You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Evil Shadow Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Evil Shadow Figure

 

This happened quite a while ago but still I remember every single detail. (Please excuse my bad english).

A little background to the story. I'm 16 now and I was about 8 years old at the time this happened. I lived in Pretoria, South Africa in a small neighborhood in a big house. Our house had two stories and a basement. Obviously the basement was underground. The living room, the kitchen, the dining room, a bathroom and the study was on ground floor. All of our bedrooms and a bathroom was on the second floor, mine, my two sisters', and my parents' bedroom.

It was an ordinary day - school, homework, playing outside with some friends. But before I had my experience a few things happened that looked as if it built up to the main event, like objects in my room being moved, scratches on the walls that I heard and there was even something that threw a heavy book at me from the other side of my room from my windows' side when I was practicing my reading while I was laying on my bed. And it couldn't have been the wind because my windows and curtains were closed.

I also crashed into my closet once from my bed that was about 2 metres away from the closet. I didn't tell my parents about it because I was afraid they were going to say that I'm just imagining things and that I'm just crazy and that I was lying to them. So I just thought to myself that maybe I fell, although I was really scared, but I just ignored the fact that I was actually sitting on my double bed (My parents' got a new bed and since I was the oldest of 3 I got their old bed). I was facing the window where my closet was behind me, and there is no way that by sitting on my bed I could fall and crash into the closet with my whole body on the other side of the bed with an extra 2 metres between the bed and the closet. It was almost as if something really strong picked me up and threw me against my closet.

Now this is what my story is about, it was a really vivid experience - A few months later, I woke up late at night and I knew it was late because usually my parents went to bed near midnight and all the lights were off so they had to be asleep (if the lights were on you could've seen it from my room since my room was the first one you can see when you walk up the stairs). It was a while after I was thrown against my closet so I forgot about that as time passed by.

I heard footsteps coming up from the stairs, then I saw this very tall shadow (it was way too long to be human) coming up from the stairs. I could see his red eyes, it came into my room stopping at my door. I just stared at it and after a few minutes it approached me then it just stood next to me, then sat down on my bed staring at me. I heard this deep menacing laugh. I was terrified, I didn't know what to do. I started crying while I was looking at him. I couldn't take my eyes off him, then I heard my parents getting up and came to my room.

The shadow was still there staring at me, up until my dad put on the lights. The shadow vanished right before my eyes! When my mom asked what happened and I explained she said I was imagining things, but by the look on her face I knew that she knew something I didn't. I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night. And the only way I saw a shadow in the dark was his eyes and that he was actually darker than the dark in our house.

Days after that happened we moved out of the house to go live with my grandparents until we found a new house.

Thanks for reading my story and feel free to comment since I love hearing thoughts of other members of this site and thanks for your time.

Other hauntings by spookie1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spookie1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Hello:

I KNEW your parents must have known something in order to move out that quickly. Sounds like they wanted to minimize & deny it so you wouldn't be so scared and that perhaps you would forget about it since you were so young. I think they did what most parents would do in order to protect their child and to ensure that you were not traumatized.
Good story!

Kind Regards,
Lynev
mtjr (1 stories) (4 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
Spookie your seems not be of your imagination the same thing happened to me in Irvington Indiana the past fall but I saw it evil demonic form. It had red glowing eyes it scared me.
It followed me home that night. The same things happened to me in my room I think did not have a shadow person I believe a demon gave into you. You were probably a volatile target.
Demonic possession is not rare
spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
Howwilliknow - I recently spoke to my mother about that night and considering we moved out there a long time ago, I suppose she decided to tell me the truth and she had similar experiences. And thanks for saying it was a good story.

Elnoraemily - I also thought one of my sisters came into my room and moved my stuff but I really can't explain the book being thrown at me.

Followtherabbit - There was never talk about a move before that night so I think it was because of the spirit.

Notjustme - thanks for the link. I'll take a look 😊

Regards
Spookie1😆
howwilliknow (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-21)
you say you felt as though your mother was knew more then she was letting on? Did she ever explain why or did you ever discuss that night with them again? Great story by the way.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-21)
I am curious if they moved because of the presence in the house or if they moved for different reasons?
FollowTheWhiteRabbit (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-21)
Wow, that sounds horrible Spookie1! It's interesting that you and your parents moved out after - was it because of the shadow man? Or was the move imminent anyway?

Have you ever asked them whether they'd experienced anything before? I know how parents love to brush things off as just the imagination but sometimes it's the best thing to say to a child, otherwise it can add fuel to the flames.

None the less - I'm glad your parents moved. I don't think I'd ever sleep again!
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Hello Spookie, I really liked reading your tail, as one who has literally ran into a shadow person, you can read it if you like its tidal "in your face" but back to your tail, I believe shadow entities are of the human origin, not demonic, just bad/evil humans and that can go a long way. Where yours had red eyes mine had none. I also believe they can get physical if they so choose, i.e. You being pushed into your closet and I agree it sounds like it was leading up to its big show.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Hello spookie1! I think you have seen that object in your nightmare. The laughing sound which your parents heard was not of that object but it was of yours. I think your physical body acted according to what you had seen in your dreams.

Regards
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
i would also suggest you watch the other episodes of spirit science, every episode talks about something else. It's very easy to understand.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-20)
Spookie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VB6h_bWR3Y

That talks about astral

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: