You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Day Of Fear

Real Ghost Stories

A Day Of Fear

 

A number of years ago I was good friends with a girl who, for the sake of storytelling, we'll call T. Now T and I lived in an old, small town in Connecticut. T's house was set on a very large piece of land that also had an abandoned building and an old barn turned garage.

We must have been about 11 or 12 at the time and we thought the abandoned building was especially interesting as it was falling apart and the doors and windows had been boarded shut. We often made up stories that it was an old factory and it had closed because people died in it often and that it was haunted.

One day T and I were in her livingroom watching a marathon of the show A Haunting, a show about "true" hauntings happening all over the US. So we were watching this show and I looked out the window toward her garage (it looked to be about 2 stories high with a circle window on the top floor) I looked up towards the window and saw what looked like a figure or some kind standing infront of it. I was totally spooked, especially since earlier that day we were poking around the abandoned building and then watched A Haunting.

I asked T to go look at the window as well, she said she also saw the figure but we decided to ignore it. Thinking our overactive imaginations were playing tricks on us and went back to the show.

A few hours later her parents went to run an errand and we were left alone at her house. When we noticed it getting dark outside we heard some strange and very faint noises coming from her basement. Just small things like a creak or a small bang but since we were already creeped out enough from the day we decided to move to her room upstairs.

When we got into her room we closed and locked the door and kept the lights off except one flashlight and the TV was on for some additional light but without the sound. For a while nothing happened, we just sat, me with the flashlight pointed at the door knob in fear of someone trying to get in and T by my side. But then we heard footsteps, footsteps that seemed to be climbing the stairs to her room. And sure enough the footseps stoped just outside her door.

We waited a moment staring at the knob hoping it wouldn't turn but our fear and also juvenile impatience got the better of us and T decided to ask this thing a question. "If you come in peace don't do anything, but if you come to kill us stomp twice" is what she said, and I don't think I'll ever be able to forget those words because right after they were said we heard two stomps outside her door.

We waited for this thing to come and kill us but all we heard after that was some footsteps and then the front door closing. Thinking her parents must have returned, we ran downstairs only to find nothing and no one. Around 5 minutes later her parents returned, we asked them if they had just gotten home or if they were messing with us but they seemed to genuinely not know what we were talking about.

To this day (I'm now 18) I have no idea what happened that day, if we both just had very over active imaginations and watched way too much TV or if something had truly come to scare us or kill us. All I know is that I will never forget this experience and that it should be shared.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, law2020, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-25)
it seems to be a case of fragile proportions, as because the situations / events that can deny your allegations happened right at those moments (like watching too much tv, psyching each other out) and on the other hand you did have the elements that seems to support or supplement the cause that there might be haunting (like an abandoned building in an isolated place which possibly might have had history or histories least known to people and therefore... Inexplicable scenarios) ... So its really dicey a situation to comment whether what actually happened at that moment... And its like an old proverb - witnessing a truth is like seeing a ghost - those who have seen it would believe it forever and those who haven't, will forever have doubts in mind.

Anyways, I hope you didn't have to fall in anything wrong though and moved on quite positively in our normal realm:) ... Peace!
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-23)
I agree with the previous three posters. You believed the tv show and were in an place that appeared creepy. It does seem to be the power of suggestion.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-23)
This sounds as if you 2 psyched each other out, coupled with watching that show too much. In the right frame of mind, ordinary basement sounds (furnace, water heater, sump pump, etc.) can take on very ominous tones.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-22)
I'm with badjuujuu. Either that, or the parents did actually play a joke on you. Parents can play a really good dumb game when they want to! It's definitely something I would do to a teenager, lol.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-22)
To be honest, I think you guys just psyched yourselves out. Power of suggestion can really play games with perception.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: