You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Warning From My Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Warning From My Cat

 

About a week ago my cat decided to come in and sleep on my bed. I was watching a news program on my laptop, when after about an hour of being dead asleep he woke up really suddenly.

His ears were back and his eyes were huge. All of his body language was saying something spooked him. He started watching something in one corner of my room, and he followed whatever it was for about 5 minutes. Looking back and forth across the room and up and down from the ceiling erratically. I thought it must have been a bug but I didn't see or hear anything buzzing around the entire time.

He got up very slowly and came up to me with a pitiful look on his face, and very slowly started walking towards the door while continuing to look around for something. So I opened the door and gave him some treats and he was fine. As soon as he got out of my bedroom he acted completely normal. So I didn't really think anything of it, maybe he was just acting really weird.

After a little while I went back to my room and started watching my news show again, but my cat refused to come in. I had the door closed and got under my sheet and comforter. After about 10 minutes I hear my cat outside of my door meowing, but I figured he was just trying to bug me into more treats so I left him out.

I started to get the feeling someone or something was watching me. Not necessarily a negative feeling just strange. All of a sudden both my sheets and covers were yanked clear from me all the way to the foot of the bed.

I don't know for sure what my cat was seeing, but this experience makes me start to believe he is my familiar. That he can sense when something strange is about to happen, especially because whenever anything strange or paranormal happens in the apartment he is by my side. I can't say if anything here have any bad intentions, but it's an experience I won't soon forget.

Other hauntings by pickabiggerweapon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pickabiggerweapon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pickabiggerweapon (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-29)
I hadn't really thought to journal the events, mainly because smaller stuff is so frequent but I think I will do that. Might be interesting to see if there's some sort of residual pattern.
And yeah, were pretty lucky to have that here. It's not quite a retirement building, most of the people here are pretty independent. Like there aren't nursing staff or anything, but due to the nature of the building there are quite a few deaths that happen.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
pickabiggerweapon,
Zzgranny (one of the mods here) tells me that there are no coincidences. There is a real possibility that your kitty is reacting to something, however, we try to look at all possibilities before leaping to the paranormal.
You live in a retirement home that allows pets? Boy, are you lucky! Out here pets are taboo in most of them. I agree with what you said, with that much death around, a bit of activity wouldn't be too unusual. (Trash lid moving reminds me of a nosy neighbor lol) Like the others have said, if it persists and refuses to play by the rules, then a house cleansing might be in order.
Do you keep a journal of these events? Might be interesting to see if there is some kind of pattern.
feefoo222 (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
If I was in place of you when the sheets 'flied' I would have ran to my parents room
Over all I agree with BJJ...

Regards, 😊
pickabiggerweapon (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
I didn't think of a nightmare at first because I've never seen him act too weird in his sleep, yeah though that makes sense, and the sheet thing could've been separate. But it is a strange coincidence.

There hasn't been anything too noteworthy since this incident. Like some nights I'll hear footsteps walking around in the hallway outside of my door, and the trash can will open and shut by itself. But that's all fairly normal here.

I also live with my grandmother in an apartment building for people over 65. It's been here for decades, I never hear any other people here really talk about anything paranormal. But I've only lived here for 3 years and dozens of residents have passed in that timespan so I don't think it's too unusual considering the circumstances of the building.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-23)
I'm not sure about the familiar part. I've been around cats my entire life who follow me around, seem to see things I can't, and will 'talk' like mad if I try to close them out of a room I'm in. So to me, it sounds like your cat is being well, a cat. Do you know that cats also dream? It could be your kitty had a nightmare, and was reacting to it. On the other hand, he could just as well have been trying to tell you that something 'different' was in the room. Cats, as well as most animals I think, are far more sensitive then humans to such things.
The covers being pulled off you - well that is very annoying. Has anything happened since then?
DragonLuvrD (6 stories) (12 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-21)
Your cat acts kind of like my kitty, and familiar. I've talked to other pagans, and I've been told the desire to be with their person during ritual, the following from room to room and the like is normal, for a familiar. So, congratulations on finding yours! Or should I say, Congratulations kitty for finding your pagan! Lol

As for some of the other things like being highly sensitive, well, some cats, like people are like that. I'd be more worried if he reacted violently to the spirit.

And for the spirit itself, boundaries. Shield yourself, let out know you don't mind it there, but it can't do certain things. If it continues doing them, you'll have it go home. Banishing spells might be helpful to learn just on case but I think you will have more luck if you tell your ghost to just go home, because well, they're dead and probably have family there.

That spirit could have also been sent by someone. With some not so nice intentions, be on your guard. If things get serious, get help. Don't mess with things like them, you can make a situation go from bad to worse. But if it's being helpful, thank it, but be firm about those boundries. Merry Meet, and good luck!
howwilliknow (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-21)
Good story and I like your name it made me smile:) best wishes.
pickabiggerweapon (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Yeah I wasn't like freaked out by it too much, just startled. I have tried to like sit down and just talk to whatever it is saying something along the lines of "I don't have a problem with you being here just respect peoples privacy"
And yeah I can't say for sure he is my familiar but its not the first time he has been around when weird things happen. He will always wake up and follow me to the bathroom or kitchen even at 4 am and we've had some weird things happen then. He's just super attached to me and tends to always be around when this kind of stuff happens. I'm also a pagan, and if I'm say doing a ritual or something with energy he always starts whining at my door to be let in.
Thanks for everyone's thoughts so far!
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
I also agree with everything BJJ said.

Best wishes to you and hope all is well
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
I agree with BJJ and won't repeat what they said because it was everything I was thinking.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
Animals have much better senses than humans, and are frequently aware of presences before we are. Your cat noticing activity doesn't necessarily indicate he's your familiar. He's just being a cat, and being aware of things that are not unusual for cats to be aware of. I'm not trying to be a downer here, but its important to look at odd events as rationally as possible. Don't attribute significance to events that may not be there,
If something is yanking your covers off at night, that's a pretty irritating play for attention. I suggest setting down some ground rules for what activity you will and will not tolerate in your home. Be polite, but be firm and specific. If you've got something around that doesn't want to play by the rules, you may want to try a house cleansing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: