You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Apartments In Knoxville Iowa

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Apartments In Knoxville Iowa

 

My name is RJ, and I am about 13 years old. Me and my family stayed at my grandma's apartment for a while. Now when I was a baby we lived there, things always fell off shelves and things would move around and roll around randomly.

The first thing that I remember is that we had a cat with a capital "M" marked on his forehead. It was sleeping in my uncles room when we were in there and suddenly it woke up from his nap and was super angry and started clawing at one of the walls and clawed it up.

Later me and my mom were playing skyrim and suddenly a candle fell off the the dresser while the TV was on.

Soon that night I heard my name being called by my good friend who was in the apartment upstairs. I quickly got my coat on and told my mom what had happened I shouted up to their dad on the porch if I could talk to his son. I asked him what was up. He was confused and told me he just got out of the shower. I knew he had, because his hair was wet.

The last thing that happened was me and my other friend were just chilling on the stairs outside leading to another floor and suddenly we see this orange dot appear into the sky out of nowhere me and her bolted down the stairs to let my mom know what happened. It was also the same night as my friend upstairs calling my name.

What's even creepier is the fact that the whole building knows that the buildings are haunted even my uncle who didn't believe (or didn't want to because he hated ghosts) lived there before and he hated that place. Just because of the haunted apartments.

One more thing. My grandma's bedroom I would never go into. I heard a girl screaming outside several times and I always felt watched and super uncomfortable in that room.

Thank you all for reading this story that is indeed true. I am new to this website and this was the first thing I thought of while reading some stories.

Luckily, my whole family is a Christian family and we all believe in the supernatural.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Darkstorm360abe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spookie1 (5 stories) (72 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
I think what he said about him being a baby he was only referring to the first paragraph, not the whole story haha.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
Yeah I am also confused. Regardless if you got the names of the video games confused, the fact you were playing video games as a baby is highly impressive!
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
I am also confused on the same point as BJJ. You say that this happened when you were younger, a baby,...but you mentioned playing Skyrim. Skyrim came out in 2011. You would have been 9, definitely old enough to form completely memories- as you mentioned the cat was the first thing you remember.

I do agree that the cat clawing things just sounds... Like a cat. I have three and sometimes I cannot believe that my house is still standing. Cats are hunters by nature and their energy can get wound up, causing them to get a little bit spastic at times. I have to wear my cats out every night by letting them chase a laser pointer so I have a house to wake up to.

An orange dot in the sky could be anything from a plane reflecting the sunlight, a meteor coming down or a small bit of cloud, even a balloon that came lose from a display (car dealerships use them all the time).

In an apartment, screaming can be coming from any other apartment around you. The vent systems in apartments are usually shared, making sound travel extremely easily through the area. Hopefully, none of your neighbors were being harmed- but did anyone ever check to make sure that no one nearby was being harmed? Likely someone who lived next door?
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-22)
Not sure what to tell you about your friend'a voice, I just realized I forgot that one. My best guess would be residual, if you yell back and forth frequently; or, most likely, it could have been a trick of the ears. I hate when that happens to me and I ask what someone wanted, yet nobody ever called for me. 😭
I don't suppose anyone else happened to hear it too?
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-22)
Lol bjj, I thought the same thing. I assume that's not what the op meant though...? I should hope, anyway!

The cat sounds like it was being a cat, totally normal. I've had cats do the same thing in the middle of the night...annoying, but normal.

The candle may have been unbalanced and if you happened to have the tv up loud, it may have wiggled its way off the dresser due to vibrations from the sound... Video games can get loud sometimes! (Just throwing out possible explanations, not trying to discount your story)

The orange ball could have been any number of things, but my go-to thought was maybe you saw a flare?

Did anyone ever check to see if there was an actual human woman screaming?! If it was repeated it could be domestic abuse, a rabbit, inconsiderate neighbors, or if you want to take a paranormal route, probably something residual... But i'm concerned that nobody checked it out...?

What makes everyone "know" the building is haunted? Any history to corroborate any experience (ie, the screaming)?

With all of that being said, I have no doubt that apartment buildings can be a host to all sorts of weird happenings, considering how many people are living/have lived there and all the energy and emotions left behind by previous, and even current, tenants.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-22)
OK, I'm confused. This all went down while you were living in the apartment as a baby? Playing video games, hanging out on the stairs, going to other apartments... As a baby?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: