You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Ghost In The Tower

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In The Tower

 

A few months ago I visited London, The Tower of London in fact and whilst there undertook a tour of the Bloody Tower. In total there were two rooms for visiting within that section of the Tower, however the first to be visited was that of Sir Walter Raleigh, the chambers where he stayed for a number of years before his execution.

Ghost In The Tower

The room was of a fair size, it was midday and the room was among myself full of tourists. HOWEVER, for the short time in the room and taking photos, I felt an overwhelming and increasing pressure and presence around me, in fact coming towards me in the small room. The room was portioned off in to two sections -one for the table and artifacts he used to write, the second for tourists etc to stand, view and take pictures. I attempted to take a few photos however the pressure was so overpowering that I ended up feeling off balance, feeling sick and almost had to lean again the wall of the room to stay stable and on my feet. Thinking no more of the incident I continued the tour and subsequently returned home.

A few days later I was checking the photos taken in the room, two in total, the first shows a dark spot on the desk, however in the second an orb and clearly visible the outline and markings of a face. I can't say for sure that this was the previous prisoner of the room as the Tower had many executions. However, looking closely at the face in the picture I have often wondered whether this was in fact the same face as in the picture hanging over the desk, could this be a visit from Sir Walter?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CF2014, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Martin (602 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2016-12-31)
Note: some new photos provided by the author have been published.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
CF2014, I'd love to see those pictures! I wonder if anyone else in the group had similar orbs on their photos too. Of course we'll never know the answer to that, yet still I wonder. Did anyone else complain about the 'pressure' feeling?
Icreatedyou (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
I think you just psyched yourself out. Not to be rude. It was most likely not him.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
Can we see the picture? You can upload to photobucket and copy a link into the comments (make sure it's separate from any account on photobucket you already have, because we would be able to see any other pictures).
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
Oh that is one of my bucket list destinations to visit! Huge MQS [Mary Queen of Scots] and Tudor Dynasty fan. It is possible that someone or thing took energy from you to be able to produce an orb.

Would you be able to upload the photos and produce a link so we may take a look? I am very curious! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: