You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Where Those People?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Where Those People?

 

I have written about a couple incidents that happened when I was growing up in Mass, but this one happened when I was a bit older and was stationed at Fort Drum in upstate New York. I had seen a couple things out in the woods while on training exercises, but, that could have been from many things; lack of sleep, poor lighting, etc. But this one really stuck with me.

Now anyone who has every lived in upstate New York knows it can get pretty damn cold. This happened in January of 1994 or 95. It had been in the negative teens for almost two weeks, so there was no reason to be outside unless you absolutely had to be. I was living in the barracks at the time, and our barracks was a square with an open quad in the middle where we usually had our unit formations for morning PT, awards ceremonies, etc. My room overlooked the quad area. Since it was an open area there was a couple feet of snow on the ground. And yes we did get the best of both worlds, the lake effect snow and the cold. I don't know what woke me up, but I definitely could hear voices in the quad, so my first thought was, did I oversleep PT formation. I looked at the alarm clock, it was something past two-so I knew I hadn't overslept so I went over to my window to see who was in the quad.

Looking out I saw two figures standing in the snow, except they where more like standing above the snow and they where wearing very summer like clothing. Now the outside temp was at least -15, so anyone wearing clothes like that would be begging for hypothermia. I could definitely hear them talking but couldn't understand the words. I remember one seemed very "light" and the other seemed "dark". I wasn't going to go outside to find out who they where, but the next morning there was no prints in the snow where they would have been. Just something I've always wondered about, any ideas?

Other hauntings by mrmonty

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mrmonty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-21)
"I think a lot of military bases have some sort of residual energy around them." I am in total agreement with you on that. I have quite a few veteran friends who have lots of stories from their times on different bases.

This was a really interesting encounter; thank you for sharing it!
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Thanks to everyone,
That is kind of how I felt, there was nothing malicious about it, kind of like I was an outside observer. I think a lot of military bases have some sort of residual energy around them. A lot of very powerful emotions.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
What Wish-Not said. 😊
This sounds like a residual event to me as well.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Not much I can say other than a lot of UFO sightings and ghost sightings happen when it is very cold.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
mrmonty- I think I'm going to lean toward a residual moment on this one. One can imagine the energy that has been released over the decades in that one particular area.

What a great moment though. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: