You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I've Seen A Ghost On A Bike

Real Ghost Stories

I've Seen A Ghost On A Bike

 

I might ask first that since I don't speak English as a mother language, for you to try as much as you can to understand my story, and I will explain the best that I can. I am 19 years old, and what I'm about to tell you happened when I was around 12. It is not a scary story, but is very real and I still struggle to understand it, since the "ghost" that I saw was so physical and realistic.

It was around 6:30 am and I was walking to school with my sister. The sidewalk we were walking on had a lot of short and thin trees planted along it's edge, but were very well spaced from each other in a way that I could perfectly see the street through them. My sister suddenly realized she forgot her homework back home, and quickly went there to get in time while I just kept walking to school.

As soon as she left me, I heard this really loud bicycle sound. I looked at the street through the trees, and I saw him. Aparently a normal guy riding his bike. The only different things that I noticed was that he was wearing a bright yellow t-shirt that would "blind" my eyes, his bike, also yellow, was too huge and seemed too heavy and finally the loud and terrible noise that his bicycle would make. He was coming the opposite way, in my direction. That's when he climbed up to the sidewalk right in front of me. I didn't pay attention to his face. He was right in front of me and probably would want to pass by me, so I left the sidewalk stepping to the street to open his way. He passed behind the tree that was right beside me and disappeared. He didn't show up in the other side of the tree when he passed behind it. I could hear the noise of his bike but I just couldn't see him ANYWHERE.

My "search" for him only lasted about five seconds, because I turned to an alley that was a little hill, and he was already up there in the end of it. I got shocked. In five seconds he turns to the other direction, passes by me again without me seeing him carries that huge bike up a whole hill? I was only with a backpack and I was still in the bottom of the hill. That's when my sister reached me and caught me looking up like an idiot and this is our dialogue:

- Carol, what are you looking at? - says my sister.

- Gabi, do you see that guy up there? - I say pointing at him.

- What guy? - she searches.

- That one in yellow, he disappeared behind a tree and after a few seconds he showed up already up there.

Now looking scared, she looks at me all weird and says:

- Carol... What guy?

At this point I wasn't thinking "oh my God, I saw a ghost", I was trying to figure out how a real guy could have done that, that's why I was not scared and that's why I thought my sister was blind for not seeing him, when he was the only guy there and since he was in yellow. But she really seemed scared and swears up to this day that she hasn't seen anything that day, he was so real and physical and only after a few hours I figured out that maybe he was a ghost. After he climbed the hill and turned to the other side I never saw him again. My sister still has goosebumps everytime we talk about this, in fact she is more scared that I was. And that's it, thank you for reading it.

Other hauntings by carol9510hotmailcom

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, carol9510hotmailcom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mercredi (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-05)
This story is the closest I've seen to something I saw when I was a teenager, though I was in a rural part of the US. Only, I saw a bicycle rider wearing a full suit -- at night in thick fog!
carol9510hotmailcom (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-23)
elnoraemily - It was a huge bicycle, with a loud and annoying sound of a rusty crank, and it seemed very heavy for a reason

Sheetal - I did talk to my mom and some other people but nobody can explain, or has witness the same, at least not that I know

Thanks guys ^^
howwilliknow (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-21)
Hi I know how it feels to be surprised by a realistic looking ghost. I very much enjoyed your story, it's probably my favourite on this entire site:)
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-21)
I am a bit confused as to whether you meant bicycle or motorcycle. I am guessing motorcycle?

Sorry, my mind takes things too literally and can confuse how I take in information sometimes.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-21)
Hi, carol9510hotmailcom Welcome to YGS... As per your description it seems entity was look like 'Ghost Rider' (As you mention that he was on bike). Did you ever talked about this incident with your elders? Did any one from your locality witness the same?

Hope to get answers soon. Thanks for sharing. 😁
Curiousbutscared (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Hi Carol. With English not being your home language, you did an excellent job portraying what had happened to you. Although this is my first comment on this site (I haven't even posted a story yet), I am not at all new here. I have been stalking and reading here for about two years. Your story to me stood out as a real good old fashion "ghost story" and somehow one can sense the truth, innocence and confusion throughout. Thanks for sharing. I'll leave it to the pro's to come up with possible explanations...;)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: