You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Gran Back From The Dead

Real Ghost Stories

My Gran Back From The Dead

 

Tonight I let my dog outside and I was making myself a cuppa tea. Then I decided to look out my kitchen window, and I looked over to my granda's house into his spare room as he just lives across the road.

My gran has only been dead for 8 months. She had cancer and on the day she was meant to get home, she died of pneumonia.

Anyway, when I looked over into the spare room I saw something, couldn't quite see what it was. Then the blinds started moving slowly, then it was like it was really windy but the windows were closed. Then I closed my eyes and opened them again and I looked deeper, the ghost had a face.

I swear it was my gran. And she looked at me. She moved but didn't say or do anything else. At first I was ok, then I started to think and started freaking out a bit. I also spoke to my mum about it who thinks I'm mad.

But just 5 minutes ago, I had a crank call from a private number. I'm having a slight panic attack and shaking. It is really scary as this is my first experience.

I think my gran is somehow trying to contact me, but I don't know why. I would love to have contact her. I believe in ghosts. I want to see her so much as I never got a real chance to say goodbye and haven't really grieved properly because I have had a lot of problems of my own to deal with.

I think that maybe she is trying to tell me that she is there, watching over me and that she will be there every step of the way until I stop needing her and wanting her. Which I think will be never as life is too hard without her and I'm struggling myself to let her go.

I'm 28 and got 3 kids and my problems are big, and all I want is my gran and for her to hold me and tell me everything is going to be alright.

I think my next step will be to look out the window again same time tomorrow night and try to say something and maybe get her to give me some sort of sign that she is here in case she can't actually speak to me in words. I don't want her to leave me. Is that wrong of me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nikkibabe86, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

nikkibabe86 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-21)
Hi ifihadyoux, the phone call was straight after I sat down after seeing what I thought was my gran. Nothing was said in the crank call, I answered it, then they waited a minute after I said hello, then hung up. To me that wasn't a coinicence. When I saw her in the house she was actually inside the spare room. That's what made me think it was her ghost. I still need her as things have just gotten a lot worse. Xxx
nikkibabe86 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-03)
i see a counsellor every 2 wks. Thanks for the support guys. I appreciate it xxx
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Yes, you do. Don't be afraid to write things out of anger and pain. Write it all down and let it go. When it pops, it will release that energy into the world and it won't be in you anymore.

Just know that everyone here is here to help and if you need anything, there is a community here that will support you.

Have you thought about seeing a counselor, so you have someone to really talk to about your loss? Keeping a journal or meditating?
nikkibabe86 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
thanks guys. The crank call was late at night and as soon as I answered they waited a second then hung up. Was weird because it was after I saw my grans ghost. Elnora I think I might try that. Going through a really tough time at the moment. So I think the balloon thing mite help. I need to be ok.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
I love that idea elnora! What a great way to let go of some of the guilt!
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
Thank you:) It helped quite a bit with the passing of my great grandmother a few years back.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
What a wonderful idea elnora! I've never heard of that before and that definitely would have helped when I was grieving the loss of my grandmother. I still grieve over her and it's been 9 years. It just takes time nikki!
elnoraemily (guest)
+4
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
Hello Nikki,

The private number calls are likely just a coincidence. My work gets them about 20 times a day and my cell gets them a few times a week. Sometimes it's a prank, sometimes it's a telemarketer, ect.

It's not wrong of you to want to see someone who has passed. It's perfectly normal to want to see/be with someone who has passed that you love.

Since you were looking into what was her house, it seems natural that she would be there. It could be a residual pattern of her or maybe she just wants to be at home for bit.

This could also be your subconscious creating the image of her in the window, out of reflections from a tree/clouds/sunlight. It is very obvious that you miss her dearly and want to say goodbye.

I have an idea that may help you let go of the some of things that you wanted to say.

Get a balloon (filled with helium so it will go up). On that balloon, write all the things you ever wanted to say to her. Once you are done, let the balloon float away. Do it on a nice, clear day. Get the words you want out and release them into the world. Get all of the words and thoughts out of your head in a healthy way so you can focus on the world of the living again.

I am very sorry for the loss of your grandmother.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
Don't take this the wrong way but I wouldn't get your hopes up for something your mind might be making up. You say you haven't grieved properly, and it makes me wonder if your mind is making these images up to ease your broken heart. The mind can do pretty powerful and amazing things, I really don't want you to hurt anymore.

I am sincerely sorry for the loss of your grandmother but you should know she is most definitely watching over you and your family:] she doesn't need to contact you for you to know that.

I also have a question about the crank call, what is the significance in that? Was anything said?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: