hating" on you. This is how mature people discuss things. No one bashed, no one called you names, no one bullied you. I think everyone was just explaining how we do it here by looking at reasonable explanations before deeming paranormal. I'm pretty sure no one knew you hadn't read the previous comments.

If you're going to stick around the site, get used to members trying to debunk. If this upsets you then this probably isn't the site for you.

Thank you! 😊
gynethquinn (3 posts)
-4
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
pretty much, i've decided to comment back, I just think skeptics are very negative, so you can hate, but I don't hate you. I just believe being open minded and not crushing someones opinion with skepticism, because the people writing their experience are right because it's what they went thru. It's not what skeptics went thru. I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT ANY OF COMMENTS TO THE WRITER, I DIDN'T EVEN READ YOUR COMMENTS until I wanted to reread the story after commenting, and I recieved hate for the last comment, when I wasn't even talking about you guys or your comments. I had only just decided to read the comments today for the first time. Wow so much aggression, it makes me sad. I'm not going to comment back again because I feel you just want to start a fight. I do not I wasn't even talking about you guys. So you guys making assumptions is silly:p!:) I was just trying to say to the writer to believe in her or his self and go with their gut instinct, you guys went over board... PEACE! Not commenting back on this story, to many negative assumptions going around. It's quite sad.
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Hahaha not as an insult ifihadyoux... I mean it as a compliment... And it's fun to watch you setting straight someone who is out of line. Hahaha!
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
true true. No one messes with a feisty person;) Sorry katt! I'll stop hogging your story now >_>
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
lol Ifihadyoux, no, no! You are not mean! You are feisty. Feisty is a good thing!
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
hey now I sense people gaining up on me >_> aka spookie and elnora.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Spookie1- haha 'tis the nature of the beast. I was born in July so I am astrologically a cancer sign, meaning I get overly emotional. I thought my post was good and not too mean:[
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
I agree, Spookie, IfIhadyoux gets feisty in the best way:P If someone is rude If just sets them straight with manners and intelligence. It's kind of awesome to watch:P
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Ifihadyoux - Lol I noticed you get really feisty if someone insults you in a way (Just clarifying - I'm just teasing you not being mean) it actually makes me smile how people react to things haha
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Exactly, as long as you never feel threatened by what is going on then you will be ok. That is creepy about the voice though
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Gyn... I'm with elnoraemily and ifihadyoux... We are just pointing out any explainable happenings to avoid that the normal and paranormal is confused with each other

Regards
Spookie1 😊
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
As long as you feel comfortable and safe, that is all that really matters:)
kattgaines (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Thanks everyone. I thought the sleep paralysis thing also but she says she knows what that is and doesn't think it was, I don't know though. I know I wasn't hallucinating when I heard the voice in my ear, it was too real and I was wide awake. My balcony is on the second story so I know it wasn't touched but it could have been the cold now that I think about it. I tried to dismiss everything as just things that happen but I just have an eerie feeling in that apartment. Who knows, maybe everything is explainable. Thanks for the replies, all!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Gyn, there are several non-paranormal causes for events that can look pretty paranormal at first glance. It's why many of our members suggest looking into those non-paranormal causes, it's best to know what one is actually dealing with than to jump straight to the paranormal option. All options should be considered, and the most appropriate option, paranormal or otherwise, accepted.
If you give our guidelines a read, you'll see that this site welcomes respectful skeptics. By reading the guidelines, you may also notice that we prefer to keep the comments on a story about the experiences of the author. I am grateful that you appear to have read the part about not discussing sexual experiences. Thanks.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Gyne, this site is skeptic friendly. Just because someone is giving their opinion about other reasons for the experience also does not make them a skeptic. They are covering the bases of what else could have been the case. Often times, its very important to look at things from every possible angle.
Just because someone gives other explanations does not make their point invalid, nor is it saying that the OP did not have an experience.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
I just wanted to clarify that I am giving reasonable explanations of what could have happened. I like to approach things from a skeptics viewpoint only because we all should find solutions first and if it cannot be explained, then result in the paranormal. I am in no way, shape, or form, every saying someone's story isn't true. I am only offering comfort and advice, which is how I see YGS run. I sometimes do come off as mean and harsh and I apologize, it was never my intent to be so. If kattgaines can tell me more about the situation and how my answers cane debunked then I will be happy to oblige.
gynethquinn (3 posts)
-3
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
i don't know but I believe you. Ignore the skeptics. Sometimes when i'm laying bed I close my eyes and relax and I hear whispers. One time My picture that I wanted to show someone that was on my living room table disappeared as if it had been moved. Later like a couple days later I found it lying in front of my bookcase. Sometimes I hear footfalls. And sometimes I hear my furniture moving. When I first moved into my condo I thought someone broke in. I wasn't used to such paranormal noise activity, and I ran down stair to hopefully kick the intruders a** but when I got downstairs both door were locked and the room felt still. I felt like I was being watched. In my old apartment before the condo, I had felt presences watching me, weird stuff happened that I won't discuss because the site doesn't allow talk of sexual encounters anymore. So I don't want to risk it.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Hello Kat,

I agree with a lot of what ifihadyoux said already.

It sounds like your friend had sleep paralysis, or if she could move, experienced hypnopomic hallucinations. When you first wake up, your mind is still responding to the dream it experienced and can get stuck there for a moment. This can lead to hallucinations. Sleep paraylsis is about the same thing, only that you will have no control of your body, unable to move. Both are done by your own body, just not on purpose.

Helpful and interesting link: http://neurocritic.blogspot.com/2013/12/when-waking-up-becomes-nightmare.html

The voice while dozing on the coach also falls into the sleep paralysis/hypnopic hallucination range. Ever fallen asleep and heard your front door slam, or thought you heard your alarm go off on your phone? It's all your brain trying to figure out it's surroundings in a different state than awake.

I looked up Oklahoma weather last night and it was very cold, below freezing. Since your ashtray is glass, it's possible that the exposure to the weather is what snapped it, especially with the heat from cigarettes being put out on it. If you drop a hot plate into freezing water, it will shatter. Even metal pans can warp during temperature changes.

Your symptoms sound like the beginning stages of shingles. I would take a visit to your doctor, especially if the skin begins to redden.
However, you could have had a nightmare and thrashed around. Since you say you never work out, your abdomen muscles could have been more active than normal, hence waking up sore. Not being used to the feeling of a sore tummy, your skin could simply feel sensitive in that area because the sensations below out are out of norm. It also could be a torn muscle. Please see a doctor or an urgent care specialist and make sure you are not injured.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
I would say the not being able to move is sleep paralysis which happens when you randomly wake up in the middle of the night. It usually goes away in a few minutes but can feel like a lifetime.

I am curious as to why your dog was barking in the mirror? Mirrors can be made into portals from my understanding [someone feel free to add on or correct me if I am wrong here] and if your dog was barking at it, then maybe your dog saw something come in/go out of it? Just a thought. Or maybe the dog was barking at something in the direction of the mirror, maybe not the mirror itself. Could be nothing though, dogs are curious little things.

When you said you were zoned out while looking at the ashtray, how certain are you that you didn't break it itself? Or that someone from the neighborhood, i.e. Teenagers, didn't decide to break it as a joke? It's happen to my car. I've had flat tires cause of those bast... Beautiful children.

As for your torso being sore, that could also be a medical issue. Did you check yourself for bruises or anything unusual on your body? Are you still sore? Maybe get yourself checked out by the doctor, better safe than sorry.

I would also ask the former roommate what exactly happened to her in the place so you can find out some answers. Did she mess with an ouija board or do any dark magick? Did someone else do so before she moved in?

Sorry my comment is so long, I hope this helps.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
kimy001 - I don't know why I'm wasting my time responding to your comment because I'm just going to delete it anyway. But seriously? If you can't be serious, please go play somewhere else 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: