You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandfather Saved Me

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandfather Saved Me

 

I am new to this site. Just a little bit of back ground. I am 34 years old. In June of this year I was diagnosed with a tumor behind my eye which meant that my brain is not releasing the fluids. So the specialist said that I must go for a operation to put in a shunt, I was very scared of doing it I had the feeling that I will not survive the operation, eventually my family talked me in to go for the operation. In July they operated on me. Everything was going wonderful I felt like a new person, however everything changed a week after the operation.

The second night I was at home I was still unable to move around and to do things on my own. The night I told my husband I am not feeling too well. When I finally get to sleep something weird happens. I saw my grandfather (he passed away some 8 years ago) in the corner of my room he was standing there with tears in his eyes. I immediately woke up I was feeling very bad. I was sweating a lot. My head was killing me. I asked my husband if he saw my grandfather, he said no I told him about what I saw and said maybe it is the pain medication that is working or something. By the time it was morning I was so sick that he rushed me to hospital at the hospital they took my vitals my blood pressure was very low. Due to the fact that they don't have any beds in hospital they sent me home telling us that if my situation gets worse I must come back. So we went home I got so bad that my bp was at 40/26. As I was sleeping my grandfather appeared again in the same corner of the room, he was looking at me and for the first time I felt calmness coming over me. And I heard him clearly saying its not my time to go I must hang in there everything will be okay.

What happened after that they had to do an emergency operation the shunt had a problem. The doctor saw me after everything was over and he said it is a miracle that I am still alive.

I believe that my grandfather was looking out for me this whole time.

Thank you for reading my story.

Other hauntings by maritzalin

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maritzalin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-29)
Hope you doing well now:) As far as your grandfather is concerned, I guess he loved you a lot & is still looking after you 😊 God bless you with good health 😊
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
Hello:

I think your story is beautiful; I completely believe that our loved ones on the other side can help us in times of great need.
Thank you for sharing.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
sushanktar - if you will read my comment on your story "Nishi" which is addressed to you, you will find the information necessary to air your grievances.

For your convenience, here's the link http://www.yourghoststories.com/contact.php

There is also a subsection entitled "Why was my story rejected?" You may want to take a look at it before sending an email to administration. Friend of a friend is inclusive of relatives as well. If this still doesn't satisfy you, reread the submission's guidelines. Here's that link http://www.yourghoststories.com/submit-story-guidelines.php
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Go check your story "Nishi." Miracles took the time to break everything down for you. Now, let's give this page back to the OP.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
To BadJuuJuu - I sincerely apologize, but could you please guide me from where do I do if I had some.

😳

Regards
maritzalin (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Badjuujuu remember you are as old/young as you feel 😉 I do apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes in advance.
Raftingirl: I also believe that our loved ones are able to help and guide us in times of need. I have always believed in the paranormal I had lots of experiences as a young girl up to now how ever all of them are not good ones but I will post more of my experiences.
Valkricry: I am the oldest of the grandchildren and yes my grandfather was my hero. My mom told me that when I was born the second week my grandfather en grandmother came to get me to go on holiday with them 😭. Every year in December I would go with them to the sea. When I had to start school I could not go with them anymore my mom said I was crying so much that he decided to cancel their holiday and to rather visit us, he was the best of the best.
maritzalin (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Good Morning ifihadyoux

It is a compliment to been seen as a young adult 😆 my blood sugar wasn't low my blood pressure sorry that is what the bp stands for. The feeling of seeing my grandfather was overwelming even if I think back now it was so real
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
Sushantkar, someone else's page is not the place to air your grievances.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
To maritzalin- It was a nice story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

To Badjuju- I have recently posted (on Monday evening) an experience of my maternal grandfather. But it was not published and the reason given was 'the website doesn't accept stories that come from 'a friend of a friend' as it is too unreliable'.

With all due respect,

Regards,

Sushant
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
Maritzalin,
Due to some of the experiences I've had, I think it is quite possible you really did see your Grandfather. Were you close to him in life? I'm curious because of a theory I'm working on.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
BJJ & Raftingirl, haha maybe so! I just thought 30s would be "adult" haha
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
ifihadyoux - yes - apparently we must be over 35 to be considered middle aged;)

Maritzalin - I'm glad you had your Grandfather there for you. I've experienced something similar. Your story was very touching, and I'm glad you came through:) Maybe you will get to see him again on a happier note:)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
Ifihadyou, I've never figured out the age system lol. I'm 33, feel 103, classified as a young adult. /sigh. I guess I'll just take the compliment lol.
Maritzalin, I believe our loved ones can appear to comfort us in times of need. It seems your need was very great, and your grandfather was there for you. I'm happy the surgery was successful, and hope you're doing well.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
34 is considered a young adult? Ok then. Moving on...

I am sorry to hear about the tumor but am glad you are all right. Though when you have low blood sugar people are known to hallucinate however if you were really close to death, it is possible your grandfather was looking out for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: