You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Foggy Beings - Opinions Wanted

Real Ghost Stories

Foggy Beings - Opinions Wanted

 

I'm going to start this of by telling you guys that this is not the first time I have encountered something paranormal. I know my late grandfather is hanging back in this world on some level and there have been other sightings here and there. I don't usually pay much attention to them but this time it is a bit different.

Over the past few weeks I have noticed a dark grey/black foggy shape everywhere I go. It is quite small - about the size of a cat or a dog - and moves near the floor. It isn't tied to any location, rather maybe to me (?). It hasn't done anything or tried to really come near me or at least I haven't noticed. It just usually moves around a couple of meters away from me. I have no idea who or what it could be. Neither has anything unusual happened that would explain it at all. Now that I think about it, it might have been getting thicker/more solid looking over time.

Now today I noticed another foggy being. This time it was light grey, almost white. The two beings seemed like they were somehow connected, like kind of opposites. The lighter one would place itself between me and the dark being and just stay there. After a while the light one suddenly "flew" right at me giving me chills for a little while and then disappeared. The lighter one looked more see-through than the dark one and was less-organized, if that makes any sense. It also moved in mid-air.

If anyone has any similar experiences or could offer any insight to what might be going on I would be very grateful to hear it.

Other hauntings by ZumZum

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ZumZum, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
ZumZum- Well with the added info it obviously wasn't a darn migraine. And with what BJJ added I think this case may be closed. 😁

That's why I really enjoy this site and the group of people involved with it. I came for answers and found some. You came for the same thing and hopefully you found them as well.

Sometimes it may take some time, and some times there isn't an answer. We just have to decide that that is good enough.

Thanks for sharing again.
ZumZum (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
Woah, I think you might be right BadJuuJuu. I hadn't even considered past pets. I've had several pets before and one of them might be this thing. I had an old black bunny that got sick last spring and had to be put down. It happened at my parents' farm and she is buried there too. There is some activity at the farm so I haven't paid any special attention to anything there, but I have seen something similar moving around there before this, I just hadn't connected the dots that it might have been the same thing that is now in my house and follows me around where I go. So maybe a few weeks ago it decided to follow me back to my place for a change. The more I think about it, the more convinced I am. The bunny used to kind of "tiptoe" around when it didn't want to be noticed and it was very similar to how the dark being moves.

I'm having second thoughts whether the dark and light beings are actually connected like I suspected in the story. The light one only appeared that one time and maybe it was just a coincidence that it was placed directly between me and the dark being.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
My personal opinion on what colors of entities mean is different from most people. Personally, I don't think it means anything at all with regards to the character or intent of an entity.
I tend to think weaker entities will manifest as dark or vague shapes, just because it requires less energy than a lighter color or defined form. As a ghost or other type of entity gets more skill at manipulating energy and manifesting itself, it will look lighter and/or better defined. A recent ghost may take the form of a dark shadow, only to learn later how to properly manifest and look more like he did in life.
Basically, forget what the thing looks like and focus on how you feel when it's around. Some of the most terrifying encounters I've had were with entities that were white, while one of the most peaceful things I've run into was jet black. You can see why I ignore the conventional wisdom on white vs dark color lol.
The one thing I was thinking while reading this was, have you lost any pets? Wouldn't even have to be recent, animals tend to show up when they want. Animals are family, and like departed human family they check in from time to time.
Anyhoo, just my coffee-deprived thoughts.
ZumZum (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
Thanks for all the comments.

I should've been more clear, I don't see the "things" all the time. The dark one has been appearing on and off for a few weeks now. Like one day I may see it a few times and then the next day not at all. It's not usually there for more than a few minutes and then moves away. At first I was wondering if it was something bad because of the color, but I never feel scared of it or anything. The lighter one only appeared that one time.

I have had my vision checked and my eyes examined because of other reasons. There is nothing wrong that could explain this. I was reading about ocular migraines just now and it didn't sound like what I see. The dark thing moves calmly and some times stops, if I turn my head far enough I don't see it anymore and when I turn my head back it's there again. If it moves behind a desk or something, I don't see it, but if I go and take a look behind the desk it's there.

In Finnish folklore there are all kinds of creatures living everywhere. I can't remember anything like this ever mentioned, but I'll definitely take a look if I can find something.
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
ZumZum,

Not sure what it is, but you might want to have the doctor check you out. Could be something affecting your vision. Doesn't explain one flying by you, however. Maybe it is some kind of spirit that attached themselves to you?
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
I don't have anything either. I know ghosts can manifest themselves into mist form if they have enough energy. Usually light means pure and dark means... Well unpure as in a not nice spirit. My only guess would be that your guardians are protecting you from something.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
elnora- I can see where you are headed. I reread the story and have a question for Zum.

ZumZum- You say that over the past few weeks you have seen the "foggy beings". Do you see them 24/7? All the time? Everywhere you are?
The migraines that elnora mentioned I experience as well and they start out with some visual stuff. However mine only last 20-45 minutes before they fade and the migraine sets in. I don't have a visual constant 24/7 during so you can understand my question.
Good point elnora. I can see how it could be confused if one is unaware that they are having one.
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Whoa... This is a rather strange experience... But interesting. Thanks for sharing 😊

Regards
Spookie1 😜
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
I've got nothing on this except for ocular migraines (only because I have seen weird things while having them).
Very interesting experience. Thanks for sharing.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
ZumZum- Well this is a curious one. I have read stories here with YGS that had short/small shadows that would move across the base of a wall but I believe they were contributed with the elemental/nature type thing. But they were not "free standing" This is curious.

Someone will have something I hope. I wonder if it might be a geographic type thing? Being from Finland, is there any type of folklore that might have this kind of thing? I don't know, kind of grasping here. But thanks for sharing. Will be keeping up with the comments on this one.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
ZumZum - several years ago I saw a rectangular gray mass pass by my feet. I thought it was my cat. It wasn't. I saw it once more, but with white spots surrounding it. A few weeks or so later I saw a black sphere hovering in the air. It was perfectly round and almost transparent.

I asked people I knew and trusted what the black sphere could be. Consensus was the black sphere was a ball of negative energy. I don't remember if there were any definite thoughts on the gray mass. But during this time, my daughter was going through some things and I believe her emotions manifested into that black ball.

This doesn't mean what I experienced is what you are seeing. But maybe it'll provoke a thought or memory that will help you.

I'm sure some of our other members will offer their advice and/or share their experience (s) with you. Hopefully something will help 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: