You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Gasping For Air

Real Ghost Stories

Gasping For Air

 

When I was in the tenth grade me and my friend Penny had a bit of an obsession over the supernatural. We decided to go to a pair of abandoned houses that where used by CN for the men.

We went into the houses with a recorder, camera, and a flashlight. We climbed through a broken window on the ground floor and we sat down in one of the empty rooms. I set up the camera and recorder. We sat there asking questions like "Is somebody here?", "Who are you?" and so on. I didn't hear anything and neither did she so we went upstairs. The staircases where very rotten so we went one at a time. And as I went up after her, I could have sworn I herd footsteps behind me on the stairs. I thought, "They're old stairs, that's all" and shook it off.

Again we sat down and set up our equipment and started asking questions. In the room I felt really uneasy and had a hard time breathing and so did she. She started getting scared so we left.

When I got home and looked at what we recorded, I found a male voice that mumbled something and sounded as if he was gasping for air. Then a large shadow figure standing in between me and my friend the whole time while downstairs. Of course this really freaked me out, so I never told my friend about it to this day since I don't want to freak her out.

About a year and a half later I learned a man who lived two houses from those houses died from pneumonia, which many people do in my town. After that I never want to go near those houses again, let alone go back into them.

Other hauntings by skeletonsRIOT

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, skeletonsRIOT, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-21)
I agree with everything Wish-Not said.

Please be careful. Climbing rotting stairs can be extremely dangerous, even if you are trying to be cautious. If you go somewhere like that again, take safety equipment and first aid, as well as letting someone know where you are going, in case you are injured and cannot get out. Be careful on bottom floors as well, as you can fall into a basement. (I have some pretty intense motherly instincts).

Do you happen to have those recordings? You can upload to YouTube and post them in the comments so we can also see.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Hi skeletonsRIOT! As said by wish-not, you could get injured easily and no one could help you either because no body could speculate that you two were in that abandoned house.
Coming back to your experience, when you go to such places, you actually hone your senses unknowingly that you are going to see for what you have came for (or I may not be right). This leads to hallucination.
See, experiencing and encountering with paranormal or supernatural entities is rarest of the rarest cases.
People could consider themselves lucky on encountering with paranormal entity and after experiencing unlucky but not every abandoned house or place is haunted.
I am not doubting on your experience but I am only seeing the other possibilities.

Regards
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
skeletonsRIOT- Firstly, welcome to YGS. Secondly, let me tell you how fortunate the two of you were not to be injured. I remember what it was like to be young and adventurous however, climbing into an abandoned house is quite dangerous. Speaking structurally and well one never knows who (living) might be in there. Sorry, it's the fatherly/parent thing.

I think you might be on the right track with the sound of the stairs though. It would be hard to comment on what you saw in the picture and heard on the recording without me seeing or hearing.

It must have been something when you saw and heard later. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: