You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Big Black Things Pt.2

Real Ghost Stories

The Big Black Things Pt.2

 

This takes place not too long after my previous story. I was downstairs in my neighbor's basement/game-room as both of my parents were at work, and after my previous experience with the black thing out by my barn, I refused to stay home alone. I probably would have taken my house over this one had I known that I would have an even closer "brush" with the paranormal here.

I don't know if I mentioned this in my other story, but our small neighborhood of about five houses on top of a large hill surrounded by a few fields was built on an Native American village. (My neighbor, who farms a few of the nearby fields, has thousands of dollars worth of arrowheads and artifacts that he simply found in his field). That's why our entire area is so "active" I assume.

It was about nine o'clock at night. My neighbors' son was out, the husband was watching TV upstairs, the wife was asleep, and I was downstairs playing Call of Duty in the dark. I felt the cliche cold air (it was a particularly warm day if I remember right), and a shiver go up my spine. I looked behind me out of instinct, and seeing that nothing was there, I turned back around to unpause my game.

That was a mistake. A big black shadow about twelve feet tall, with what looked like big hands with six-inch claws on the end walked in front of the TV and up the stairs. If you've ever seen anything like this, you'll understand what I'm trying to say. When it went up the stairs, it just moved up them. I couldn't tell you how it moved (good lord this is really hard to say over text)...It was so weird, it didn't float, it didn't walk, it was almost like it stopped at the bottom of the stairs, and in the blink of an eye, it was at the top of them.

I spend a lot of time over there at my neighbor's and to this day, almost five years later, I will not go back down into their basement.

*Note-sorry for the previous confusion over my last entry, I cleared it up, it won't happen again.

Other hauntings by skullyturtle

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, skullyturtle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

skullyturtle (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
elnora-yeah it's like that. It doesn't open up to the outside.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Did it open out to the outside? Like not a true basement, but a lower level? I know that style is popular in Indiana (I grew up there).
skullyturtle (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Wishnot- their basement ceiling is really high up, about 12 1/2 feet... And the husband and wife are atheist, and refuse to acknowledge anything paranormal, but their children (who are all about 20 now, and one still lives there) see and hear things all the time...
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
I was wondering about the height, too, because my dad's basement has a 6-foot ceiling and growing up my ceiling was barely 8 feet.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
skullyturtle- How tall was the ceiling in the downstairs room. I'm setting here looking at the ceiling in my office and it's at least 10 feet. (older courthouse) So if I add 2 more feet to that, well that had to be a REALLY tall ceiling for a basement.

Did the husband ever say anything about seeing anything? Or anybody else for that matter? That lived in the house you are writing about.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: