You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Field

Real Ghost Stories

The Field

 

This is my first of probably many posts. I've had quite a few experiences with the paranormal, good and bad, but I'll start from the beginning with my first terror.

It was the 5th of November - Fireworks night. It possibly 10 years ago now and I would have been 14 or 15 at the time. Myself and a few of my old school friends decided to find a viewpoint where we live in Surrey. Next to our school was this huge open field on top of a hill, which lead to woodland below and we found an opening and could see for miles around.

The fireworks were great! We stayed for a couple of hours, laughing and joking so it was all good vibes, then we decided to go back to one of my friend's house. Walking back through the field, we kind of took a detour and went a longer way around which was different from the way we came in. There were patches of long grass all over the place so you had to look at your feet rather than ahead of you. I ended up flagging behind the group a little and came to a clearing of short grass so I stepped it up a gear and started to job to catch up. However, I was approaching another patch of long grass, this time it was longer and thicker than the other sections. I got to the end of the grass and froze.

The feeling of complete terror came over me, I couldn't move, speak or scream for my friends who were still ahead of me and hadn't noticed that I'd stopped in my tracks. The only way I could describe this feeling of terror is like I subconsciously knew something bad happened where I was about to step. It took a good minute or so for my friends to stop and turn back for me, but by that time I was already going into overdrive and was having an anxiety attack.

My friends managed to calm me down. I told them what had happened and that I couldn't walk that way so we found an alternative exit.

After that night, I told a few friends and family members who just brushed it off and said I was thinking too much into things but I did my research and found out that there had been multiple rapes on that field and also in the woodlands below this too.

Personally, I think I picked up on an energy that left behind here. I don't recall feeling like there was 'someone' with me but I'd like to get other people thoughts on this.

Thank you for reading!

Other hauntings by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FollowTheWhiteRabbit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
FollowTheWhiteRabbit - I cannot imagine what you experienced, and I hope I never do. Reading the article was enough to make my heart hurt and want to vomit 😢
FollowTheWhiteRabbit (2 stories) (13 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Okay, so it was a lot easier than expected to find an article on it.

This is not what I read originally as it was published in 2006 a year or 2 after I had the experience, however, what's said about the 1996 attack matches the information I read up on before.

Glad he's been bought to justice now, I didn't know this before.

Http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/sep/19/topstories3.ukcrime
FollowTheWhiteRabbit (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Hi Everyone! Thank you for your comments and feedback!:)

Just to clarify, I don't have any anxiety issues - well, no more than anyone else you know? This occasion was my first panic attack and there has been another occasion, again where I've felt something 'un-worldly' so to speak. However, I'll explain that one another day...

Lady-Glow, I'll do my best to find the links/info on the incident - it was a long time ago now but I'll do some digging!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
FTWR: wow, that's creepy!
Plesa do not think that I doubt your very well written experience, but -Could you provide the links about the history of the place? -I did some research but what I found doesn't seem to fit the time frame of your story. 😕
I think this info would help to better picture the events.
Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to read more of your stories.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
FTWR- I'm going to touch on something that elnora mentioned. IF, if you have an anxiety disorder I was curious IF the negative energy in that field caused the anxiety attack? One can only imagine ALL the negative energy left from that type of tragic events. Just a thought.
Thanks for sharing. Will be waiting on your next.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Ou what a creepy feeling to uncover! And I love your screen name.:D Very cute.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-13)
Remember, remember, the 5th of November...

It does sound like you wandered into something, especially considering the history you mentioned. I can see how something that unpleasant would leave behind a feeling of terror. I can't think of any reason that you would freeze up and feel scared unless you have an anxiety disorder.

Really interesting experience! Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: